Sage North America

Sage North America Reviews in Irvine, CA

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon

Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Sage offer a good benefits package and competitive, sometimes above market salaries(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • indifferent management, changes in upper management recently have led to employee dissatisfaction overall(in 9 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying(in 7 reviews)

33 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Look somewhere else if you can. It is not as

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Decent benefits and great PTO
    - Promising product strategy and portfolio (i.e. mobile products)
    - CEO has done a nice job so far turning it around and has hired a good team (executives).
    - Flexibility to work remote (although some people take advantage of it)

Cons- Salaries below market (not as competitive)
    - Need to be good at kissing behinds. Title happy (Some VP's/directors/sr. directors/ sr. managers) lack the necessary knowledge and skills to be in their positions but with big egos
    - Too many "lifers" who are worried about protecting their jobs and not focus on what's good for the company,so leave your ideas and opinions to yourself
    - No room for growth

Not an unfriendly person in the building!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsSage offers a friendly team environment with positive interaction between departments. Employees treat each other with courtesy; offering to assist each other whenever possible. The executive assistants are always willing to share their knowledge and expertise, and the executives are approachable and welcoming. In addition to that, the benefits package is very good.

ConsThe chain of command is sometimes difficult to negotiate. Because of the company's size and many locations, it takes some time to learn the heirarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share with employees the company values, vision, and expectations. Increased communication regarding changes would be welcome.

Awesome company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Tremedous amount of support
    - Schedule flexibility for time-off requests
    - Great pay and great benefits
    - New open work space

ConsBeing with Sage for almost 2 years, it was a struggle trying to move up within the company, making it difficult to be happy with my position. I previously dealt with poor management and very little communication about what is working and not working for me.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Sage NA--a great place to woirk

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros1) I was concerned with career progression, I’ve since been re-aligned and I have a future here. 2) Very flexible work hours with opportunity to work from home. 3) Great team atmosphere.

Cons1) I’m seeing both hiring and turnover 2) Things can move pretty quickly, so you have to be able to keep up, but the upside is that you never get bored! (not really a CON)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Fun atmosphere & community

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe culture that has been created within the company is what makes this company hard to leave. If you're open to it you can create some great friendships with the people here. The benefits are pretty good as a whole; 401k, medical, PTO time, etc.

ConsInternal processes often get in the way of speedy resolutions. Additionally our internal systems are fairly slow and a lot of manual processes are put into place to get around it.
    There are not too many opportunities that come up for career growth, which is unfortunate. There is a lot oftalent in many departments, but it is not always utilized. On the opposite side of the spectrum, there are also areas that could use some "house cleaning" so-to-speak.

Good place to work, slowly moving

Senion Software Architect (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Friendly people
    - Nice office
    - Work/Life balance

Cons- Vision not translated down
    - Issues with people having authority when they shouldn't
    - Slow moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to modernize, then you can't do that while keeping current technical leadership. Some are good, some are bad.

They think everyone else is stupid

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLook at the spate of good reviews and then look at the dates. These are all bogus reviews

ConsThe company is a train wreck. The people in charge have been singularly responsible for taking the market leading companies that Sage acquired and driving every single one of them into the ground. Yet they are still running the show. They have the survival skills of cockroaches. But the fact is when you have losers running the place nobody competent can survive. Suck up and shut up if you want to thrive.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave and let a new team come in and try to save the company.

Company must have put out a memo to up their review stars quotient.

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIt's a paycheck that doesn't bounce and the benefits are marginally good.

ConsThe spate of so many "good" reviews must mean the company is trying to up their statistics. Not an unheard tactic that they would do. They are trying to improve their image but it is all window dressing. Like the pretty pictures. But warning to all, lift back the curtain, read all the reviews and consider that only half the community approves of the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like an expendable commodity that cuts into your bottom line. Spend less money on decorating (It's all superficial anyway) and more money on your employees. Disengaged workers got that way because of the disengaged management and the resulting toxic corporate culture that management creates. Oh, and following California Labor Laws is not optional it is a requirement of doing business. So stop letting the managers make up their own rules and follow the legal ones. It's the law.

Great if you like solving problems and like change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLarger organization, stable, good benefits. Complex matrix environment makes problem solving fun and interesting. Company is going through a lot of change that is for the better, but sometimes change is hard for some people.

ConsCompany structure and rewards do not allow for differentiating top performers. Not a lot of vertical growth for the younger generation. Risk adverse, so they don't take chances and give up & comers opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally know and assess your people. Status quo of talent will kill any attempt to build a culture of innovation.

Long Time Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosgood insurance coverage, good outdoor facilities, good location, excellent employees other than upper management, latest technology.

Consindifferent management, changes in upper management recently have led to employee dissatisfaction overall

Advice to Senior Managementresume getting feedback from employees without retaliation

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!