www.saintalphonsus.org

Rodney Reider

Incredible company!

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Values driven, patient centered and mission oriented. Fun, caring employees who truly care for each other and the work they do.

Cons

There are pockets of poor management. These leaders don't embrace change and are allowed to stay negative instead of working on being positive or offering solutions.

Nurse

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center

Pros

Great people to work along side.

Cons

Poor benefits and salaries. Only merit raises and then only 2%. Doesn't even meet cost of living inflation,

Fight for your employees

Not a very supportive department

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center part-time

Pros

Able to work independently and flexible hours

Cons

Difficult to get time off, other department employees not supportive of covering addition work while out on vacation. Manager doesn't get involved in conflict making situations tense. Overall, okay place to work. Fair benefits, but poor pay compared to other local jobs.

Give management positions to those who will manage and take control.

Former Employee who went on to greener pastures....

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Boise, ID

I worked at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was good to have a job with so many people out of work in this country. Provided in-depth orientation and training at start of employment, but it was so poorly organized that it took twice as long as was needed.

Cons

Benefits cut dramatically in last 3 years. Poor staffing patterns. Yet management continues to be "fat cats" with big salaries, big bonuses. Management parking lot empty every weekend and every afternoon after 3 o-clock. Highly political environment that requires that you partner with clicks to be successful. Lack of support from management. The computer system - a creation of the Trinity system who owns the hospital - is a mistake waiting to happen. Not user friendly. Makes nurse prone to mistakes. Medical records are riddled with mistakes.

Management incapable of partnering with employees. Top down take orders approach. Lack of sincerity and true appreciation of what employees go through everyday. Management lacks experience in anything but ivory tower thinking. Cannot come down off their pedestal to truly appreciate what their employees do. Management very rough with employees when they have concerns and do not act in a professional manner. Just have a "shut up and put up" attitude. Not at all like the Magnet hospital I now work at....

Good place to work, just don't make enemies.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great to work for an organization that helps people and the community. Good ability to have a life outside of work and take care of family and personal things when they come up.

Cons

Very political. Make the wrong enemy and you could be limited in your career. Compensation leaves a little to be desired. Increases (if you get one) are very small.

Worked here for 12 years

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Boise, ID

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great folks work here. Decent nurse-patient ratios (when we're fully staffed).

Cons

Don't consistently get raises. They took away several benefits 3 years ago, including matching our 403b contribution.

Hire some employees to fill all of the nursing holes in the ER and other units.

Good, but just the beginning

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Boise, ID

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great mission
    Work with employees around wedding etc.
    Courteous HR

Cons

All new employees start nights

pays well for the area

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center

Pros

healthcare, getting time off is fairly easy

Cons

policies are often not followed. pay is all over the place for the same job

if there is a policy in place, it should be followed, otherwise it's just so much lip service...

Started good now...bleh

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center

Pros

Decent benefits pakage, nice new building to work in. Co-Workers are awesome and always willing to lend a hand, especially in tough situations.

Cons

Pay is extremely dissapointing, been employed for many years and make what a new hire makes in my same position. No opertunity for advancement, senior and middle managment see you as just a number and not as a real person.

increase wages, do somethin, anything to increase staff morale. Dont do things just for the bottom line. Be honest with your employees, it goes a long way.

co-workers kind and supportive

I have been working at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center

Pros

Co-workers who care about their patients and each other is what I like most about my job at SARMC. My nurse manager has strong leadership skills.

Cons

Compensation is not adequate at SARMC and continues to be an issue with nurses on the unit where I work. The physicians on my unit do not appear supportive or interested in the nurses opinions.

Management showed lack of respect for nursing when they failed to celebrate or acknowledge Nurses Week. Giving "I've been bucked" dollar rewards for good performance is an insult. Change that motto quickly.

Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center Photos