Sage North America

Sage North America President & CEO Pascal Houillon

Pascal Houillon

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good, large company

Field Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWide range of products and solutions
Large company

ConsEach division seems to work independently and not a lot of collaboration happens between different offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consolidating different divisions or sell them so you can focus on key solutions and make them great.

Very rewarding experience.

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for less than a year

ProsEmployees encouraged to be self-starters.

ConsNo cons observed while employed with company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is excellent. Only advise is to not change anything.

Overall they strive to keep employees happy. So, that alone puts them in a top category.

Applications Programmer II (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for less than a year

Prosthe people were good and friendly. I think my actual year I left was 2008.

ConsI honestly don't know how they stayed in business. The software they wrote was very mismanaged

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some superstar software developers and keep them happy and have a better vision, one that thinks like an entrepreneur. I don't know how they still have large clients paying for Saleslogix

I enjoyed my time at Sage North America, it was a comfortable place to work with nice people.

Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits were acceptable although they changed every year. The vacation and sick time were generous. The work environment was very comfortable. The managers were great, they pretty much left you alone unless they really needed something yesterday. Great underground parking.

ConsI think the upper management was a bit loopy. They were not always direct with the employees. I suppose when you are going to sell a division of the company you can't let anyone know about it. But blind siding tons of employees with lay-offs sucked. Other than the sale of Saleslogix and Act to Swiftpage it was great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with technology so you don't end up selling off valuable products for half their worth after years of development.

Not bad for a large company and they're continuously improving

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhile it's easy to become a number at large organizations, Sage seems dedicated to minimizing that feel. Decent benefits, policies, and well documented roles made it easy to know what you needed to do day-to-day to succeed in getting your job done. Sage has clear and concise core principles and the company and employees, generally, do a great job embracing them. Compensation was competitive.

ConsSage, as may be expected from a large public company, has traditionally been driven by short term focused, low risk decisions. For a software company, this has stifled the pace of change and innovation to a point where employee and company growth has been lacking. While this seems to be changing, investment in new product development, IT support, and organizational improvement is still lacking relative to other software companies.

This place is a political nightmare.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for less than a year

ProsWell they produce a good product.

ConsNavigating the egos of this company was the hardest part of working here. The principals put themselves above the needs of the customers making it really difficult to do the right thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where your salaries come from.

It's okay

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, casual work environment and flexibility

Consa LOT of office politics. Talented people overlooked while friends of friends get promotions and raises. Hiriing managers with little to no experience in the software industry. No team work.

Excellent!

QA Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReally good people which makes it fun and interesting. Good benifits as well.

ConsSome Micro management which isn't a bad thing but can be restrictive in a development house.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest with the employees. If your employees look good they will make you look good. Plus Mangergers should get reviewed by they employees Sage needs 360 reviews.

Neutral

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sage North America full-time for more than a year

Prospeople are great, great work/life balance

Conspay under market and no career opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementpay employees there market value...

If negative 5 stars were an option.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sage North America full-time

ProsFriendly people for the most part.
Good 401k plan and generous PTO from day one

ConsConstant management changes and reorgs. You can pretty much count on layoffs and reorgs twice a year, just after the annual earnings report in December and just after the 1/2 year annual earnings report.

Lack of true R&D investment in the products is replaced by smoke and mirrors, and gimmicks to make the partners, the press and analyst community think that Sage is reinventing their products to be cutting edge, but in reality - its usually just a new wrapper and bow on the same junk. Nobody is fooled.

Terrible employee morale due to the constant reorgs, layoffs and change in direction...not to mention increases in health insurance benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots, acquire some new and cutting edge technologies to your portfolio, stop trying to act like a software company.

Worked for Sage North America? Contribute to the Community!

Sage North America Videos

Sage North America – Why Work for Us?

Who we are: We are a global provider of the technology, software, and services small and medium sized companies need to successfully run their business. Some of our core products include accounting, enterprise resource… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage North America reviews and ratings in Scottsdale, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sage North America CEO Pascal Houillon. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Sage North America employees.