Sage North America

Updated February 24, 2015
2.9

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 12 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company Constantly Changing

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is a huge plus especially with kids that are active in school and sports. My department is always trying to make ourselves better by learning new technology and revising our processes. I have a great Director that cares and also challenges us.

Cons

Executive leadership seems to be too disconnected. There is a lot of bullying when it comes to new projects and people want to do something within a week but don't understand all of the backend work that goes into setting things up properly.

VP's, Directors and even some managers need to be more engaged with their teams. Skp level meetings would help root out the problem areas and let upper management know what is really going on. I'm lucky to be on a team that has great leadership but I hear horror stories from other departments.

Sage North America Response

Feb 24, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed you feel there is bullying but certainly would invite you to reach out and provide additional specifics so that we may review your experience. Please contact Michelle Mulcare at ... More

Sage

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sage is very entrepreneurial and customer-focused; very diverse in thought

Cons

Sage does not think global nor do they see the need for leverage; they have a very antiquated infrastructure (not totally technology focused); if you wish to move with the times and excel, there are certain areas at Sage which would not be the place for you,

I believe that it is unimportant that the inner workings are broken, as long as the customer is happy. In my opinion that does not make for a totally successful company.

Good benefits with terrible management and vision....this company is going no where

Former Employee - Director in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were great (low cost health insurance, 401k, short term disability). Also....many people were allowed to work remotely and provided flexible work hours.

Cons

Sage NA is a huge company and each division is ran differently. My experiences at one division is most likely different then the experiences at another. At my division......there was a HUGE disconnect between employees and management. Goals and forecasting was a top down approach and often times, you would start the year without even seeing your yearly quota. Management never engaged employees or customers or input. There was also huge turn over in upper management and their replacements weren't much better. Employee engagement and morale is extremely low. Very few employees care about the company and frequently maintain the status quo. The company/division overall lacks innovation and vision to become a first rate company. Last, the company cares very little about the community or environment, wasting thousands of pages of paper without recycling.

Strive for innovation rather then maintaining the status quo. Connect with employees and focus on internal moral. Hire smart, eager employees. Care about the environment!

Good company in general, great team to work with.

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very fast paced, always innovating and investing in technology. The IS department has the best people you'll want to work with.

Cons

Management is detached from the employees. C level execs in North America have a bullying attitude at times and manage/lead by intimidation. Sage as a global enterprise is a HUGE mess with just about everything being separate, specially management, between operating companies in different countries which makes it impossible to implement enterprise projects, with the exception of C-execs pet projects.

Treat your employees with respect - create a single, global operations group.

Changes

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst II in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, benefits are pretty decent if you're a single person

Cons

Company restructure has caused a huge mess to my day to day job. Don't feel like anyone actually talked to the employees while creating new structure. Also, it seems to be more of a "hit your numbers" job now instead of customer satisfaction.

Many of us have managers who are not even the same state, let alone the same office as us.

Needless to say, that causes headaches.

Additional training, more detailed career paths/advancement. I know people who are pretty much at the same level than where they was when I started with the company 7 years ago despite their best efforts.

It seems very much so that you will need to go above and beyond your job duties (and probably beyond that) to be promoted.

Senior Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The thing I liked best about working at Sage was the focus they place on the customer. The people are fantastic to work with. In my 10 years working there I loved what I was doing and who I was doing it with. I was sad to leave.

Cons

Lots of re-orgs, layoffs and management changes made it stressful and difficult to be successful.

First tier customer support analyst get the short end of the stick

Former Employee - Software Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sage North America

Pros

Good benefits. Great work environment.

Cons

Telephone support is hard enough as it is. First tier customer support analyst get the short end of the stick. They are first responders, but have only 30 min to solve the problem. If they don't they are kicked to the curb. When it's Monday morning and you are dealing with someone who has had a problem since Friday, the first 15 minutes is them complaining about the product. Not Fair.

Change that rule.

I love being part of Sage North America

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working hours. Good benefits. Easy going management team. Comfortable working environment. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Salary is not up to standard.

interview process and the onboarding process was amazing!

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst I in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst I in McLean, VA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people and the pay and the benefits are awesome!

Cons

HR is a bit removed from employees and seem a bit out of the loop.

Documentation needs to be checked and updated more regularly. Seems as if HR doesn't really know the procedures well.

Cattle mentality for call center employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable employment, they rarely lay off call center employees
    Casual dress code (sneakers, t-shirts)

Cons

No room for professional growth. You can be stuck answering phones for years before a promotion opportunity comes along.
    Sales engineers are usually the first people to be let go when there is a layoff.
    Annual "raise" is a joke. Consider yourself lucky if you even get 2-3%, some years you may not get one at all.
    Call center employees are overworked and underpaid for what they do.

Stop changing your company statement every few years. Find one that works and sticks with it.
    QA department needs to do a better job of finding bugs BEFORE the software is released, not afterwards.
    There needs to be a better flow of communication between the call center analysts and development

Sage North America Photos