Sage North America

Updated October 10, 2014
2.9

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 12 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was a contract worker.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great company that is stable with good pay and benefits for full time employees, so I heard. They offer permanent positions to successful sales reps.

Cons

Management shows favoritism and you may feel that they require more than they are willing to give.

An Highly Uneducated HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can't find one good reason to refer anyone in HR to work for this company other than to say, there is plenty of opportunity to come and clean up this mess.

Cons

Can you say enrolled employee in 401 (k) non-citizen for months? Benefits does not like to be bothered but they also have no understanding of common HR laws. High paid managers with don't bother me attitudes. The total and complete rejection of implementing or using common HR best practices. Highly disappointing atmosphere of no accountability and each one blame the other.

I know flying at 100k feet is nice, it would be nicer if your middle management was the wind beneath your wings, they are not. Fly a little lower and correct the center before the infrastructure collapses. You cannot promote generalists into HRBP/HR Manager roles without making sure they are capable of handling the work load as well as have the emotional and mental capacity. 40% of the HR managers in -place are failing t o the following:

Horrible on-boarding practices
    No accountability
    No pride in the work place/sloppy work
    Not up to date on laws (federal)
    Too scared to say it and staying because noone wants to look for work in this economy (not the best reason to stay)

Sage North America Response

Oct 14, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed you feel this way but certainly would invite you to reach out and provide additional specifics so that we may review your experience. Please contact Michelle Mulcare at ... More

Always reacting to change.

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great lower level management and work life balance.

Cons

Sage makes changes without forecasting issues that may arise. We are always reacting to the whims of management which results in poor customer experience. Your position & comp structure can change without you knowing just to come into work with a new title and role. there is 0 collaboration between upper management and employees.

Create a Process Management position to help connect the many silos between products. Notify employees of changes before they are made.

Decent company, little room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are lots of very creative, intelligent, friendly people at Sage. They have talented teams in a number of areas. Good benefits. Employees, for the most part, are well-invested in the company and customers.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected from employees. They hold quarterly meetings to keep employees informed, but it's an empty gesture, more lip service than real action. HR is a major offender. I've been there for 10 years, and there seems to be a big movement to recruit new employees, but they don't really care about keeping the talent they have. HR makes no bones about this. The annual review process is a complete joke. They work hard to get new people, but once you're there, they have very little interest in keeping you. So, maybe that's a pro if you're looking to work there, but not if you want to stay. Also, very little career pathing- not much room to grow. I like working with Sage customers, but can't grow here, and am out at my earliest opportunity.

Lead Generation Specialist at Sage

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sage allowed you to do your job with little supervision. While this might not be the best for all employees, it worked for me as someone who was self-motivated. Lots of PTO.

Cons

Management was highly unorganized. Did not allows provide the tools necessary to do your job effectively. It got to the point where customers were being harrassed just to hit call volume.

Please follow through with promises to fix any issues.

Account manager

Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pro. I have to write 20 words so here you go. Do not work for this company!

Cons

The worst company ever! Do not work for them! If you need to just get a paycheck work for them and move on. I wouldn't recommend a dog to work there. SMH

Fire the entire management team. This whole team is the worst I have encountered in all my years!

Slow- Paced environment

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. The company does recognize outstanding work

Cons

Business model needs improvement. Product needs more innovation and options. Also average compensation for salaries. Company does not meet fair market value for positions.

Leadership should adhere to company values and communicate more effectively with teams.

Great company with excellent work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment that values employees and encourages individual contributions at all levels.
    There is an overall confidence and belief in the company's vision and product offerings that generates a positive atmosphere.

I like that you don't have to wait a long time for benefits to kick in and the 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year shows a serious commitment to work-life balance.

In regards to Communication, I give very high marks as well. Frequent "All In" Meetings and Sage Central are a couple of examples of how well the Organization communicates, from Pascal and the ELT all the way down to local news items and bulletins.

Cons

Not much to vent about really.
    I think as the labor market in certain areas (specifically in the Technical space) continues to tighten, Sage needs to try to stay more competitive in salaries - both when trying to get top talent in the door as well as when trying to keep top performers from leaving

Great culture, fun, fast paced environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has grown a lot of the years but it still has a small company feel. You can make a real difference here.

Cons

Need to support more work life balance

Good Company, Great People

Former Employee - Product Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun company to work for, trying to do great things in the accounting software space.
    Great relaxed and collaborative office environment. There are some very smart people in the company, if you take the time to seek them out. Learned something new every day, and had the opportunity to be involved in exciting new projects. Huge variety of work that means you'll never get bored.
    Great benefits offered to all permanent employees.

Cons

Workload can be overwhelming at times based on numerous responsibilities and concurrent deadlines. Available resources varied dramatically by department / division. There's a strong desire to succeed at new initiatives but sometimes the company gets in it's own way and places barriers in the way to moving the needle. The red tape continues to increase and potentially strangle innovation. Strong focus on short-term rather than a long term win. Danger of becoming R&D led rather than market / Product Management focused.

"Confront the brutal facts" and listen to the market / customer needs. Create the strategy and then commit to execute against it with confidence and resources.

Sage North America Photos