Safe-Guard Products International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Douglas A. Duncan

Great Company

ProsGreat atmosphere. Great group of employees. Enjoy working the people at this company. Great location.

ConsDo not wish to disclose.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Awesome

ProsGreat company that promotes from within. Staff is friendly and very supportive.

ConsLocation is in a busy area and traffic sucks.

One of Best Kept Secrets in Atlanta - Lots of Growth and Opportunity!

Key Operations Associate (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you really excel at your job, then there is a good possibility that you will get promoted within 1 - 2 years - this company is GROWING! Management likes to move people across different departments and product lines, so you will be challenged, will learn new things and enjoy your career here much more than the average workplace. Great benefits that are very affordable for all levels of employees, plus a strong 401(k) match too. Easy shuttle ride from Dunwoody MARTA Station.

ConsChanges happen fast here because of recent growth, but if you are flexible, adaptable and open-minded, then you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour biggest challenge has been to manage the rapid growth and you are doing an overall admirable job. Keep meeting the challenges and continue to strive for excellence. Things are going very well now, but can you insulate the company from a cyclical economy?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst jobs I've ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI can't think of any no mater how hard I try.

ConsThe IT department is very top heavy -- too many Chiefs for the number of Indians. Too much of the work is being sent off-shore to a company that does not have the technical chops. Executive Management is clue-less and lets other departments, particularly Sales & Marketing run amok, making promises about technologies and capabilities without consulting IT. More and more of IT's time is spent dealing with petty BS problems from mostly Sales & Marketing who do not seem to want to do due diligence when there's a problem and just opens a support ticket when often the problem is that they did not follow their own internal process. Often, the business would want IT to define the process instead of the business defining the process and having IT automate it. If you are an IT worker, stay away from Safe-Guard! There's a reason that I stayed with them less than 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention, reign in Sales and Marketing, treat IT like people who have value to add to the business instead of resources and perhaps you could keep your best talent.

Solid Company on a Huge Growth Path

Atlanta, GA

ProsPromote from Within for many positions, Good location/Great campus, Growing Company, Young Executive Team, Good Benefits.

ConsSome positions require a lot of overtime and stress, and some don't at all. Some mid-level positions are dead ends where an entry level is almost limitless to promotions. We are experiencing some growing pains right now but the Executive Team is aware and working on the issues and our new Director of HR is really getting things into shape.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the Executive bubble and find out what people are saying. Take a hard look at mid-level positions that have changed over the past year to see if the people still fit the role. Change the Org charts so that there are paths upward in ALL departments. We are loosing good people because they do not see a path forward.

A midsize company struggling to become a large company.

ProsThe company is growing, and the executive team wants to triple sales within the next three years.

ConsManagement talks a lot about promoting from within. However, they only promote from within to a certain level regardless of education level.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executive keep a close eye on the IT department and quit trying to off shore. How many managers do you need for 15 employees?

I had a great experience working for this company.

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWork environment was amazing and clean.

ConsUnderstanding from Management was not there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to work with the employees and listen more.

Great company but needs help on the foundation.

Contracts Processor (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Prossalary, hours, benefits, clean workplace, location

Consunprofessionalism, criticism openly, structure, process of disciplinary action. I was warned one day, and given a written warning next day. The work that contained errors was old from a month ago. However I find errors everyday from the batching dept but doubt anyone has been written up but I.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness processing needs more focus on employee training, and supervison. We have an employee who became a trainer now a team lead who lacks professionalism. Employees can be a target here. Supervision from a professional qualified individual is needed. Fairness, and professionalism is missing in this dept

An excellent company that is professional, yet cares for it's employees

Atlanta, GA

Prosthrives in a down economy
    discusses issues with employees
    approaches with respect and professionalism
    innovative and relationship oriented with clients
    ethical

Consminor tweeking of communication which is typical within any international organization

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and provide new product to clients.

It is a very family-oriented workplace.

ProsFamily-oriented company that promotes from within.

ConsDoes not compensate for the work done or the extra work that is given to employees.

Worked for Safe-Guard Products International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Safe-Guard Products International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Safe-Guard Products International CEO Douglas A. Duncan. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Safe-Guard Products International employees.