Sage North America

Sage North America Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon

Pascal Houillon

Pros
  • They also support tele-work/remote work and are very supportive of a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Sage offer a good benefits package and competitive, sometimes above market salaries (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect between employees and management: It amazes me how blind the upper management is (in 10 reviews)

• Terrible work environment which encourages bullying (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Stay Away from this Company, Not Employee Friendly!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsCasual atmosphere, Flexible hours, Decent benefits

ConsAlmost everything else! The company doesn't care about it's employees only the bottom line. They expect loyalty from everyone but don't give any of it back!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about employees more, company did much better when it was employee friendly and voted one of the best places to work in OC. Those were the good old days.

Great if you like solving problems and like change

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLarger organization, stable, good benefits. Complex matrix environment makes problem solving fun and interesting. Company is going through a lot of change that is for the better, but sometimes change is hard for some people.

ConsCompany structure and rewards do not allow for differentiating top performers. Not a lot of vertical growth for the younger generation. Risk adverse, so they don't take chances and give up & comers opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally know and assess your people. Status quo of talent will kill any attempt to build a culture of innovation.

Overall a good company to work for

ProsExcellent benefits. Nice people. Sage is transitioning from a collection of purchased companies to a more uniform organization with multiple solutions.

ConsSometime too much bureaucracy and risk averse

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long Time Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosgood insurance coverage, good outdoor facilities, good location, excellent employees other than upper management, latest technology.

Consindifferent management, changes in upper management recently have led to employee dissatisfaction overall

Advice to Senior Managementresume getting feedback from employees without retaliation

Great Company

Call Center (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsThey take care of their employees. Lots of free lunch

ConsAny call center seems confining. Pay not terrific

Ok place to work but

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood people.
    Decent pay, a little below the average though.
    Interesting projects.
    Casual dress code.

ConsUnrealistic deadlines.
    Scrum masters push for unrealistic assumptions to bring down estimates so that it appears deadlines will be met.
    Too much push to hit deadlines not enough understanding that good code takes time.
    No time given to learn new technologies.
    Nonexistent requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people doing the work. If they say it's not possible in the time given then it isn't possible, and you need to think about moving the timeline or slimming down features.

Good Company

Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsFair pay. Good benefits. Good training. Reasonable workload.

ConsEmployee layoffs happen too frequently..

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to better understand US culture and the US worker.

Such a big organization that no one takes responsibility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSchedule was very loose because all staff were telecommuting. I had no one in my department at the actual location where I was at.

ConsI had no one in my department at the actual location where I was at.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a temporary employee that basically took the brunt of my department because I was expendable. They do not budget well enough to have enough staff in my department Sage University. There needs to be a few more employees in the department to make things go smoothly.

Contractor at Sage

Call Routing Engineer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prostreated fair, I was a contractor.

ConsThere was none, Management let me do my job.

Fast and Furious

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI don't recommend working for this company. I worked for the Healthcare Division, and the leadership was not great.

ConsLeadership. Department turnover. Instability. I could go on.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange just for the sake of change is not a good idea.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!