Sage Products

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014
4.3

Vince Foglia

Unbelievable place for true sales people

I have been working at Sage Products for more than 10 years

Pros

This company's growth has been amazing and continues to be impressive. Leadership is always focused on how changes will impact things at the sales rep level because the executive leadership is made up of people that have all been in sales. The company has always developed top quality products that help solve problems that people in healthcare are motivated to fix so the products are very fun to sell. As a salesperson, it is an extremely challenging job but very rewarding. Sales incentive trips are amazing for both reps and spouses. The compensation for sales reps is exceptional and goals are realistic for anyone willing to put the work in. The company's growth has led to a variety of promotional opportunities for the best quality individuals in all departments including the sales force.

Cons

Those who are unwilling to re-locate, will have significantly less opportunities for promotions. There are still opportunities but there are far more options available for those willing to move.

Trust employees and leadership to handle the facts. In the technology generation where information is available literally instantly, withholding information can foster skepticism of the corporate communication that finally is given.

This is a company that fosters alignment of the Vision Mission and Values from the top down throughout the company.

I have been working at Sage Products for more than 10 years

Pros

The rewards extend well beyond the compensation and HR benefits.....this place feels like mission work....and this passion for improved patient outcomes is actually realized due to the corporate alignment behind the mission.

Cons

Work and family balance can be difficult to manage. The opportunity to work towards this companies mission however, certainly helps to buffer this challenge. It's not going to get any easier with an aging America in dire need of companies like Sage.

Keep growing and investing: In the people and resources behind the mission.

One of a Kind

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Innovative products and growing marketplace for them, career development and advancement opportunities, leading-edge benefits and foundationally solid leadership.

Cons

Exponential growth can bring with it growing pains and it isn't always possible any longer to fill all positions from within the company. Talent-acquisition evolution is the next frontier for the company.

More of the same, emphasis on the "more" part. No reason Sage shouldn't continue to be a great place to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that "gets it"

Current Employee - Director  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and contribute. competitive compensation and benefits. Successful business model.

Cons

The challenges that are associated with success, growth, and change

Don't "ease of on the pedal" continue to challenge the norm

From intern to full time!

Current Employee - Office  in  Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Office in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sage is an amazing place of opportunity. From the top down, there are consistent values and ethics demonstrated and practiced. I've been so fortunate to gain experience at Sage not only through an internship, but as a full-time associate after graduating. It's been a great ride full of growth and both personal and professional development.

Cons

We have to keep up on ever-changing demands on our market, especially with the new healthcare laws coming into place! It's a good challenge for all of us.

Overall, great leadership. Possibly some flexibility in working schedules (like work from home options) would be great but overall this is a great company to work for!

I never want to leave!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

The leadership at Sage is phenomenal. They truly mean it when they say they care about their people. Not only does the company create fantastic products that make a huge difference in the lives of patients, but they also support the local community with several activities throughout the year.

During my time with the company, I have seen opportunities for promotions in almost every department as the company continues to grow. They also have an amazing internship program for college students.

Cons

Some departments aren't growing as fast as they need to in order to keep up with the increased demands of the growing company. But positions are being created all the time so it doesn't stay like that for long. Other than that, I have no complaints!

My experience with management has been great. I received thorough training when I was hired and the benefits are amazing. My manager in particular has made my work experience incredible and I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and good benefits. Management is approachable and accountable!

Cons

Really can't think of any...

Enhance the Vision plan please...

Great Company - Great Leaders

Current Employee - Leadership  in  Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Leadership in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is incredible. The tenure of employees say it all. The leaders are great. The people are happy. They smile, say hello to each other, and love coming to work. They have a full health club and gym, wellness center with a nurse and doctor on staff (free to employees) and a profit sharing that is better than most out there.

Cons

Not a lot of cons

Keep up the great leadership. Always keep it personal.

Sage Products cares about its employees and its community

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

It really is a great place to work, you're recognized for your contributions and the benefits are great!

Cons

Busy work environment, very challenging. It can at times be stressful but the work is fulfilling and I think everyone here cares about what they do and the patients they serve

Continue to care about your workforce; employees that are focused and driven to doing a great job come from a workforce that's treated well and rewarded for their hard work

Great factory if you get hired on.

Current Employee - Cell Operator  in  Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Cell Operator in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sage employees have great benefits and hours. It's a clean and healthy environment

Cons

The company favors it's current employes and does not give temps a fair chance to get hired on

Give temps a fair chance to get hired on. I've been a temp for a year and I have applied about 5 times already but they never give me a chance.

Worked for Sage Products? Contribute to the Community!