Saint Elizabeth Health Care
www.saintelizabeth.com Markham, Canada 5000+ Employees

Saint Elizabeth Health Care Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014
Saint Elizabeth Health Care – “To Honour the Human Face of Health Care”

Shirlee Sharkey

good

I have been working at Saint Elizabeth Health Care

Prosin SEHC, the hours are decent

Consin SEHC, pay is under market by about 10%

Good place to work with friendly colleagues.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care part-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible work environment and people are friendly and helpful. Able to work independently and acquire excellent clinical nursing skills. Good clinical supports in place.

ConsChanges take a long time to happen. Need to increase salary compared to other community nursing agencies. Not paid hourly but by the number of clients seen. Work longer than you are paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to understand changes that are happening at each location before bringing down new changes and not just operate in a vacuum.

There is always room for improvement.

Service Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Saint Elizabeth Health Care part-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are committed to providing the best service that you possibly can to accommodate for any patient needs, and you do not mind any significant challenges, and this may be a good fit for you.

ConsI have observed fellow colleagues back-stabbing or gossiping about other individuals in the office. There is also a lack of empathy on behalf of senior health care supervisors to the concerns made from administrative staff. There are even some patients that abuse the health care system, by filing complaints to the agency for every error made on our part, to even receiving threats and insults from the clients out in community.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to listen to your administrative staff. As well, consider hiring more staff to meet the exceeding demands of the services that you offer in nursing, personal support, and rehabilitation. Finally, managers should become more actively involved in tackling issues brought upon by clients, instead of trying to avoid responsibilities by moving it over to administrative staff.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Incompetent Mississauga Iffice

Visiting Nurse (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care part-time for less than a year

ProsNot having to see the folk in the office everyday

ConsHHS's are unsupportive, controling, and don't care about nurses that work for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementGet training and lean empathy for your nurses

Visiting Nurse For Mississauga Office

RN Visiting Nurse (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care part-time for less than a year

ProsBlackBerry,Autonomy where you can work along, opportunity to work with different age groups ( new born, children , elderly) and to provide care to clients in different settings ( in home, school, or long term care, schools) Opportunities to learn a variety of skills thru SEHC certifications, not confined to a building, or punching in and out, not tangled in office politics

ConsBlackberry Has no telephone capability, use your personal cell minutes,Management expects for Nurses to be accessible 27/7 via blackBerry. nCoordinators send emails all the time even when you workingBlackBerry Pay Errors GALORE, pay corrections aren't done in timely fashion and may wait 2 to 3 pay checks to get paid, Clients have too much control, Clients can specify visit times which gives nurses no control over their schedules, Coordinators and supervisors aren't well trained, Wear and tear on vehicle, Pay not competitive, lots of paper work- telephone time back and forth with Case managers, lots of faxing, Visits are unpredictable as clients can cancel without notice which means nurse loses money, not all visits are paid per hour but maybe 20 or 30 minutes duration by which a nurse will have to see more clients to make a decent check.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide competitive Pay Rate for nurses, Invest in Supervisor Training and Education, Higher Nurse Coordinators instead of those with High Diploma , Invest in Coordinator Training and Education throughout the Year, Devise a Structure for Nurses to get issues Resolved if HHS isn't Able to solve problems or concerns, Feedback on Orientation through a system via online or survey monkey,

Tough but fair

Nurse (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of work experience and people are generally nice. It is fun once you get into the flow of the week. You get to meet tons of new people and this work will teach you a thing or two about independence and responsibility.

ConsCoworkers will not go out of their way to help you. Like any job, it may become hard at first but eventually you start to get into the flow of the day. Unfortunately, you must go through this tough time on your own and many of the others in the health care team will not be very understanding. In team meetings, it may sometimes feel like a power struggle but finding at least one other person in the team to vent with usually works.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that teams are up to date with all kinds of up and coming technology that may be able to facilitate the field health care team with their daily work.

excellent work experience

I have been working at Saint Elizabeth Health Care part-time

Prosvery good experience with this company

Consno cons , I never experience any

Lots of learning

Representative (Former Employee)
Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care full-time for more than a year

ProsNice staff, close knit family enviroment
Open Communication

ConsCompensation and Benefits
Limited Career Progression

Management team is extremely disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Saint Elizabeth Health Care

ProsFair wage
Fair benefits
Nice people to work with

ConsUpper management fails to plan long-term strategies or goals.
Corporate restructuring has resulted in undefined roles or job descriptions for management.
Complete lack of communication regarding corporate issues or changes.
Poor job training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of your workers and staff. They are the reason your organization is still afloat.

Worked for Saint Elizabeth Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saint Elizabeth Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saint Elizabeth Health Care CEO Shirlee Sharkey. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Saint Elizabeth Health Care employees.