Saint Cloud Hospital
www.centracare.com Saint Cloud, MN 5000+ Employees

Saint Cloud Hospital Reviews

Saint Cloud Hospital – Saint Cloud – “St. Cloud Hospital's East Tower”

A great place to learn and practice your skills as a student with various medical staff with diverse backgrounds!

Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee)
    Saint Cloud, MN

ProsGet to work with 20+ pharmacists with various backgrounds. The pharmacists there are great teachers and take the time to answer your questions. Work two different shifts; medication reconciliation and check floor/omnicell medications. Plenty of opportunities to interact with patients and medical staff on the floors. Get to go to educational presentations while on the job. The hospital pays for you to get your Basic Life Support certification and pays for your renewal course (on campus education). Most pharmacist at the hospital are licensed preceptors with the MN Board of Pharmacy, so you can get your paid pharmacy intern hours signed off. Work full time all summer long (40 hours/week) and the opportunity to work during other school breaks.

ConsThe review process occurs only once at the end of each summer in August. As an intern, I would like to hear more of what I can work on more often. Work every other weekend during the summer. No vacation time during the summer; last on the list to request vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback to students on their progress (once a month during the summer). More learning opportunities through on-site projects.

Loved my first four years there, hated the rest.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)
    Saint Cloud, MN

ProsCoworkers.
    Patients.
    Career Goals
    Not enough pros to stay.

ConsChanging of management and rules.
    Spend too much money on "improvement"

Very good group of people

ProsThe people That I work with

ConsThe age of some of the equipment

Advice to Senior Managementupdate the equipment as they have been so that we have the most current equipment

Worked for Saint Cloud Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saint Cloud Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Saint Cloud Hospital employees.