Sage North America

Sage North America Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon

Pascal Houillon

Pros:
  • "They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Sage offer a good benefits package and competitive, sometimes above market salaries"
    in 31 reviews
Cons:
  • "indifferent management, changes in upper management recently have led to employee dissatisfaction overall"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Should do more to encourage career development and promote from within"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company, Great People

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

ProsFun company to work for, trying to do great things in the accounting software space.
    Great relaxed and collaborative office environment. There are some very smart people in the company, if you take the time to seek them out. Learned something new every day, and had the opportunity to be involved in exciting new projects. Huge variety of work that means you'll never get bored.
    Great benefits offered to all permanent employees.

ConsWorkload can be overwhelming at times based on numerous responsibilities and concurrent deadlines. Available resources varied dramatically by department / division. There's a strong desire to succeed at new initiatives but sometimes the company gets in it's own way and places barriers in the way to moving the needle. The red tape continues to increase and potentially strangle innovation. Strong focus on short-term rather than a long term win. Danger of becoming R&D led rather than market / Product Management focused.

Advice to Senior Management"Confront the brutal facts" and listen to the market / customer needs. Create the strategy and then commit to execute against it with confidence and resources.

Treated me with respect... our product line, not so much.

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsI was always treated with respect at Sage.
    Pay and benefits were excellent
    Product I worked on was interesting and fulfilling.
    Worked with great people.

ConsDon't feel like you have a say in overall strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve business stakeholders in high level decision making.

Good place to work, standard software corporation.

ProsPromotes from within. Middle of the road. There are better our there, and there are worse

ConsLeadership lacks people skills. Lots of changes and competing priorities

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good until you get a manager that is more worried about their personal gain rather the team.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

ProsEmployee camaraderie is good in and outside of work. They provide catered lunches several times throughout the year. They recently brought back Inner Circle trips so you do have the possibility to win that at the end of the year.

ConsNo room to advance in the sales department. They will promote from the outside before they do within. Management is very shady. They will seem to befriend you but will turn on you at the drop of a dime. Coworkers cant be trusted to not steal sales because the pressure is on them from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They deal with the customers on a day to day bases and have a better idea of the best practices. Don't be intimidated because one of your subordinates may be more knowledgeable or respected than you. use that your advantage.

Overall, a very supportive company.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsSage promotes a great work environment. Great work, life balance. They provide quite a bit of training

ConsThe company seems to be happy to stay barely afloat. little to no drive to improve their core products or services. This leads to complacency, and in the end, underpaid staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to get down into the ranks with the employees.

Depending on the department, it could have been an OVERALL great company.

Senior Customer Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Lawrenceville, GA

ProsDefinitely a benefit trap. Now that is a good thing, especially if you use the education benefits.

ConsCompensation should stay abreast with COLA.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be aware of laws governing EEOC, especially HR Department. Although I am no longer in a certain department that was acquired, should be noted that, prior to the acquisition, there was revolving doors, preferential treatment, and it was so obvious. Yet, HR turned a blind eye towards the number of terminations within this certain department under the management of both the director at the time as well as the supervisor (later rewarded for "cleaning house" and promoted to manager over another department.) Red flags should have gone up unless transitional management was the main intent of the actions allowed to perpetuate. This company could be without a doubt a GREAT company to work for!

Current Employee

ProsDecent pay and benefits. 21 days of PTO.

ConsTerrible work environment which encourages bullying. Not very tolerant of other cultures.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue!

Look somewhere else if you can. It is not as

Irvine, CA

Pros- Decent benefits and great PTO
    - Promising product strategy and portfolio (i.e. mobile products)
    - CEO has done a nice job so far turning it around and has hired a good team (executives).
    - Flexibility to work remote (although some people take advantage of it)

Cons- Salaries below market (not as competitive)
    - Need to be good at kissing behinds. Title happy (Some VP's/directors/sr. directors/ sr. managers) lack the necessary knowledge and skills to be in their positions but with big egos
    - Too many "lifers" who are worried about protecting their jobs and not focus on what's good for the company,so leave your ideas and opinions to yourself
    - No room for growth

Sage has afforded me many growth and development opportunities

ProsI've had the privilege of working with some pretty strong leaders over the years - not only within my own department but across the business; While I've proven myself at Sage, I've been afforded great opportunities to further grow and develop my career; Its tough these days to have a good work-life balance but management at Sage has allowed me the flexibility to maintain some balance - I'm a dedicated employee and feel that the loyalty I give to Sage is given back to me.

ConsSage has a very matrixed environment. It's sometimes challenging to work in such an environment as it's not for everyone. Sometimes the communication doesn't filter to all of the employees as it should, but I know Sage has taken steps to improve this and expect they'll continue to. Having employees all over US and Canada and often being remote from coworkers proves to be challenging so I hope Sage continues to focus on open and honest communication with employees whenever possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing the vision and how we're going to get there with employees. Keep reminding us how each of us can play a role in helping Sage achieve what we've set out to do. Keep the flexibility that many leaders offer - encourage the rest of leaders to do the same. In this day and age, workplace flexibility is a must and certainly something that Sage should keep in order to maintain competitive with other employers.

Decent place to work

Senior Support Analyst (Current Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsGood pay for the job. Good benefits. The possibility to work from home.

ConsBenefits are crazy expensive, mostly due to new heath care law. Working in support can be very stressful, it's understaffed and has been for a long time.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more support analysts.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!

Sage North America Videos

Sage North America – Why Work for Us?

Who we are: We are a global provider of the technology, software, and services small and medium sized companies need to successfully run their business. Some of our core products include accounting, enterprise resource… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sage North America CEO Pascal Houillon. All 252 reviews posted anonymously by Sage North America employees.