www.saggezza.com

3.9

Arvind Kapur

Great Company and Even Better People

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company before where 99% of the employees seemed to actually enjoy their job or coming into work. I had a feeling this would be the case during my first phone screen. The recruiter was friendly, knowledgeable and we hit it off really well. When I came in for both rounds of interviews everyone I interviewed with was exactly the same way. I kept my fingers crossed for an offer and once I received it I could not have been more excited. The onboarding team made me feel welcome, they were organized, and everyone in the office was willing to help get me acclimated to the company. I got lucky coming on board at the time I did because the out of state executives happen to be coming in town that month, all of whom were very approachable and made me feel welcome. I have been an employee for about 6 months now, and the people here still impress me with their knowledge and friendly, down to earth attitudes. The company goes out of their way to reward employees for their hard work with reward programs and organized company events outside of the office. I think it says a lot about a workplace when you spend 8 hours in an office together then want to be around those same people after working hours.

Cons

The company is growing really fast and its hard to keep up with all the new faces

A great internship experience

Former Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was given real work and real independence during my summer at the Chicago office. Everybody there really wants to help you succeed, and they give you time to create work that you're proud of. Upper management listens to its employees, and the company culture as a whole values good ideas over titles. It's a company that encourages personal growth, and it made for an amazing internship.

Cons

I can see how monthly paychecks could make budgeting a bit tricky.

Great place for an internship

Former Employee - Data Science Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Data Science Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saggezza as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best company cultures you will find anywhere. From day one I was treated as an employee and given challenging tasks that matter. While I used mainly Java, I was expected to have skills in Python, Hadoop, Linux shell/bash, SQL, and a number of web languages, all as part of the job. Anything I didn't know, someone was willing to teach. This is a company that wants each employee to succeed, offering help along the way and an incredible resource for my future career now that the internship has ended.

Cons

Was at a cramped desk for awhile because company keeps bringing in new hires. Expanded to a new office recently.

The intern program was a successful experience.

Returning Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This growing consultancy is positioned for great success! I'm returning to Saggezza, Inc., to help continue driving sales and be part of a local success story. The management team has added some key individuals who, with existing leaders, are helping to re-define what a data driven, experience-centric enterprise can do when given the right - and the best - tools.

Cons

We're constructing additional space to accommodate the growing number of Chicago-based employees.

Fun, relaxing atmosphere

Current Employee - IT Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Saggezza gives you plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. It's a laid back relaxing atmosphere. People are nice and easy going as long as you do your job. Upper management gives you a lot of room to take control of a project

Cons

Space in the Chicago office is a bit small. Some people have to work on a long table with others. Hard to get personal space. Saggezza is expanding in a few weeks though so that should add some more room

Management

Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mid-size company with large company assets and small company innovation. Culture of excellence, and accountability to the customer and employee.

Cons

Keeping up with the growth of all the innovation produced by Saggezza in an Emerging Technology environment.

Keep investing and promoting Saggezza core values with an eye on our most important assets. Our customers and employees

Innovative, Invested in Professional Growth, & Good Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Saggezza offers one of the best benefit package I have seen in the industry including PTOs, Health Insurance, and Health Saving Accounts. It's a smaller company where you get opportunities to connect and have a conversation with C-level Executives and Directors on a daily basis. If you see something that can be changed and developed, you have opportunities to make it happen. Saggezza focuses on your personal and professional development by offering monthly wellness programs, mentoring programs, shark tanks, and management check-ins. Location is also great! There's a gym in the building and catered breakfast every Friday. Overall, great opportunities and learning experience.

Cons

You will always have something to do. Not necessarily a con but you have to be a motivated hard worker.

Keep up the good work. As we grow, let's not forget the foundation we've built to really invest in our employees.

Awesome entry level experience

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of opportunity to get real world experience and you get to learn a lot about how software is developed. I really enjoy working at Saggezza and I have a lot of fun developing code that impacts so many projects and people.

Cons

Management is a lot hands of and it doesn't always help when you don't know where you are headed.

Start talking to lower level people

Amazing...

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone holds great respect for colleagues, clients and job. The company appreciates it's employees. Have opportunity to work with intelligent people with great ideas and problem solving skills.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are required to maintain excellence. However, office culture and leadership emphasizes work-life balance frequently.

Continue to focus on maintaining the office culture as the company continues to grow in various geographies.

A Family with Entrepreneurial Spirit with Belief in their Employees

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day I come into Saggezza, I know that my team has my back. It truly is a "we" mentality, and not a lone wolf environment.
    Some of the best aspects of my jobs are:
    -Work with cool technologies that consistently push me to look for what is best for the client, not what is easiest to implement.
    -The ability to have direct line of communication with leadership. If something needs to be changed, all it takes is communication, and Saggezza takes the improvement to heart.
    -Fosters an entrepreneurial attitude - if you think you could make Saggezza a better place and have a solution, they will empower you to make it happen.
    -Cool agency approach without the sacrifice to work/life balance.
    -Nurturing teams that places importance on training and education. If you want to learn a new technology, you are provided with numerous training opportunities (not only virtual - but one-on-one)
    -Competitive Pay and benefits

Cons

-Space - any growing company is going to struggle with space. With that being said - I understand that moving a company or expanding takes lots of effort and it appears like they are moving in the right direction.
    -Website messaging and consistency - love the new design, however I feel like the messaging that sells Saggezza needs to be tightened up. We do a lot of cool things, but I think some of our most powerful work isn't highlighted.

There are a lot of really cool things happening at Saggezza that may not be visible to the entire company. More direct communication (maybe a monthly CEO update) could really help Saggezza employees understand the bigger picture.

Saggezza Photos