Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center

www.saintfranciscare.com

Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center – Hartford – “Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center”

Chris Dadlez

healthcare is stable employment if you don't end up hurt by a patient or emotionally burnt out

Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

Prospay
    tuition reimbursement
    time off
    overtime
    healthcare is stable

Consburn out
    bad for your mental health to be around the sick and needy everyday
    you will never feel important working here
    no promotions a mental heath worker can not be promoted to nurse manager
    a nurse assistant can not be promoted to nurse you must get a degree and re apply

Advice to Senior Managementmanage burn out with activities and breaks not just time off

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsActivities for employees such as cooking competitions, meet the Giants...

ConsParking is expensive in the garage

Great People in a Wonderful Organization

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsGreat people who believe in the hospital's mission.

ConsCulture resists change and does not always invest in new technology, specifically in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe "C" level needs to visit and work on the front lines more often. Go to Gemba!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad Place to Work !!!

Patient Transporter (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsMiddle management terrible, upper management worse. They do not care about its employees. High employee turnover, especially nurses. Low pay in all positions compared to surrounding hospitals, possibly because of its Catholic Hospital status.

ConsI like the employees and patients, however, there's just no money in it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat, and pay, your employees better !!!

It is a good part-time job.

Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) Grand Island, NE

ProsThe benefits were very good and a person working 32 hours a week had benefits.

ConsWorking with the nurses was terrible. The management did not care about the safety of the department when we had hostile patients. Privacy of the patients is none.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worring about the bottom line if you are a non-profit organization.

Remember the Mission of Saint Francis

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsAs an instution, I am proud to be in healthcare and I think there are some great dedicated health professionals who work here. The new mission statement of the hospital is the biggest reason I am proud to work here

ConsVery little profesionnal growth opportunities. My department does not promote from within but hires from the outside for management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake special attention and care of existing employees and provide a mentoring environment for them to grow

Worked for Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!