Sage Environmental Consulting

Updated November 14, 2014
Updated November 14, 2014
3.3

Steve Probst

Great place to work, friendly people, fun atmosphere!

I have been working at Sage Environmental Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was an intern prior to coming on with the company full time. This company is great in helping develop the career you want. Pros would be the ability to choose what you want as your career and having the freedom to seek opportunities that help get you there. Not only can you make your own way but the company really values mentor-ship and the number of people who personally care about your success is really a great thing. You are not a number here and you never will be.

Cons

Depending on the city you might have a bit of traffic to deal with if you are living near the city center. However most industry is not usually inner city anyways.

Work hard, Play hard

Current Employee - Project Technical
    Current Employee - Project Technical

I have been working at Sage Environmental Consulting full-time

Pros

The people are extremely welcoming. I am relatively new to my career and work side by side with subject matter experts every day. It is very rewarding to be part of a team that has helped shape an industry. Other than the literal HR benefits that are available, other benefits like socialization and whatnot are a huge part of the culture. Everyone is very laid back and likes to have a good time. My coworkers are most definitely my friends. Creative likes to call us a Sage family.

Cons

You get out what you put in. The time commitment is high. You are expected to work 50 hour weeks. If you are not willing to put forth the effort, you won't excel. If you are a go-getter and are aware of the awards that stem from hard work then you will do really well.

Management has been working hard to listen to its employees. I think everyone has been working on communication and it shows.

Sage Environmental Consulting provides a distinct work-hard - play-hard environment that makes it quite unique.

I have been working at Sage Environmental Consulting

Pros

Sage has a wonderful 401K program....probably one of the best around. Also, Sage is flexible in allowing their employees to have an entrepreneurial spirit by going after things that interest them. It's a perfect environment for the self-motivated individual!

Cons

At times, not enough supervision (especially for an intern).

Innovative, Fast-paced, Entrepreneurial Company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

This was my first job out of college and has been an amazing experience. There is a lot of hard work and long hours put in here, but is very rewarding. To succeed, you have to have a passion about what you do, so I think those that have failed here didn't have the right attitude and passion to hang with the rest.

Very smart and motivated people. Laid-back, yet professional workplace. Ability to grow within the company at a fast rate. Visionary CEO. "Work hard, Play hard" values. Culture focused on Fun, Friends and Fulfillment. Entrepreneurial spirit. Movers & shakers!

Cons

No complaints. Sure there are long hours and high expectations as mentioned in some of the negative reviews, but if you are passionate you put in the hard work and set high expectations for yourself.

Keep on keepin' on!

Expect to be treated like a robot. No breaks, long hours.

Former Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX

I worked at Sage Environmental Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are the only positive statement I can make about this company, and perhaps some of the co-workers being friendly.

Cons

Expect to work with no breaks. Barely time to use the restroom in a 9 hour + day! Person that was supposed to be my supervisor had a very "superior" attitude. My workspace was in a hallway outside his office with lots of back and forth traffic. By far the worst work environment/"supervisor" I have had in over 25 years of work!

Hire managers that are capable of handling their job in a personable, mature manner.

Expect to work till you drop, then get nothing in return!

I worked at Sage Environmental Consulting as an intern

Pros

Fast paced, innovative culture, awesome people

Cons

Excessive hours is a requirement

I learned A LOT about event planning from my supervisor, she's a pro.

I worked at Sage Environmental Consulting part-time

Pros

Casual and friendly employees, free on site pantry, free swag, and free lunches on mondays! Plus learning from the marketing team was a great experience and I learned something from all of them! And duh, it's a PAID internship!

Cons

There were days that I wasn't give much work to do.

Keep up the good work!

Engineers doing work.

I have been working at Sage Environmental Consulting

Pros

Talented and hard-working group, with a lot of leading experts in the fold. And everyone is helpful and accessible. It's a good team to be a part of.

Cons

A lot of the work seems unnecessarily tedious. This is more a function of EPA's regulatory framework, though, not a Sage problem.

Management is doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

Sage Environmental Consulting Photos