Safety Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Schrady

Production Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement Skills, Learned Manufacturing Process

ConsSmall- Business
    Lack of Growth with in the company

Shady Management and no employee appreciation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThey have an Avanti market. That's about it.

ConsBeing overworked with no clear leadership. Employees are literally hired upon their release from prison (some work for the company while still detained). While this doesn't necessarily speak of the character of the individual, the attitude of most (including management) is reminiscent of the prison yard. Rap music played at deafening levels all day long throughout the call center. Employees are pushed until they are completely drained of all potential, then tossed out like used rags. Pay is extremely low for non-sales positions, but pressure to perform above-pay-grade duties is rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrap it all and start over. Treat your employees like people and not workhorses.

What happened

Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsSafety Service Company provided skills such as, Customer Service Training, Marketing Skills that will allow me to be more effective on my next job.

ConsDuring the course of training I was instructed how to provide better Customer Service when using the knowledge it resulted in a layoff when other employees who never used the skills jobs were saved. This is a very scary method where it place you in a position do you take the skills and apply or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was a lot of room to advance within the company however, I never had the opportunity to excel.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away

Sales (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsI have nothing positive to say about this company.

ConsMisleading job interviews, false income potential. High employee theft management could not be trusted. Employees were quitting faster than they could hire replacements.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo sell used cars!

Great company with poor application of company's values.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love the history of how this company started and I truly believe the original owner desired to do his best by the employees.

ConsSince the company was purchased, they are now expecting new hires to meet unreasonable sales goals. If they don't meet them, they are quickly terminated.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise sales goals and listen to your employees.

Good first call center job... for the first month

Sales (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe pay is good if your looking for your first call center job. Meet good friends.

ConsI don't like how some of the sales employees charge the customers way more then the price of the product sales for just to get commission. The sales quotas are too high for making outbound calls. You call the same 100 people over and over again for a month straight after they have already told you no.

Boiler-room style cold-calling.

Sales (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsMost of the managers and employees feel they are doing some good by selling safety products. It is quite easy to get a job here.

ConsManagement treats employees like cattle, the turnover rate is worse than I have ever seen at a company. You better be ready to sit down, shut up, and sell all day, every day. There is very little room for advancement, and if you don't like it, there are hundreds of other employees making minimum wage to take your place.

They also have several policies that make little to no sense. For example cell-phones are not allowed in the building. This is a problem for me as my son is in day-care for 4 hours a day and they need to be able to get a hold of me. When I asked if I could keep my cellphone for this reason I was told "No" and that I could give them the front-desk phone number. The problem is that the front desk is only attended 50% of the time. The most infuriating thing about this is that this policy doesn't even work. Everyone uses their phones under the desk and in the bathroom, so it doesn't even accomplish anything except to make my life difficult.

Another example of terrible policy is that you are required to wear shirt/tie/slacks/dress shoes every day. Why a telemarketing company requires this is beyond me. I have been told by others that the purpose of this policy is to make people "act professional", and that somehow wearing a tie helps this. I imagine this is true for a small percentage of poor employees with no self-control or ambition, but to the vast majority of us, it's just an annoyance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need to feel like there is a career path. When I interviewed here I was told there would be many opportunities for advancement, yet I see more and more outside hires every day. You should implement a formal career path and encourage people to move along with it. Please evaluate the cellphone, dress, compensation, and training policies, i'm sure you'll find that most are currently unhappy and desire change.

Better than I anticipated

Sales Manager Offsite Location (Current Employee) Buckeye, AZ

ProsThe interview process was very honest and straight forward. The staff is VERY kind, professional and honest, ESPECIALLY the upper management. I truly believe they WANT you to succeed, it is best for employee as well as employer. The salaries are very modest, but in todays world, I think we should all be grateful there are still enthusiastic employers out there. And these truly are.

ConsWork hours!!! 6 A.M. EARLY, but worth it in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, keep it up. They endeavor to be thoughtful of their employees while doing the best they can to improve the bottom line. This company does NOT see a conflict in that. Neither do I.

Misrepresented

Business Development Associate (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsA growing company in need of qualified people

ConsStrigent training regime with minimal pay for the first ninety days...

Answered an ad for a Business Development Associate - Oil, Gas and Energy Division from Craigslist.

This position as posted on Craigslist detailed the compensation as: a base salary, health insurance, paid leave and commission.

The interview process was quick and because Safety Services (aka: "Safety Sam") is in a growth phase I was given an offer letter the same day of the interview.

The offer letter stated a 90 day probation period with an hourly rate significantly below the stated/advertised salary. After the 90 day period (providing you met their strigent guidelines which appears to differ with each employee) you then become salaried.

The first day of work is where you as a new hire learn of additional dis-incentives.
    -Health benefits promissed do not start until 180 days (the first 90 days is your trial period which do not count towards the start of health benefits, only after the next 90 days do the health benefits go into effect).
    -The workdays starts at 6:00AM Sharp (stressed repeatedly) with a long sleve shirt and tie for men and no sleveless dresses for women, mandatory always.
    -There are no casual Fridays.

The overall impression is that you will be burned out (used for the first 90 days) in the hope of achieving the advertised position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAbide to your stated salary and benefits as originally advertised; not contigent to a non-disclosed ninety day probationary period.

Worked for Safety Services? Contribute to the Community!