Sage Products

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work at Sage Products. The company has a long history of developing high quality medical products with a culture of loyalty and high level of employee engagement. Besides being a great place to work, Sage is well known as a community partner. I look forward to many years at Sage.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, I hope that the culture will stay unaffected.

Keep it up!

A Company That Cares

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

They work hard on maintaining their company culture and connecting with employees. They have great benefits including an on-site health clinic, fitness classes, health insurance, 401K, and profit sharing. They understand that we are human and that we all need time away from work to do our best at work.

Cons

Vacation policy is below average for professional employees (new hires).

Leadership and employee accountability varies across departments. In some departments, employees whose performance is sub-par sneak by or are not always addressed by their managers. Leadership isn’t always comfortable making difficult decisions when it comes to staffing and addressing employee performance.

Move faster when allocating resources. There is a lot to do. Make sure your employees have the resources to get the job done. The unknown resources make it difficult for employees to acomplish objectives and adds stress.

Unbelievable place for true sales people

I have been working at Sage Products (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company's growth has been amazing and continues to be impressive. Leadership is always focused on how changes will impact things at the sales rep level because the executive leadership is made up of people that have all been in sales. The company has always developed top quality products that help solve problems that people in healthcare are motivated to fix so the products are very fun to sell. As a salesperson, it is an extremely challenging job but very rewarding. Sales incentive trips are amazing for both reps and spouses. The compensation for sales reps is exceptional and goals are realistic for anyone willing to put the work in. The company's growth has led to a variety of promotional opportunities for the best quality individuals in all departments including the sales force.

Cons

Those who are unwilling to re-locate, will have significantly less opportunities for promotions. There are still opportunities but there are far more options available for those willing to move.

Trust employees and leadership to handle the facts. In the technology generation where information is available literally instantly, withholding information can foster skepticism of the corporate communication that finally is given.

Great Company - Great Leaders

Current Employee - Leadership in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Leadership in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture is incredible. The tenure of employees say it all. The leaders are great. The people are happy. They smile, say hello to each other, and love coming to work. They have a full health club and gym, wellness center with a nurse and doctor on staff (free to employees) and a profit sharing that is better than most out there.

Cons

Not a lot of cons

Keep up the great leadership. Always keep it personal.

This is a company that fosters alignment of the Vision Mission and Values from the top down throughout the company.

I have been working at Sage Products (more than 10 years)

Pros

The rewards extend well beyond the compensation and HR benefits.....this place feels like mission work....and this passion for improved patient outcomes is actually realized due to the corporate alignment behind the mission.

Cons

Work and family balance can be difficult to manage. The opportunity to work towards this companies mission however, certainly helps to buffer this challenge. It's not going to get any easier with an aging America in dire need of companies like Sage.

Keep growing and investing: In the people and resources behind the mission.

One of a Kind

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative products and growing marketplace for them, career development and advancement opportunities, leading-edge benefits and foundationally solid leadership.

Cons

Exponential growth can bring with it growing pains and it isn't always possible any longer to fill all positions from within the company. Talent-acquisition evolution is the next frontier for the company.

More of the same, emphasis on the "more" part. No reason Sage shouldn't continue to be a great place to work.

A company that "gets it"

Current Employee - Director in Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and contribute. competitive compensation and benefits. Successful business model.

Cons

The challenges that are associated with success, growth, and change

Don't "ease of on the pedal" continue to challenge the norm

From intern to full time!

Current Employee - Office in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Office in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sage is an amazing place of opportunity. From the top down, there are consistent values and ethics demonstrated and practiced. I've been so fortunate to gain experience at Sage not only through an internship, but as a full-time associate after graduating. It's been a great ride full of growth and both personal and professional development.

Cons

We have to keep up on ever-changing demands on our market, especially with the new healthcare laws coming into place! It's a good challenge for all of us.

Overall, great leadership. Possibly some flexibility in working schedules (like work from home options) would be great but overall this is a great company to work for!

I never want to leave!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time

Pros

The leadership at Sage is phenomenal. They truly mean it when they say they care about their people. Not only does the company create fantastic products that make a huge difference in the lives of patients, but they also support the local community with several activities throughout the year.

During my time with the company, I have seen opportunities for promotions in almost every department as the company continues to grow. They also have an amazing internship program for college students.

Cons

Some departments aren't growing as fast as they need to in order to keep up with the increased demands of the growing company. But positions are being created all the time so it doesn't stay like that for long. Other than that, I have no complaints!

My experience with management has been great. I received thorough training when I was hired and the benefits are amazing. My manager in particular has made my work experience incredible and I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Sage Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and good benefits. Management is approachable and accountable!

Cons

Really can't think of any...

Enhance the Vision plan please...