Sage North America

Updated October 23, 2014
2.9

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 12 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Average Company with rapidly changing focus and internal practices.

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

Direct Managers are friendly and pro employee. Give 1 day per year to employees as a charity day so you can volunteer at a local charity with full pay. Compensation is average. Three work shifts to pick from with no weekend work required.

Cons

Leadership and internal policy/practices change too rapidly. Office culture is sub-par; too much of your support from co-workers is dependent upon their willingness to help (or not help), your performance rating is in no way tied to your peer performance. This sets up a difficult work environment internally. Very little room for advancement.

Consider revamping the employee performance reviews to include your peer performance/assistance helping co-workers with customers technical issues.

Not enough focus on people

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good if all you need is a paycheck, not a meaningful job.

Cons

The people in my group were not treated like adults. There were too many policies and zero creativity allowed in the job. The managers were only there to tell people what to do and tell them when they were doing something wrong.

It's well known that executive level management generally only sees people as numbers, but at Sage this meant that people were not treated well, and when layoffs happened people were treated even worse. Very demoralizing for both people who leave and people who stay.

Good Company, Great Co-Workers, Disjointed Executives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and Salary. Co-workers were great and dealing with the customers was also very enjoyable

Cons

Meetings... to many and many with out any clear direction. Revolving door of executives who brought in "new" old ideas trying to reshape the business model. Focused on a few of the wrong things when it came to product direction.

Listen to those in the building, there is a lot of experience and knowledge in the company.

I was a contract worker.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great company that is stable with good pay and benefits for full time employees, so I heard. They offer permanent positions to successful sales reps.

Cons

Management shows favoritism and you may feel that they require more than they are willing to give.

Good Place to work

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

Good place to get training in medical technology

Cons

Medical division was acquired and things changed

A bit disfuntional from the top down

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Decent Pay for the work done

Cons

No clear direction as to where the company is headed

An Highly Uneducated HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can't find one good reason to refer anyone in HR to work for this company other than to say, there is plenty of opportunity to come and clean up this mess.

Cons

Can you say enrolled employee in 401 (k) non-citizen for months? Benefits does not like to be bothered but they also have no understanding of common HR laws. High paid managers with don't bother me attitudes. The total and complete rejection of implementing or using common HR best practices. Highly disappointing atmosphere of no accountability and each one blame the other.

I know flying at 100k feet is nice, it would be nicer if your middle management was the wind beneath your wings, they are not. Fly a little lower and correct the center before the infrastructure collapses. You cannot promote generalists into HRBP/HR Manager roles without making sure they are capable of handling the work load as well as have the emotional and mental capacity. 40% of the HR managers in -place are failing t o the following:

Horrible on-boarding practices
    No accountability
    No pride in the work place/sloppy work
    Not up to date on laws (federal)
    Too scared to say it and staying because noone wants to look for work in this economy (not the best reason to stay)

Sage North America Response

Oct 14, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed you feel this way but certainly would invite you to reach out and provide additional specifics so that we may review your experience. Please contact Michelle Mulcare at ... More

Always reacting to change.

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great lower level management and work life balance.

Cons

Sage makes changes without forecasting issues that may arise. We are always reacting to the whims of management which results in poor customer experience. Your position & comp structure can change without you knowing just to come into work with a new title and role. there is 0 collaboration between upper management and employees.

Create a Process Management position to help connect the many silos between products. Notify employees of changes before they are made.

Decent company, little room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are lots of very creative, intelligent, friendly people at Sage. They have talented teams in a number of areas. Good benefits. Employees, for the most part, are well-invested in the company and customers.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected from employees. They hold quarterly meetings to keep employees informed, but it's an empty gesture, more lip service than real action. HR is a major offender. I've been there for 10 years, and there seems to be a big movement to recruit new employees, but they don't really care about keeping the talent they have. HR makes no bones about this. The annual review process is a complete joke. They work hard to get new people, but once you're there, they have very little interest in keeping you. So, maybe that's a pro if you're looking to work there, but not if you want to stay. Also, very little career pathing- not much room to grow. I like working with Sage customers, but can't grow here, and am out at my earliest opportunity.

Good company

Former Employee - QA Test Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Test Engineer

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice employees, friendly, committed to customer, work is good depending on who you work for

Cons

promotions, management & direction needs to be better, salary hikes

Sage North America Photos