Sage Group

Add Photos

Sage Group CEO Guy Berruyer

Guy Berruyer

Good entry level experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWelcomes just graduated talents for many positions
    Dynamic environment and challenges
    Great work and life balance

ConsPoor micro-management in some divisions
    Career opportunities are not so frequent, taking its toll on some employees work relationships

Great place to work

Director (Current Employee) North Chicago, IL

ProsTeam environment, fun work, great clients

ConsLong hours and tight deadlines

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more

Sage Healthcare is trying to do the rights things but does not know how

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCo-workers are really nice, capable people. Products are good. Customers really need the types of products and services Sage Health provides.

ConsLeadership cannot execute and do not have a strategy that aims towards 'winning'. Current management is coasting on previous successes. Employees lack incentives to excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementSage Healthcare needs executives who know their products and are accountable for their results

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Watch out world, here comes Sage!

Business Lead (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsOpportunities to grow if you are willing to put the time and effort into the work that you do.

ConsIn my area there are not enough people to do the work thoroughly and on time. Burnout and work life balance is a common problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is fairly new to the company and so far has made great strides in undoing all the wrong decisions that earlier management made. I have full confidence that they will lead us in turning into the company we want to be, the company that we should and can be. I know that it will take time and look forward to the changes to come.

If you're into business Software, Sage might be the place for you.

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFull-time employees start with 3-weeks paid vacation and full benefits from the first day of hire, plus 401k matching at 50%. The company as a whole wants to grow employees and structures personal growth plans around goals of employee. It's the largest of the small-to midsize business ERP software provider in the world.

ConsIt's software--so a lot of the programs have issues, it is frustrating to know you work in a place which has poor QA. The job overall is quite boring and full of meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of getting employees excited or even happy to work there--better communication and moral boosting.

Too many acquistions, too quickly

Product analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsInteresting products to support, people to work with. The co is full of very smart people that worked with the various SW products that Sage bought. Once Sage bought though, top people were cut, product quality dropped and the fun stopped.

ConsLack of direction, too many acquisitions. The co has too many similar products and lots of confusion re: the main product for each georgraphic market. Money and time should be spent getting their act together.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsolidate

Sage, by Webster's definition, is a misnomer when applied to the Healthcare Division

Worn Many Hats, With Style (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIn the Healthcare Division, if you personally network and reach out, the possibility exists to learn more over time. Otherwise your day can feel like a numbers game and I don't mean the kind in your paycheck.

ConsStretched way beyond capacity not only your position but continued company realignments & restructuring lead to delays in personal & business communications/actions. Be prepared to pave your own way on a career path outside of the company as promotions & individual recognition is extremely limited, outside of Sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management is just that...."Senior". Out of touch, persistent circulation of the same managers - just title changes. No movement of ideas generated by client-interfaced employees.

Great people, nice job but feels unstable

Developer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsNIce group of people, good product

ConsOverloaded organization, needs to be streamlined and cleaned up. There seems to be a lot of people that forgot how to think a bit openly, and this gets in the way of getting things done efficiently. Also, many positions now seem to be unnecessary and are perhaps leftovers from previous hiring crazes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink proactively and progressively. Stop making expensive changes for small customers with connections and think more efficiently for the good of the customer base and the overall product.

This is a review title

Tester (Current Employee) Newcastle, England (UK)

ProsThe grass isn't always greener when you leave

ConsHowever sometimes things can be better, honest

Lot of politics, poor quality of poor no career progression

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

ProsGood failities
    Perks
    Good bunch of people

ConsManagement have no clue what they are doing. Different departments have very different cultures and no room for progression apart from applying for new jobs within the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove progression path for employees
    Treat your employees well not like just another developer, we can hire in the market

Worked for Sage Group? Contribute to the Community!