Safe-Guard Products International

Douglas A. Duncan

Great place to work

Current Employee - Tire & Wheel Claim Adjuster  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tire & Wheel Claim Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International full-time for less than a year

Pros

After 6 months you can get promoted to ANY department if you did a good job in your current role. You are given a new laptop, keyboard, mouse, headset, calculator, and bookbag to complete your work. After a period you are allowed to work from home. You will be given a non negotiable base salary, however it is fair and you can work UNLIMITED overtime hours. So honestly you can get as much extra money as you please, management/ employees are constantly sending emails for people to take their hours. Overall i love it. It's a growing company with great pay.

Cons

Heavy call volume and different scenarios on every claim.

Overall good company

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International

Pros

Great company provided benefits. Growing company at a rapid pace.

Cons

Needs improvement in providing more structure with training and new developments/processes implemented.

Need more incentives and recognition as the company is growing rapidy, the employees are overworked, some underpaid, and taken for granted.

Great Company

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International

Pros

Great atmosphere. Great group of employees. Enjoy working the people at this company. Great location.

Cons

Do not wish to disclose.

N/A

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International

Pros

Great company that promotes from within. Staff is friendly and very supportive.

Cons

Location is in a busy area and traffic sucks.

One of Best Kept Secrets in Atlanta - Lots of Growth and Opportunity!

Current Employee - Key Operations Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Key Operations Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you really excel at your job, then there is a good possibility that you will get promoted within 1 - 2 years - this company is GROWING! Management likes to move people across different departments and product lines, so you will be challenged, will learn new things and enjoy your career here much more than the average workplace. Great benefits that are very affordable for all levels of employees, plus a strong 401(k) match too. Easy shuttle ride from Dunwoody MARTA Station.

Cons

Changes happen fast here because of recent growth, but if you are flexible, adaptable and open-minded, then you will be fine.

Your biggest challenge has been to manage the rapid growth and you are doing an overall admirable job. Keep meeting the challenges and continue to strive for excellence. Things are going very well now, but can you insulate the company from a cyclical economy?

One of the worst jobs I've ever had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Safe-Guard Products International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of any no mater how hard I try.

Cons

The IT department is very top heavy -- too many Chiefs for the number of Indians. Too much of the work is being sent off-shore to a company that does not have the technical chops. Executive Management is clue-less and lets other departments, particularly Sales & Marketing run amok, making promises about technologies and capabilities without consulting IT. More and more of IT's time is spent dealing with petty BS problems from mostly Sales & Marketing who do not seem to want to do due diligence when there's a problem and just opens a support ticket when often the problem is that they did not follow their own internal process. Often, the business would want IT to define the process instead of the business defining the process and having IT automate it. If you are an IT worker, stay away from Safe-Guard! There's a reason that I stayed with them less than 6 months.

Pay attention, reign in Sales and Marketing, treat IT like people who have value to add to the business instead of resources and perhaps you could keep your best talent.

Solid Company on a Huge Growth Path

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promote from Within for many positions, Good location/Great campus, Growing Company, Young Executive Team, Good Benefits.

Cons

Some positions require a lot of overtime and stress, and some don't at all. Some mid-level positions are dead ends where an entry level is almost limitless to promotions. We are experiencing some growing pains right now but the Executive Team is aware and working on the issues and our new Director of HR is really getting things into shape.

Get out of the Executive bubble and find out what people are saying. Take a hard look at mid-level positions that have changed over the past year to see if the people still fit the role. Change the Org charts so that there are paths upward in ALL departments. We are loosing good people because they do not see a path forward.

A midsize company struggling to become a large company.

I have been working at Safe-Guard Products International full-time

Pros

The company is growing, and the executive team wants to triple sales within the next three years.

Cons

Management talks a lot about promoting from within. However, they only promote from within to a certain level regardless of education level.

The executive keep a close eye on the IT department and quit trying to off shore. How many managers do you need for 15 employees?

I had a great experience working for this company.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Safe-Guard Products International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment was amazing and clean.

Cons

Understanding from Management was not there.

Try to work with the employees and listen more.

Great company but needs help on the foundation.

Current Employee - Contracts Processor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Contracts Processor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

salary, hours, benefits, clean workplace, location

Cons

unprofessionalism, criticism openly, structure, process of disciplinary action. I was warned one day, and given a written warning next day. The work that contained errors was old from a month ago. However I find errors everyday from the batching dept but doubt anyone has been written up but I.

Business processing needs more focus on employee training, and supervison. We have an employee who became a trainer now a team lead who lacks professionalism. Employees can be a target here. Supervision from a professional qualified individual is needed. Fairness, and professionalism is missing in this dept

Worked for Safe-Guard Products International? Contribute to the Community!