Saggezza

Arvind Kapur

Amazing...

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEveryone holds great respect for colleagues, clients and job. The company appreciates it's employees. Have opportunity to work with intelligent people with great ideas and problem solving skills.

ConsSometimes long hours are required to maintain excellence. However, office culture and leadership emphasizes work-life balance frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on maintaining the office culture as the company continues to grow in various geographies.

Awesome entry level experience

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

ProsA lot of opportunity to get real world experience and you get to learn a lot about how software is developed. I really enjoy working at Saggezza and I have a lot of fun developing code that impacts so many projects and people.

ConsManagement is a lot hands of and it doesn't always help when you don't know where you are headed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart talking to lower level people

A Family with Entrepreneurial Spirit with Belief in their Employees

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEvery day I come into Saggezza, I know that my team has my back. It truly is a "we" mentality, and not a lone wolf environment.
Some of the best aspects of my jobs are:
-Work with cool technologies that consistently push me to look for what is best for the client, not what is easiest to implement.
-The ability to have direct line of communication with leadership. If something needs to be changed, all it takes is communication, and Saggezza takes the improvement to heart.
-Fosters an entrepreneurial attitude - if you think you could make Saggezza a better place and have a solution, they will empower you to make it happen.
-Cool agency approach without the sacrifice to work/life balance.
-Nurturing teams that places importance on training and education. If you want to learn a new technology, you are provided with numerous training opportunities (not only virtual - but one-on-one)
-Competitive Pay and benefits

Cons-Space - any growing company is going to struggle with space. With that being said - I understand that moving a company or expanding takes lots of effort and it appears like they are moving in the right direction.
-Website messaging and consistency - love the new design, however I feel like the messaging that sells Saggezza needs to be tightened up. We do a lot of cool things, but I think some of our most powerful work isn't highlighted.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a lot of really cool things happening at Saggezza that may not be visible to the entire company. More direct communication (maybe a monthly CEO update) could really help Saggezza employees understand the bigger picture.

A company where I can truly see myself growing professionally...

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

Pros- The environment here is full of really positive people. For instance, the Office Manager is always trying to put smiles on everyone's faces whenever possible.
- Great direct manager who has Trust. No micromanagement here. If someone is producing well, management will let the reins go. For me, that's crucial, especially allowing me to grow more in my role.
- Training/Certification is available here (if applicable to your role, of course), which is great.
- C-Level Management really want to get to know everyone and they are all very approachable...something you don't see at most companies. On top of that, they are very intelligent and know this industry well.
- They really try to bring all business units together with weekly Stand Ups for the entire Chicago Office, which is nice.
- The office holds happy hours and fun events to increase company moral and culture...it's definitely a plus.
- The Wellness Committee is also something I think is great. We all need to continue or start to be healthy. It's good to know this company cares about that aspect of life.

Cons- There have been issues with certain personalities here that don't seem to get addressed, even if multiple people have brought attention to it.
-Sometimes a bit too quiet in the office, but the OM usually tries to get people to liven up a bit.
- Travel to the client cannot be expensed if it's not over a certain mileage. It would be nice, especially for those who need to travel consistently.

Advice to Senior Management- If there are issues brought up by multiple people with project staffing, difficult personalities, or employees explicitly lacking skill/accountability, try to address it or show some attempt at a mitigation plan.

A catalyst for knowledge and experience.

Interactive Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

ProsSaggezza is an ever growing company, and with that said, one is expected to be able to wear multiple hats. This is great incentive for employees of any level to stick their foot into any one of the many open doors. Saggezza also strongly encourages the growth and development of it's employees. As a developer/designer, you will be expected to utilize Saggezza's plentiful knowledge resources, not only for your own self-fulfillment, but for the betterment of the team. There exists a vast network of intra-office communication channels for sharing anything from puzzling questions, to great new ideas, and lessons learned. Since the short while that I've been working here, I've grown so much more as a developer, then I ever could have without the communal efforts of my team.

ConsBecause Saggezza is so new, it sometimes requires it's employees to assume some high level responsibilities despite lacking the necessary experience to achieve optimal results. (back to the wearing of different hats, but sometimes the hats don't necessarily fit). More specifically, I'm often asked to conduct interviews for positions that are unrelated to my own experiences, and oftentimes these positions I'm screening for require someone with at least a decade of experience over my own to fill it. Talk about nerve racking, but at the same time the company at least understands the less than ideal nature of this situation, and only ever expects me to do no more than my best, and so to transform this from a con to a pro, I just maintain the mindset that no one ever gained anything by not stepping outside of their comfort zone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice for management is to put more effort into recruiting at Indiana University. There are a lot of talented up and coming developers looking for work at a school with a technology department that is widely understated.

I was referred to this company through ICS and very happy they made this relationship happen.

Lead Front End Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saggezza as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI appreciate the collaborative environment that this place fosters, I have been able to grow a little more as a programmer and as a IT professional. This place has a very youthful vibe as well, you have to ability to not only enhance your professional knowledge but mold a new college graduate into a better programmer. These guys work very hard and are acquiring a nice range of projects, so you have the opportunity to move around to different projects and not get bored. Also, at least once a month they have very engaging lunch sessions, where employees share something they are passionate about or show the progress of their current project.

ConsWith any company being a contractor can be tough, so you miss out on something of the fun things they only offer to full-time employees.

Learned what not to do at this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

ProsLocation
International offices
Visibility to clients
Employees start off driven

ConsPersonal information (salary, what is discussed in private meetings, etc.) is not kept CONFIDENTIAL!!!
Poor leadership - not aligned, fight for resources, do not support each other, lack of accountability
Inability to make decisions
Do not deliver on promises
Lack of transparency
Terrible communication
Unorganized
No processes or structure
Do not develop talent
Zero loyalty
Crowded office
Unfair policies
Risks or issues are very rarely resolved
Cliquey work culture
Weak compensation packages
High turnover
Employees seem to hit a breaking point and just stop caring

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain and help develop your talent. You hire some great people but it's easy to get demoralized in that type of corporate environment.

Good people, Good location, Terrible Vision, Awful Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Saggezza full-time

ProsGood location, subsidized gym membership, improved benefits (but still subpar for industry), standard PTO policy, good work / life balance, great people in Chicago office, monthly happy hours, bagel Fridays

ConsSales/Marketing: Not allowed to use any current client logos on website. No sales process. Extremely limited resources for demos/campaigns.

HR: Poor at best. During my time here, HR inadvertently released all confidential information (SSN, compensation, address) to all the employees by giving everyone the same password without acknowledgement or apology. My total compensation package was not on file with HR since it was sent in a separate email outside of the payroll “system.” HR’s payroll “system” didn’t have my current address on file. When my current company called HR to verify my employment, they could not reach anyone. After I left the company, it was difficult to get my 401k released. It was only released after 9 email reminders and 2 voicemails were sent. I received no response.

Leadership: Lacks vision. I was told by senior executive that I “took a bad bet.”

Structure: Non existent. You will find no org charts here. No formal processes. I reported to 2 different people - neither of whom had prior experience in the field. I applied to and accepted a position listed as a “consultant - mid level.” Upon joining, they changed my title to an entry level position - Associate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart addressing the employees' concerns, instead of worrying about your ratings on glassdoor after they resign.

Great mix of global consulting reach and local, entrepreneurial feel

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for less than a year

Pros-Approachable and responsive leadership really care for the company and its employees, and are attentive to new ideas from the ranks
-Small enough to feel like you can influence the firm, but large and robust enough to have global resources and stability
-Makes for a great transition from Big 4 consultancies for people looking to get off the road and invest themselves in the local market
-Exciting growth potential personally and for the firm
-Fun work culture with a good work/life balance and sharp colleagues

ConsIndividual Business Units can feel siloed, so it's important to stay plugged into firm-wide meetings and events.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in and drive an innovative, entrepreneurial mindset with employees.

Great company to work for coming out of college

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saggezza full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere and employee networking, Ability to rise quickly into new roles, Work closely with senior management, Great projects with Fortune 500 companies

ConsTravel reimbursement policy is poor for a consulting company

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on one benefit, like the travel policy, and stay focused until it is to the point where it is very competitive in the industry. I think as a company we are spread a little thin with an average travel policy, 401K match, rewards program, etc., when we could focus on one area and make it great. Travel reimbursement is a big issue as we should offer incentives to employees to want to be billable working at a client location. Currently your effective pay is higher if you are on the bench working from the downtown HQ.

Worked for Saggezza? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saggezza reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saggezza CEO Arvind Kapur. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Saggezza employees.