Sage North America

Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 12 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good and Bad

I have been working at Sage North America (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, 401k, vacation, the people are great to work with, a very team oriented environment, everyone helps each other with no agendas or back stabbing, people generally do like working at the company with really good attitudes, good product portfolio

Cons

Sales quotas for some teams are out of touch at given far after the start of each 6 month sales period, some teams do well, others suffer, commission is paid only if you hit a minimum threshold which is unfair and un-motivating, advancement in the sales organization is non existent, so whatever position that you have in sales you'll stay there and make the same every year, compensation for sales is in the lower range for selling ERP software and related products, management changes the sales direction every 6 - 12 months which is very disruptive because any initiative isn't given enough time to be successful

Get in touch with what needs to be done to create enthusiasm in the sales organization

I was a contract worker.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great company that is stable with good pay and benefits for full time employees, so I heard. They offer permanent positions to successful sales reps.

Cons

Management shows favoritism and you may feel that they require more than they are willing to give.

Good Place to work

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

Good place to get training in medical technology

Cons

Medical division was acquired and things changed

Good company

Former Employee - QA Test Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Test Engineer

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice employees, friendly, committed to customer, work is good depending on who you work for

Cons

promotions, management & direction needs to be better, salary hikes

Lead Generation Specialist at Sage

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sage allowed you to do your job with little supervision. While this might not be the best for all employees, it worked for me as someone who was self-motivated. Lots of PTO.

Cons

Management was highly unorganized. Did not allows provide the tools necessary to do your job effectively. It got to the point where customers were being harrassed just to hit call volume.

Please follow through with promises to fix any issues.

An Highly Uneducated HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can't find one good reason to refer anyone in HR to work for this company other than to say, there is plenty of opportunity to come and clean up this mess.

Cons

Can you say enrolled employee in 401 (k) non-citizen for months? Benefits does not like to be bothered but they also have no understanding of common HR laws. High paid managers with don't bother me attitudes. The total and complete rejection of implementing or using common HR best practices. Highly disappointing atmosphere of no accountability and each one blame the other.

I know flying at 100k feet is nice, it would be nicer if your middle management was the wind beneath your wings, they are not. Fly a little lower and correct the center before the infrastructure collapses. You cannot promote generalists into HRBP/HR Manager roles without making sure they are capable of handling the work load as well as have the emotional and mental capacity. 40% of the HR managers in -place are failing t o the following:

Horrible on-boarding practices
    No accountability
    No pride in the work place/sloppy work
    Not up to date on laws (federal)
    Too scared to say it and staying because noone wants to look for work in this economy (not the best reason to stay)

Sage North America Response

Oct 14, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed you feel this way but certainly would invite you to reach out and provide additional specifics so that we may review your experience. Please contact Michelle Mulcare at ... More

Always reacting to change.

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great lower level management and work life balance.

Cons

Sage makes changes without forecasting issues that may arise. We are always reacting to the whims of management which results in poor customer experience. Your position & comp structure can change without you knowing just to come into work with a new title and role. there is 0 collaboration between upper management and employees.

Create a Process Management position to help connect the many silos between products. Notify employees of changes before they are made.

Very Poor Leadership

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok and comparable to other companies within the area. Plenty of training opportunities to advance your career

Cons

Lack of leadership at all levels. Tons of politics and turf wars. Leadership not aligned on vision and strategy. Passive / Aggressive management styles.

Decent company, little room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are lots of very creative, intelligent, friendly people at Sage. They have talented teams in a number of areas. Good benefits. Employees, for the most part, are well-invested in the company and customers.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected from employees. They hold quarterly meetings to keep employees informed, but it's an empty gesture, more lip service than real action. HR is a major offender. I've been there for 10 years, and there seems to be a big movement to recruit new employees, but they don't really care about keeping the talent they have. HR makes no bones about this. The annual review process is a complete joke. They work hard to get new people, but once you're there, they have very little interest in keeping you. So, maybe that's a pro if you're looking to work there, but not if you want to stay. Also, very little career pathing- not much room to grow. I like working with Sage customers, but can't grow here, and am out at my earliest opportunity.

Unrealized potential as company struggles to change its identity from previous successful brands to "one Sage".

I worked at Sage North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with. Very remote-worker friendly. Powerful vision to help small to medium size businesses succeed. Company has a sense of purpose.

Cons

Poor strategy execution. Lengthy growing pains merging previously separate companies together. No end in sight. Executive management tells a good story, but can't lead the implementation. Ineffective HR department.

Don't shut down successful brands before new brands take hold.

Sage North America Photos