Safeguard Properties Reviews

Reset
3.1
Safeguard Properties CEO Alan Jaffa
Alan Jaffa

Pros
  • Decent pay and you will meet some very good people (in 3 reviews)

• You get to meet a lot of different people, and you can set your own hours being a field inspector (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems blind to what middle management is doing (in 6 reviews)

• No Benefits, no respect and very low pay (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Rapidly growing, many opportunities for advancement, encourages fresh ideas that improve the organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley View, OH

I have been working at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my 4 years with Safeguard I have had the opportunity to watch the company grow exponentially. Through all of the growth the management team including Alan (CEO) has focused not only on satisfying the needs of our clients but also on ensuring the employees are working in a safe, fair, fun, and encouraging environment. Based on my own experience being successful at Safeguard depends on how much you care and are willing to put into your daily work. Employees that just want a job will not find satisfaction here. Below are some other pros: - Ideal work environment for individuals that are looking for a fast paced environment and embrace hard work - Client focused work ethic that fosters a get it done mentality - Advancement opportunities awarded to employees that demonstrate initiative and generate ideas that improve client experience and work processes - Flexible with scheduling when needed - Online learning system available to all that offers courses on everything from personal development to advanced Excel skills - Onsite work out facility with locker rooms, yoga classes offered during the work day, desk massages by licensed massage therapists , full service cafeteria with a great patio to enjoy in the summer - Encourages employees to support charities and provides volunteer opportunities - Many fun events during the work day throughout the year and an annual company party

Cons

Like any organization growth produces change and at times change can seem chaotic. Safeguard is not immune to that and at times employees feel uninformed or unsure of the direction. Individuals that recognize change is needed and can see the big picture will not have a problem navigating through the perceived chaos.

Advice to Management

Seek additional methods to recognize, encourage, and reward hardworking staff. Continue to keep lines of communication open from senior management down and ensure staff is clear on the main goal of the organization.

2. Great Place to work

Former Employee - Vendor Service Representative in Valley View, OH
    Former Employee - Vendor Service Representative in Valley View, OH

I worked at Safeguard Properties

Pros

There was always a team feel. It was a great working environment.

Cons

A lot of times you didn't have support of management.

Advice to Management

Please be around more.

Disappointment

I worked at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Management allowed some flexibility when it came to creating your work schedule. Casual dress code. Generous PTO

Cons

Micromanagement. Dismal communications between management and employees.

Advice to Management

More transparency with changes needed with employees. Severe distrust of anyone above a Team Lead. Favoritism within the departments must be addressed. Because this goes on, it breeds back-stabbing and undermines teamwork.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

I have been working at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Casual dress unless official visitors on site.

Cons

MANY staffers are temps kept on for prolonged periods without being hired, often treated as cogs- easily replaceable. Expensive benefit packages.

Advice to Management

Safeguard Employee Retention Policy: Pay barely enough to live on and work employees too hard to search for another job and they'll never leave (HA!)

Good entry level company but bad decision making and environment. Bad leadership

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst I in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst I in Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to move to different departments, new opportunities. Willing to work with you in starting a new position with little to no training.

Cons

Unrealistic production expectations. Bad leadership. Management needs to be more conscientious of how they treat the staff. Too much apathy for turnover.

7. Safeguard Properties

Current Employee - Quality Control Coordinator in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Control Coordinator in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safeguard offers great benefits including medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, plenty of PTO, as well as other incentives. Safeguard also offers opportunities for growth in your career. Safeguard also has available services for their employees such as Weight Watchers, on site massages, and on site fitness centers. The environment is friendly and upbeat.

Cons

At times, the communication between employees and different departments isn't the greatest. Policies are ever-changing. Everyone is not always on the same page with how to address certain situations.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to keep the lines of communication open and flowing. Processes are ever-changing and communication is a key to success.

8. Customer Service Representative

I worked at Safeguard Properties

Pros

They offer really good Benefits

Cons

Micro Management, mandatory overtime and dealing with people who dont like to take responsibility for their mistakes.

9. Employment at Safeguard Properties

I have been working at Safeguard Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working at Safeguard Properties because I am able to use my skills and past work experiences in my current position. I find it admirable and impressive that Safeguard has recognized and addressed its growing pains by establishing a culture code; initiating customer service and other soft-skills training, including how to be more respectful; and implementing targeted training for its leadership and supervisors. I appreciate the fact that Safeguard embraces the value of developing its employees beyond the typical training associated with their position. Safeguard also has various committees in place to increase employee engagement.

Cons

While this issue is not unique to Safeguard Properties, I find it disheartening that not everyone at the company appreciates the efforts, programs, and training the company has implemented to assist in employee development and engagement.

Advice to Management

Embrace the initiatives the company is attempting to implement, and make sure your buy-in cascades down to those employees within your span of control.

10. Client Care Representative

Former Employee - Client Account Representative in Streetsboro, OH
    Former Employee - Client Account Representative in Streetsboro, OH

I worked at Safeguard Properties (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok of course could of been better

Cons

Thought it was a stable company but when they lose a client they have layoffs.

Advice to Management

Get involved with your employees!! There was never any interaction with us unless it was to tell us something bad.

Lovely place, But may not be there long

Former Employee - BVS in Valley View, OH
    Former Employee - BVS in Valley View, OH

I worked at Safeguard Properties

Pros

Decent starting pay depending on knowledge of the industry. Very involved in the community PTO available soon after hired, immediate if salaried employee Flexible with you personal schedule

Cons

Layoffs are frequent. Downsize often. Severance package isn't the best. Raises are small

RSS Feed </> Embed