Sage Products Reviews

Vince Foglia

1. Excellent employer!

Current Employee - Director in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Sage Products cares about their associates, as well as the local community. It is an excellent work environment, the Sage culture remains strong as the business continues to grow, and - best of all - our products make a real difference! The work is very fulfilling.

Cons

The location of Sage Products (Cary, Illinois) being far from Chicago may discourage talented people from considering Sage due to the commute.

Advice to Management

Sage will continue to succeed because Leadership continues to encourage and support development of each associate.

2. QC Manager

I have been working at Sage Products (more than 8 years)

Pros

Simple interventions, extraordinary outcomes - this is evident in everything that Sage does. The amazing culture, commendable leadership, and loyal employees make Sage THE best company to work for.

Cons

The organization has no cons

3. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture of people wanting to make a difference both inside of Sage as well as outside of Sage in the community and with our patients.

Cons

Not any I can think of at this time. Just keep doing what you are doing. As we get bigger, keep the communication coming.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the Associates. Walk the halls a bit more. Be visible. We love seeing you.

5. Great culture, people, and opportunities!

Current Employee - Manager, Clinical Research in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Manager, Clinical Research in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Terrific professional opportunities and room for growth, both lateral and horizontal.
    Supportive and talented leadership.
    Employees who truly care about giving back to the surrounding community.

Cons

We may be a bit far from Chicago but we are located in a great community!

6. Amazing Company

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sage is truly a great company where the employees are happy and enjoy coming to work. A true team environment!

Cons

There are no real cons to report.

7. Amazing Culture!

Current Employee - Professional
    Current Employee - Professional

I have been working at Sage Products

Pros

Approachable management at all levels
    Great benefits/perks
    Fiscally responsible, stable company
    Fun atmosphere
    Beautiful manufacturing facility and offices

Cons

No real cons....this is a great place to work; lots of tenure

Advice to Management

Protect this amazing culture - you will get the best out of your employees

8. The grass really is greener on the other side (just celebrated my 1 year anniversary)!

Current Employee - Cost Accountant
    Current Employee - Cost Accountant

I have been working at Sage Products

Pros

The best part of working for Sage is the people, people, people! Everyone from the top to the bottom of this organization couldn't be any better to work with! I have never had better benefits, to a more easy-going manager or even a greater balance of work-life balance than at Sage!

Cons

To think of any cons as a Sage employee is a really tough task to do! I honestly cannot think of a single con!

Advice to Management

To all of the management at Sage, just keep continuing what you are doing! Continue to keep the Sage culture exactly the way it is and never settle for anything else!

9. Hidden Gem of the Healthcare Industry

I have been working at Sage Products

Pros

This is a company that invests into its people, and there are not many companies that do that anymore. That's why the culture here is so strong, because of the top talent they bring in, as well as the well natured spirit of the people here. There is always room for growth and opportunity and Sage will ensure that if you are looking to move onward and upward, that they will do what it takes to get you there, whether it's training, going back to school, seminars, professional workshops, or industry related conferences/events. Sage will support its people to achieve whatever it is they are looking for. Furthermore, Sage's facility has an onsite clinic for employees and their families, a fitness center and gym, company sponsored events through their Exuberance Committee; there is so much this company offers to those that provide their service here everyday.

Cons

The only con is the vacation time they give during your first year of employment. Other than that, there are no cons.

10. Extraordinary Company!

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Sage culture is awesome! From the top level down, the main focus is on people and relationships. The President as well as the Chairman of the Board knows everyone's name, they both have an open door policy, and they both truly care about each & every person that walks through the door. They are very generous, very caring and have a true passion to help people succeed...not only in business, but in life.

Good health is strongly encouraged. To support that, Sage has a 24 hour fitness center and gym, fitness classes, a Wellness Center staffed with a nurse practitioner and a doctor, a physical therapist, and an occupational therapist.

Family values and strong ethics are also encouraged. "Always take the high road" is the way of doing business here. People are happy to come to work, feel good about what they do and feel valued to be a part of Sage.

Cons

It's hard to stay humble and not brag about Sage when talking to family, friends and neighbors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Vince & Scott, you are loved and highly respected by everyone. People feel very blessed to know you, to be a part of your team, and to be able to contribute to your continued success.

11. Great company with good values and genuine, respectful employees

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture and benefits are the best aspects of working at Sage. The culture is unique from anywhere I have ever worked. The company values keeping it personal with customers and each other. Everyone says hi to each other when they pass by in the hallways and are friendly and respectful. The leaders are generous to the community and employees, while remaining humble and well grounded. They are great role models for all the employees and encourage community involvement to help others. There are various programs that they make it easy to get involved in. I like the management overall, but I am biased because my boss that I directly report to rocks! I am not sure how it is in other departments. Lastly, benefits include, but are not limited to the following: on site nurse (includes free flu shots, check ups, general prescriptions, etc), on site physical therapist, on site workout facility/gym, very generous 401k match, incentive health programs (we all got free fitbits), awesome insurance plan, and bonus/share the profits program. Overall, the company keeps a positive outlook, is doing well in terms of profits, and is growing which opens the door to external/internal opportunities/potential promotions.

Cons

I would say the only challenge of working here is the pay. I am sure it is different in every department, but I have talked with other co-workers (from different departments) who feel they may be getting slightly underpaid in comparison to the competitive/average salary in the market. I feel that I am in my particular role, but it's hard to complain since they give each employee SO many benefits and make it a nice place to work. However, I think HR is currently re-evaluating compensation company-wide so maybe that will improve sometime soon.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to continually work on communication skills company wide. Sometimes I feel information is communicated poorly company-wide and/or within departments. This is a factor to keep front of mind as the company grows and develops.