Sage UK Ltd.

Paul Stobart

Overall great people

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsSage has great benefits and the people are really great to work with. The environment is great too. The pay is ok.

ConsIf you want to move ahead, it's important to allign yourself with strategic employees. The company is very unstable at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises should be according to performance, company results and inflation.

I was not treated fine. I felt as if I had worked hard and did overtime.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood policy for time off and benefits. Not much work. Never need to open up computer after 5. Many people have time to go for lunch and do some surfing too.

Cons.incompetence abounds - it looks bad when your superiors are not achievers and never have been and were hired because they knew someone. As soon as a new manager comes he cleans house because policy is to have your friends around you. I was still not seen as an insider. That is really what it takes: to be an an insider.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your bar hopping full time! Pursue poetry or creative writing.

Lack of marketing and visibility made worse by poor quality employees

Sales (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsCan take time off, no need to be responsive or work due to lack of follow-up, sexy co-workers

ConsLack of marketing and visibility is made worse by incompetent employees who are chosen for being tight with senior VPs instead of knowing anything or being team players.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management??

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

progressive leadership - Management FAIL

Manager (Former Employee)
    Newcastle, England (UK)

ProsYou'll be safe in the knowledge that your colleagues are in the same boat. The people you work with day to day are great, good vibe!

ConsHowever, middle management are so out of their depth that depth that your experience may be an inconsistent one. Shifting targets, managers under pressure, often leads to poorly handled communication of expectations. This is prevalent in the Brand/Marketing department, where (apparently) experienced managers and heads of department display all of the traits that simply won't get the best from their people or get a good job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip or re-evaluate if you're cut out to be a people manager at all. I was at a senior level at this business for some time and always found it easier to get what I need ed from the exec or CEO than Peers or those that managed me and my teams. This could be a great place to work!

Sage UK

Manager (Current Employee)
    Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

ProsCore team are nice to work with

ConsVery Political, poor experience in senior positions and lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementStart making decisions

Part of a large organisation, but felt like it was a start-up. Confusing with no real structure

Manager (Former Employee)
    Winnersh, England (UK)

ProsThe nature of the work is interesting if you want to get into the small-medium size enterprise market and ERP solutions. Some chance of international travel as well. Benefits if you are in management are good and rather flat hierarchy. Acts like an independent company from the main Group, however has close ties to its' company in France and most of the work is performed with the support of France.

ConsMost of the consultants are new and think they know everything. The structure and practices have been very confusing. It felt like at times that no one knew what they wanted to do when they grew up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a far reaching global organisation. Look around the middle-management tier and ensure that a clear structure is implemented with clear roles & responsibilities.

People Focused organisation

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsEmphasis on people development
    Brand is improving, fresh and new

ConsJust starting to become leading edge with new technology and markets

started great but then quick went down hill

Sage (Current Employee)

Prosgood product, go springboard to another job

Consinconsiderate, target driven, secerative easy tyo sack

Advice to Senior Management1

Nice place to work, good pay. Little things that can be a nuisance.

Telesales Associate I (Current Employee)
    Richmond, BC (Canada)

ProsThe pay is good. In a sales position the commission is great if you can do a good job. It's not that difficult of a job.

ConsManagement hasn't done very good in certain areas. For example we work at a call centre, yet I couldn't find an accurate and centralized reference sheet for extensions. Someone explain how that can be?

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have an accurate and consistent reference sheet for extensions. We work in a call centre why is there not one, and if there is why doesn't anyone know about it?

good people, crappy management

Customer Support (Current Employee)
    Richmond, BC (Canada)

Pros-good benefits
    -start with 3 weeks vacation
    - great coworkers

ConsManagement can be incompetent. They often make changes and confuse customers. They seem to be constantly following the lead of their largest competitor (they did it so we should).

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a clear long term strategy and stick to it. Stop trying things out and then reverting back when you encounter backlash. Just use common sense!

Worked for Sage UK Ltd.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sage UK Ltd. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sage UK Ltd. CEO Paul Stobart. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Sage UK Ltd. employees.