Safelite

www.safelite.com

Safelite Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Safelite – Columbus – “Safelite Building, parking lot”

Safelite CEO Thomas Feeney

Thomas Feeney

Pros
  • Great co-workers and the company is looking to expand it's business footprint(in 4 reviews)

• The pay is decent for someone without a college degree (starting at 12(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Now keep in mind i'm solely referring to the Call Center where I worked at over two years(in 6 reviews)

• some job coaches are very nit picky, easily fired over anything(in 6 reviews)

wow

TSR II (Telephone Sales Representative) (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Prosleniancy with work schedule/ off days

Conssending people home early because of slow work

Advice to Senior Managementfind more work for employees

It was a good learning experience

Customer Service (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsThe opportunity for growth is pretty good. The other associates become like a family

ConsPeoples attitudes went downhill after some leadership turnover. Promotion is not always offered to the best qualified person. Sometimes openings are not posted, they just give the job to the person one of the top Managers hand-picks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPost job openings so everyone can be considered, who wants to. Don't just put people into place that have less experience than the people who report to them.

The job is...Meh at best

ProsPaid training, get a vehicle to take home if you're full time with which you don't pay for gas or insurance or repairs, decent benefits, bonus pay program, most techs will help you out and direct supervisor (store manager) is pretty knowledgeable for the most part.

ConsWork flow is not steady. Some days, you are very busy and some days you hardly have anything to do or you get done with everything relatively quickly so it's hard to plan for things like doctors appointments during the week. They pay you as little as possible to do as much as possible. PPP is kind of a joke if you're a repair specialist. Technicians make 17.50 per repair while repair specialists make up to 3.00 a repair if they average 8 repairs or more a day. Hardly any gratitude from management, especially upper management. Upper management is absolutely clueless when it comes to this line of work. They all think that because they have business degrees, they can run any company. They make a lot of decisions that make no sense and waste money half of the time. There's also hardly any room for growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engaging

Corporate Support Function (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsSafelite is striving to be a company that engages its employees and motivates them to achieve top performance.
    Safelite is attune to the importance of customer service.
    Safelite is a place that encourages innovation.

ConsThe fast pace of growth can be challenging, yet fun.
    Sometimes the field doesn’t get to experience the culture the company is trying to create throughout the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on the current path and great things are ahead!

Safelite

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsThe position is very simple.

ConsThere is no longer an attainable bonus structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the bonus structure.

Store manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood people to work with. Lots of training if you want to put in the time.

ConsLong hours and it is what is expected of a store manager. Don't get real comfortable because it will change daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you plan on doing.

Worst big company to work for

Auto Glass Tech (Current Employee) Pico, CA

Pros401k
    Paid vacation
    Save on gas cause you get a co vehicle

ConsScheduling sucks. They give you a 2 week schedule in advance only to change it as they need it.
    Main office is run by idiots

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together soon or you'll keep loosing techs

I don't feel secure here.

Inbound Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsI like that they pay weekly. The majority of the people that work there are pretty cool. They offer decent incentives for picking up extra hours and donating to charity. Great if you are looking for something temporary and if you are very good at selling.

ConsThe glass you have to sell is very over priced and even if you do manage to hit your numbers the way the the system works makes it pretty difficult to get commission. There are a few good job coaches but the majority don't seem to be on the same page. You can ask the the same question to multiple job coaches and you will get completely different answers from each one. You don't really get any recognition for doing well. You can have some of the best numbers and no one will say a thing, yet the second you make an extremely minor mistake you will get in trouble and they will speak to you like a 3rd grader. There is no culture. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the commission system and start having quarterly job coach reviews.

Bizarre impediments to success and draconian rules that make no sense

Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThis sentence has a 20 word minimum so I am trying to fill it with as many words as I can think to write. There's not really anything positive I have to say about this company.

ConsWritten warnings if you are a MINUTE late, written warnings if you fail to meet your sales quotas, every time you give a price quote to a customer and they don't bring the vehicle in for service it counts against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the rule restricting transfers to other departments. I probably would have been an asset to the company in something other than sales because I have common sense but it's all water under the bridge now. My current employer pays me double for half the work and none of the idiocy.

Innovative, creative, and forth-coming company on the rise . . .

IT Technician (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsDynamic work-place that welcomes creativity, input, positive criticism, and suggestions. There is always opportunity for advancement if you work for it . . . it's not just given because it's available. The company presents a very professional, forthright, and honest working environment.

ConsI have not experienced anything as of yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Worked for Safelite? Contribute to the Community!