Saia Motor Freight

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
3.2

Rick O'Dell

Pros
  • great pay and benefits good time off and work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, not overly strict, guarded parking lot, great co workers, and good management (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has absolutely no clue what I do and my management shrugs it off when (in 7 reviews)

• Still using some old equipment, and most major decisions are not made at the terminal level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Best trucking company around!

Current Employee - City Driver in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - City Driver in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee recognition is second to none, great team environment with managers and other drivers. New equipment. Feels like a family.

Cons

Central dispatch if you work linehaul can be tough to deal with, confusing at first.

Thank you!

Awesome

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management, training, benefits and pay

Cons

I haven't come across many cons if any since employed

Keep moving in this direction

No advance

I worked at Saia Motor Freight

Pros

Good pay good group of coworkers paid holidays well some what weekly paycheck

Cons

Management sucks show a lot of favoritism to certain dock workers also he causes it to be a hostile environment by coming out on the dock

Treat everyone as equal and stay in your office and let supervisors run the dock

2 years dock worker/hostler

Current Employee - Dock Worker/Hostler
    Current Employee - Dock Worker/Hostler

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay. Will work you a lot on full time. Good benefits. Good opportunities to move up. Good place to work if you're single

Cons

Work you too much sometimes, 60+ hours/week. Supervisors withhold important info that could make the night easier. Communication is terrible between supervisors and employees. Never know when/if/how long you're working. Good ol boys club.

Same freight paperwork for both shifts.

Try em out

I worked at Saia Motor Freight

Pros

Fast paced
    Good wage per hour.

Cons

Supervisors dont care what you do
    Your not held accountable for someone misloading
    trailers ect

having to freeze in the winter

Good Ol Boy Club...beware!

Former Employee - Sales Support in Johns Creek, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at Saia Motor Freight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the people in the office are friendly, decent pay

Cons

Management, HR being in management's back pocket, toxic attitudes of some of the people in the office, resistance to change by some managers

Take concerns of employees more seriously when they involve management. Stop acting like a good ol boy club! Manager made it up in his mind to get rid of me, despite the improvements I made on the job. He provided little to no support to build me up since I wasn't one of his favorites. The sad part is that even his favorites walk on egg shells due to the guy's moodiness. I raised the issue with HR, with documentation, only to have my fate sealed. If you go to HR and complain on a manager, there's a good chance you'll get the axe.

Company is very unethical!

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight

Pros

Cannot give any pros for this company.

Cons

Watch out! This company makes decisions without regard to its employees. Upper Management only cares about their paycheck, not their employees. Over the many years I have worked here I have seen first hand their dishonest and dishonorable way they treat their employees and could care less.

Care about the employees who make you the "Big Bucks" due to their hard work.

Billing Department is very unpleasant

Current Employee - Night Billing Clerk in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Night Billing Clerk in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and medical benefits. That's it.

Cons

Management creates a very hostile and low morale environment. No opportunities for advancement within the department. Promotions are not based on job performance or seniority but on who management feels would keep a tight lip on unfair and discriminatory practices. Department needs a serious overhaul in management in order order to boost morale in employees for them to care about the needs and goals of the company. I forsee a discrimination lawsuit against the company in the future if upper management does not take a closer look and interest in the Billing Department and if certain changes aren't made.

Pay attention to your Corporate billing department and the practices of management.

Dont care about veteran drivers, only numbers with corporate

Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

After 10 years free benefits, youll need it cause no bonuses, or raises in years, also, nice co workers

Cons

Management does not or care to follow up with details with customer issues, freight damages, time constraints, bunch of pen pushers in cold air con rooms deciding, how fast travel time and delivery should be, never give safety bonuses, a piece of paper and a patch, even if your customers are happy and you get awarded isaia , all you get is a pat on the back, they over hire and started giving even veteran drivers 3 to 4 day work week with no on call pay! No regular hours of work week even after 10 plus years of service, cannot support family of 4 on salary, they gave $1 raise since 5 years, you are not judged individually as a productive part of team, they give raises when they feel like it, the company has declined no longer have compassion and reliability, its sad to see companys that are too far out of touch with their loyal employees, too much money for corporate they get the bonuses, drivers families suffering, no company picnics, bonuses, safety bonuses, christmas party, drivers and employee morale is low

Look at employees based on individual merit and contribution to the company, a guy who just got a job 2 yrs is making the same amount of money as a vetran of 10 years, who has proved and has kept productivity high and kept customers happy, stop overhiring, if u cant even give regular drivers hours they deserve,

Controlling

Current Employee - Claims Associate in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Claims Associate in Houma, LA

I have been working at Saia Motor Freight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and insurance

Cons

Controlling managers, pointed for everything, stressful environment

Learn to relax and make the job and employees feel more valuable