Sagent Partners

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Drew Conway

An amazing company to work for

ProsGreat people who are passionate about doing their jobs well. Location is also great, located right in Tysons. Competitive benefits.

ConsThe commute to Tysons is a little bit rough, there is a lot of traffic

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

No complaints, great company that is easy to work with in the IT contracting and staffing world.

Contractor (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsCompetitive pay
    Strong Benefits
    Ability to hold your security clearance
    Account Managers and Recruiters are professional and easy to work with
    Easy onboarding

ConsNone that I can think of. They are a pretty standard IT contracting shop in the area

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Categorically one of the worst places you to at in the area...

Staff (Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsThe pay is okay
    The location is alright (Tyson's off route 7)
    The building is clean
    Young staff and small company feel

ConsIt's a wonder that this small recruiting company is still afloat with how much money it must spend to keep the doors open.

There is next to ZERO training
    The company vision is unimaginably plain and narrow.
    This is not the 90s... don't assume that things work the way they did then.
    There are very few processes in place and anytime there is a problem finger pointing ensues right away.
    The hours are 8:30 - 5:45ish and you don't get a lunch break.... it's more like a lunch 30 minutes.
    Hard work is not rewarded much less noticed
    Epic favoritism
    Most classic version of nepotism you've ever seen
    Hair plugs

Do not work here... This is not a stepping stone or even an opening into something better. You don't gain any skills here besides learning how to dial a phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to run a company in this decade. Stop putting everyone down in a negative way and use your employees strengths to your benefit. Don't flaunt your role within a company unless you've actually proven your worth and usefulness.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Body Shop with Good Salary and Benefits

ProsSalary is excellent and benefits have greatly improved over the years. Healthcare costs are reasonable and they now offer matching 401K benefits. Kudos to the CEO for making this happen. They leave you to work independently on your contract.

ConsThis is a body shop. Aside from quarterly happy hours, you'll never hear from them except for timecard reminders. When your project comes to an end, there is no bench, no severance, no attempt to place you on another contract or even communicate with you about other opportunities - that's right, NO communication to say thanks, we'll provide a reference, you'll hear from HR regarding Cobra, etc. This isn't a bad thing as long as you realize what you're getting into when you accept a position with them (some people are actually looking for this). Home office staff are very nice and try to be responsive, but they are young and often inexperienced. I don't think there is anyone at the home office over the age of 30. Everyone is young and inexperienced at some point in their life, and thank goodness for the opportunity to start in an entry level position and grow, but when you don't have any seasoned and experienced staff, the company appears unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy not focus on developing your staff and working to place them on other existing or potential contracts? Invest in some seasoned and experienced staff members to augment the recent college grads and those who are less experienced.

Great people, who care about doing their job well.

ProsSagent offers a very positive work environment, and an attitude of integrity in everything that they do.

I disagree with some of the negative reviews on here, they were never dishonest with me or anyone else I worked with. It is a great team environment which gets a lot accomplished and I am very satisfied with my experience with Sagent.

ConsThere are none that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the job well.

Your Basic Government Contractor

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe benefits are great and the salary is competitive. The recruiter I dealt with worked very hard to find me a perfect fit.

ConsOnce hired, there is very little contact with the company. There is no orientation, no training, no face-to-face with an HR or management person. There is no explanation of benefits, policies, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd an orientation day!

It was very discouraging, a lot of empty promises by the management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsOne or two of the onsite managers actually care about the employees.
    Location is great, directly on route 7 and just off the toll road.

ConsLittle to No training.
    No communication with upper management.
    New ideas are not considered.
    No team drive to succeed.
    A lot of talk about how success has happened in the past, but no plan on how to achieve it in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your internal staff, they are the ones that make sure your business stays up and running. If you disrespect them then you can not move in a positive direction.

Good pay, horrible experience

ProsThey are able to procure 1099 contracts that can be very lucrative.
    They also have a great FSO and can process background checks fast.

ConsExpect them to lie to your face about anything and everything to get you on a contract.
    Every benefit their recruiter promised me was cut in someway once I had given notice to my old company.
    Talking with their recruiters will most likely give you a headache.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more available to the people your direct reports talk to. It seems impossible to contact a manager, let alone find one who cares.

great place

Prosthe office is located in vienna virginia. Tyson's corner is a nice place to work although the traffic is heavy.

ConsThere are limited downsides to working for this employer. Vienna, VA is a busy area with a lot of traffic. Otherwise, good place

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much advice to management. Everything is fine. Tyson's corner is a happening area although the traffic is not very good

Worked for Sagent Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sagent Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sagent Partners CEO Drew Conway. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Sagent Partners employees.