Sage Hospitality Reviews

1. Poor pay practices

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

The starting wage for most hourly employees seems fair for this sity

Cons

There is no fairness for managers, it is just whatever you can negotiate. If they like you you can get a raise. It isnt about how hard you work, how long you have been there or even the results you produce. I asked to see the management salary plan and was told there isn't one. This is messed up. Also, bonus sounds good but if the goals are unrealistic and you cannot earn it then don't even offer one. The vacation plan for executives sounds great but you can never get time off and if you leave the company you don't get anything.

Make compensation equitable and fair. Don't treat people differently. Pay fairly

2. Terrible management team

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orlando, FL

I worked at Sage Hospitality part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training they give you at the resorts is great. Having to pay for licensing is tough though. The rooms help keep the value at a low standard

Cons

Inconsistency when it comes to scheduling. The management would put schedules out as late as morning of the day the new schedule would begin. When originally said they would post at least 1-2 weeks before hand

A good way to keep staffing is to listen about the schedules and the possibility of changing the policies and how things work

3. Good

Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of rooms for advancement, Education assitance,Healthcare benefits,flexible schedule

Cons

pay is little low, annual incentives is too small,

5. Great Company with Open Ideas

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company believes in supporting the local community along with the individual.

Cons

possibly getting "too big, too fast" and making unfavorable movement with senior management.

6. Poor compensation compared to market, Technical management lacks leadership and team building ability

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Company works in a "fun" vertical, they have good team building events, and most of the people there are nice and genuinely care

Cons

Leadership, especially in the technical areas, is very weak. Not good communicators, lack skills necessary to properly manage employees and build a team, and has very shallow technical acumen, resulting in poor decision making and heavy reliance on external consultants. Poorly run organization overall. Lastly, tech management did not understand how to successfully build nor operate a technical infrastructure, resulting in the business not funding infrastructure, which caused massive instability and a company relying on 10 year old technology to provide services to its user base.

Sadly lacking in professional corporate management

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Range of properties provide opportunities for individuals growing their career and willing to relocate.

Cons

Inconsistent communication between corporate personnel and property management. A much higher degree of politically based promotion than I've experienced with any other corporation I have been involved with. this, unfortunately, results in people who are not qualified being in key decision making positions incorporating the 'cya'
    modis operandi.

Make the commitment to hire and promote managerial personnel, both property and corporate level, based on objective criteria, knowledge and skill, as opposed to personal relationships. Commit to clear, honest, straight forward communication. Then breathe both in and throughout the organization.

Do not trust this company!

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like my property and GM. We are one of the best hotels in this town but our management company is terrible. They forced a HORRIBLE sales person on us who cannot do her job. It is more like a favor to someone to give her a job.

Cons

The corporate and middle management never tell you the truth about what is going on. They will lie about your benefits when your property transitions over to Sage. If your hotel or restaurant is going to Sage, QUIT NOW!!!

Pay attention to things at the LOCAL level, not a broad spectrum business plan.

9. Great

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company really has it together, from there revenue management systems to their benefits they really understand the industry. Benefits, salary, and systems are great.

Cons

I didn't have any challenges, unfortunately the hotel they were managing was sold with a new management. I wouldn't have left the company unless it was sold.

None, I loved this company.

Great culture, good leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sage's culture is defined and driven by a set of well-communicated values but mostly by Walter Isenberg, the CEO. Walter is legendary for being a good human being, for caring about people and for understanding that talent is everything in a service business. He has hired other leaders who understand this. They apply best practices when it comes to talent management and it shows.

Cons

Sage's challenge is to invest in the necessary infrastructure - technology and operations and staffing - to support their growth and ensure the effectiveness of their people. Ensuring that all properties managed by them are run with the same values, the same employee experience and with the same quality of operational execution is also a big challenge, just like all hotel and restaurant management companies.

See "Cons" section above.

11. overworked under paid

Former Employee - Engineering in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Engineering in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great hotel to hotel benefits for employees friends and family which include air travel and food across the nation for those that can afford it!

Cons

all workers should share the same work load, day workers have too easy!!and complimentary shows and tickets should be handed out fair and not just to the front desk personell

follow the mission statement and advise, re-train managers to be on much happier and professional state of mind behind closed doors!