Safety Services

2.2

Peter Schrady

Production Assistant

I worked at Safety Services

Pros

Management Skills, Learned Manufacturing Process

Cons

Small- Business
    Lack of Growth with in the company

Very disappointing, totally unqualified people in management positions

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company has clearly captured a niche market with a superb product, and very good implementation process. Processes inplace have potential to rocket the company to the next level, good hourly salary, and compensation plan is completely workable.

Cons

First line management is horrible at best, with obviously no true sales experience. (Christmas elevator music on the sales floor? Are you kiddin' me?) Boiler room mentality ruining what could easily be a $100K position. No breaks during work hours, but give hour lunch. Thirty minute lunch with two 15minute breaks would give better results. Benefits are laughable, but they're at least trying. Someone please save this company from itself.

Step back and take a deep breath. Your growth is slowing because your first line team has no experience in delivering your product. Forcing 125-150 calls daily is not sales, especially in a maturing market. Boiler Room was a great movie, but is an aweful sales strategy.

Shady Management and no employee appreciation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have an Avanti market. That's about it.

Cons

Being overworked with no clear leadership. Employees are literally hired upon their release from prison (some work for the company while still detained). While this doesn't necessarily speak of the character of the individual, the attitude of most (including management) is reminiscent of the prison yard. Rap music played at deafening levels all day long throughout the call center. Employees are pushed until they are completely drained of all potential, then tossed out like used rags. Pay is extremely low for non-sales positions, but pressure to perform above-pay-grade duties is rampant.

Scrap it all and start over. Treat your employees like people and not workhorses.

What happened

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time

Pros

Safety Service Company provided skills such as, Customer Service Training, Marketing Skills that will allow me to be more effective on my next job.

Cons

During the course of training I was instructed how to provide better Customer Service when using the knowledge it resulted in a layoff when other employees who never used the skills jobs were saved. This is a very scary method where it place you in a position do you take the skills and apply or not.

There was a lot of room to advance within the company however, I never had the opportunity to excel.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

Misleading job interviews, false income potential. High employee theft management could not be trusted. Employees were quitting faster than they could hire replacements.

Go sell used cars!

Great company with poor application of company's values.

I worked at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the history of how this company started and I truly believe the original owner desired to do his best by the employees.

Cons

Since the company was purchased, they are now expecting new hires to meet unreasonable sales goals. If they don't meet them, they are quickly terminated.

Revise sales goals and listen to your employees.

Good first call center job... for the first month

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good if your looking for your first call center job. Meet good friends.

Cons

I don't like how some of the sales employees charge the customers way more then the price of the product sales for just to get commission. The sales quotas are too high for making outbound calls. You call the same 100 people over and over again for a month straight after they have already told you no.

Boiler-room style cold-calling.

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the managers and employees feel they are doing some good by selling safety products. It is quite easy to get a job here.

Cons

Management treats employees like cattle, the turnover rate is worse than I have ever seen at a company. You better be ready to sit down, shut up, and sell all day, every day. There is very little room for advancement, and if you don't like it, there are hundreds of other employees making minimum wage to take your place.

They also have several policies that make little to no sense. For example cell-phones are not allowed in the building. This is a problem for me as my son is in day-care for 4 hours a day and they need to be able to get a hold of me. When I asked if I could keep my cellphone for this reason I was told "No" and that I could give them the front-desk phone number. The problem is that the front desk is only attended 50% of the time. The most infuriating thing about this is that this policy doesn't even work. Everyone uses their phones under the desk and in the bathroom, so it doesn't even accomplish anything except to make my life difficult.

Another example of terrible policy is that you are required to wear shirt/tie/slacks/dress shoes every day. Why a telemarketing company requires this is beyond me. I have been told by others that the purpose of this policy is to make people "act professional", and that somehow wearing a tie helps this. I imagine this is true for a small percentage of poor employees with no self-control or ambition, but to the vast majority of us, it's just an annoyance.

People need to feel like there is a career path. When I interviewed here I was told there would be many opportunities for advancement, yet I see more and more outside hires every day. You should implement a formal career path and encourage people to move along with it. Please evaluate the cellphone, dress, compensation, and training policies, i'm sure you'll find that most are currently unhappy and desire change.

Better than I anticipated

Current Employee - Sales Manager Offsite Location in Buckeye, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Offsite Location in Buckeye, AZ

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was very honest and straight forward. The staff is VERY kind, professional and honest, ESPECIALLY the upper management. I truly believe they WANT you to succeed, it is best for employee as well as employer. The salaries are very modest, but in todays world, I think we should all be grateful there are still enthusiastic employers out there. And these truly are.

Cons

Work hours!!! 6 A.M. EARLY, but worth it in my opinion.

Great job, keep it up. They endeavor to be thoughtful of their employees while doing the best they can to improve the bottom line. This company does NOT see a conflict in that. Neither do I.

Misrepresented

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A growing company in need of qualified people

Cons

Strigent training regime with minimal pay for the first ninety days...

Answered an ad for a Business Development Associate - Oil, Gas and Energy Division from Craigslist.

This position as posted on Craigslist detailed the compensation as: a base salary, health insurance, paid leave and commission.

The interview process was quick and because Safety Services (aka: "Safety Sam") is in a growth phase I was given an offer letter the same day of the interview.

The offer letter stated a 90 day probation period with an hourly rate significantly below the stated/advertised salary. After the 90 day period (providing you met their strigent guidelines which appears to differ with each employee) you then become salaried.

The first day of work is where you as a new hire learn of additional dis-incentives.
    -Health benefits promissed do not start until 180 days (the first 90 days is your trial period which do not count towards the start of health benefits, only after the next 90 days do the health benefits go into effect).
    -The workdays starts at 6:00AM Sharp (stressed repeatedly) with a long sleve shirt and tie for men and no sleveless dresses for women, mandatory always.
    -There are no casual Fridays.

The overall impression is that you will be burned out (used for the first 90 days) in the hope of achieving the advertised position.

Abide to your stated salary and benefits as originally advertised; not contigent to a non-disclosed ninety day probationary period.