Sage North America

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Sage offer a good benefits package and competitive, sometimes above market salaries (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 10 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Place to work

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

Good place to get training in medical technology

Cons

Medical division was acquired and things changed

Good company

Former Employee - QA Test Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Test Engineer

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice employees, friendly, committed to customer, work is good depending on who you work for

Cons

promotions, management & direction needs to be better, salary hikes

Lead Generation Specialist at Sage

Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Sage North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sage allowed you to do your job with little supervision. While this might not be the best for all employees, it worked for me as someone who was self-motivated. Lots of PTO.

Cons

Management was highly unorganized. Did not allows provide the tools necessary to do your job effectively. It got to the point where customers were being harrassed just to hit call volume.

Please follow through with promises to fix any issues.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financially secure

I worked at Sage North America

Pros

I immediately felt secure financially. I felt that the benefits were excellent as well. I enjoyed the training, and I enjoyed my co-workers.

Cons

Telesales role can be a role with quick burn out rates. Because I was there for 10 years, I was tired and ready to move on, so unfortunately did not leave with the positive attitude that i began with in 2003.

i would say work-life balance would be something to focus on for management. I felt that i was secure and that Sage treated their employees well financially, but I typically felt overworked and exhausted when i got home. This was offset by the benefits and the compensation (for me, at least). In hindsight, it is hard to put a price on family and the ability to have energy to care for your family after leaving an 8 hour day with a company that is also helping you to provide for that family. catch 22.

Decent company, little room for growth

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are lots of very creative, intelligent, friendly people at Sage. They have talented teams in a number of areas. Good benefits. Employees, for the most part, are well-invested in the company and customers.

Cons

Upper management is completely disconnected from employees. They hold quarterly meetings to keep employees informed, but it's an empty gesture, more lip service than real action. HR is a major offender. I've been there for 10 years, and there seems to be a big movement to recruit new employees, but they don't really care about keeping the talent they have. HR makes no bones about this. The annual review process is a complete joke. They work hard to get new people, but once you're there, they have very little interest in keeping you. So, maybe that's a pro if you're looking to work there, but not if you want to stay. Also, very little career pathing- not much room to grow. I like working with Sage customers, but can't grow here, and am out at my earliest opportunity.

Very Poor Leadership

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are ok and comparable to other companies within the area. Plenty of training opportunities to advance your career

Cons

Lack of leadership at all levels. Tons of politics and turf wars. Leadership not aligned on vision and strategy. Passive / Aggressive management styles.

Unrealized potential as company struggles to change its identity from previous successful brands to "one Sage".

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits (including generous 401k vesting); great people to work with. Very remote-worker friendly. Powerful vision to help small to medium size businesses succeed. Company has a sense of purpose.

Cons

Poor strategy execution. Lengthy growing pains merging previously separate companies together. No end in sight. Executive management tells a good story, but can't lead the implementation. Ineffective HR department.

Don't shut down successful brands before new brands take hold.

Stable company to work for.

I worked at Sage North America

Pros

Stable company that can provide opportunities to advance within a number of different areas. Possibility of moving to different regions.

Cons

As a large company it can appear impersonal at times, and there is a fair amount of bureaucracy to deal with.

Employee effort should be truly valued.

Slow- Paced environment

Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - SaaS Account Executive in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment. The company does recognize outstanding work

Cons

Business model needs improvement. Product needs more innovation and options. Also average compensation for salaries. Company does not meet fair market value for positions.

Leadership should adhere to company values and communicate more effectively with teams.

Great company with excellent work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Sage North America for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment that values employees and encourages individual contributions at all levels.
    There is an overall confidence and belief in the company's vision and product offerings that generates a positive atmosphere.

I like that you don't have to wait a long time for benefits to kick in and the 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year shows a serious commitment to work-life balance.

In regards to Communication, I give very high marks as well. Frequent "All In" Meetings and Sage Central are a couple of examples of how well the Organization communicates, from Pascal and the ELT all the way down to local news items and bulletins.

Cons

Not much to vent about really.
    I think as the labor market in certain areas (specifically in the Technical space) continues to tighten, Sage needs to try to stay more competitive in salaries - both when trying to get top talent in the door as well as when trying to keep top performers from leaving

Sage North America Photos

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!