Sage North America

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon
Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Sage offer a good benefits package and competitive, sometimes above market salaries (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 10 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Tremedous amount of support
    - Schedule flexibility for time-off requests
    - Great pay and great benefits
    - New open work space

Cons

Being with Sage for almost 2 years, it was a struggle trying to move up within the company, making it difficult to be happy with my position. I previously dealt with poor management and very little communication about what is working and not working for me.

Working at Sage NA--a great place to woirk

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) I was concerned with career progression, I’ve since been re-aligned and I have a future here. 2) Very flexible work hours with opportunity to work from home. 3) Great team atmosphere.

Cons

1) I’m seeing both hiring and turnover 2) Things can move pretty quickly, so you have to be able to keep up, but the upside is that you never get bored! (not really a CON)

Keep up the good work!!

Fun atmosphere & community

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture that has been created within the company is what makes this company hard to leave. If you're open to it you can create some great friendships with the people here. The benefits are pretty good as a whole; 401k, medical, PTO time, etc.

Cons

Internal processes often get in the way of speedy resolutions. Additionally our internal systems are fairly slow and a lot of manual processes are put into place to get around it.
    There are not too many opportunities that come up for career growth, which is unfortunate. There is a lot oftalent in many departments, but it is not always utilized. On the opposite side of the spectrum, there are also areas that could use some "house cleaning" so-to-speak.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, Great People!

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

The people are great. Our teams are very collaborative. We work hard, and like to have fun too! The PTO is better than most. Tuition Reimbursement.The health care is above average allowing for many alternative forms such as accupuncture and chiropractic care. I don't know if all teams are equal but our team and our management is knowledgeable, flexible, and empowering. I know I've made it sound perfect, it's not, there's always room for improvement, and that's okay.

Cons

I think what I've noticed as one of the biggest and possibly only "con" are the mixed and conflicting messages from our executives. Collaborate, be fun, be hip... be quiet, conservative, selective & segregated. The second, is the revolving "spin" on the company image or story. Having said that, it doesn't really affect my day to day.

My advice would be to read the "con". Be consistent with your words and actions. Be authentic about who you want us to be as a company, not a story or a spin. Everyone sees right through the story.

Good place to work, slowly moving

Former Employee - Senion Software Architect  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senion Software Architect in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sage North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly people
    - Nice office
    - Work/Life balance

Cons

- Vision not translated down
    - Issues with people having authority when they shouldn't
    - Slow moving.

If you want to modernize, then you can't do that while keeping current technical leadership. Some are good, some are bad.

They think everyone else is stupid

Current Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Look at the spate of good reviews and then look at the dates. These are all bogus reviews

Cons

The company is a train wreck. The people in charge have been singularly responsible for taking the market leading companies that Sage acquired and driving every single one of them into the ground. Yet they are still running the show. They have the survival skills of cockroaches. But the fact is when you have losers running the place nobody competent can survive. Suck up and shut up if you want to thrive.

Leave and let a new team come in and try to save the company.

They must have heard about all the bad reviews.

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

You'll get 40 hours a week and a paycheck.

Cons

You will be hired as a contractor and stay on for years at 11 bucks an hour before you can become perm. Any day can be your last day no matter how you perform. Management is ill concerned with the employee as they can be replaced. Only work here if you can't find work and stay long enough to find something else.

Treat your employees better and the bottom line will get better. If we know we're expendable it's hard to care about what we are doing.

Sage North America Response

Jul 29, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

We are disappointed you feel this way but certainly would invite you to reach out and provide additional specifics so that we may review your experience. Please contact Michelle Mulcare at ... More

Company must have put out a memo to up their review stars quotient.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a paycheck that doesn't bounce and the benefits are marginally good.

Cons

The spate of so many "good" reviews must mean the company is trying to up their statistics. Not an unheard tactic that they would do. They are trying to improve their image but it is all window dressing. Like the pretty pictures. But warning to all, lift back the curtain, read all the reviews and consider that only half the community approves of the CEO.

Stop treating employees like an expendable commodity that cuts into your bottom line. Spend less money on decorating (It's all superficial anyway) and more money on your employees. Disengaged workers got that way because of the disengaged management and the resulting toxic corporate culture that management creates. Oh, and following California Labor Laws is not optional it is a requirement of doing business. So stop letting the managers make up their own rules and follow the legal ones. It's the law.

Senior Programmer

Former Employee - Applications Developer
    Former Employee - Applications Developer

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well organizes process of releasing software updates and releases. Great documentation and planning. Good benefits.

Cons

To much upper management turnover...about every two years a new regime comes in and changes long term goals and the direction of the company. Loss of good people we lost focus on keeping up with current technology.

Focus on employees and customers and stay on track with new technology.

Decent

I have been working at Sage North America

Pros

Decent salary for most positions. The front line people are really nice in general.

Cons

Too much bureaucratic craps and politics, starting at exec level. This really limits the creativity and agile development that the higher ups talk about all the time.

Treat your employees well, and they will work hard, most of them don't really care for the politics.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!