Saint Francis Memorial Hospital

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
CEO

1. My experience was unhappy.

I worked at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to help people.

Cons

No communications down the chain.

Advice to Management

Make people be accountable.

2. Death Trap for patient's and workers

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

There are no pros for woking with this hospital. I have been in situations were doctors have done procedures on patient's without an informed consent and it was all blamed on the bedside nurse. this is a death trap and I want out.

Cons

Recent situation: A woman was a full code and not doing well the nurse called the doctor many times and he refused to add orders to help save her life because he (the doctor) felt it would not be worth it. ( Yes she was confused but she had family that could have been her voice). SF is a death trap for workers and patient's what ever you do don't work here and don't come here as a patient.

Advice to Management

if the mission is humankindness that show some to your employes and patient's. To upper management walk the floors sometime and get to know the workers on the front line. The only thing Dignity Health is concerned with is MONEY....... So why not tell the public the truth ( They don't care about you unless you have insurance.

3. Frustrating to work in an environment without strong leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Staff includes some great people and for the most part it is a friendly environment.

Cons

A lot of dead wood that needs clearing to equalize employee skills and their responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Hire a President and address employee concerns.

5. Unprofessional management

Former Employee - Medical Records Intermediate Clerk II ROI in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is inline with bay area wages for a medical records intermediate clerk II who performs release of information.

Cons

I found management in the health information management department to be excellent with revenue cycle management however, the management team does not have the post secondary education or personnel management seminar training necessary to know how to mediate personality problems that arise between employees and management does not engage enough with employees to build repore but instead stays behind locked office doors. I was stunned by the inappropriate comments that were made to me by management that had nothing to do with my professional performance but everything to do with my personal and private existence.

Advice to Management

My advice to Dignity Health which is the parent owner of St Francis Memorial Hospital is to hire health information managers who have a minimum of a bachelor's degree and then to constantly and consistently train these managers in how to deal with the personnel aspects of managing such as team building techniques, mediation and the steps to offering constructive criticism to subordinates.

6. I served as Executive Assistant for two senior level executives.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people and the team-work environment.

Cons

We tended to operate without weekly work plans. We would respond to urgent business that could be handled as routine.

Advice to Management

Outstanding personnel in administration. I would recognize ancillary staff efforts.

7. Great place to work with wonderful people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people who work very well together for the good of the patients. Great benefits and compensation

Cons

Not in the best neighborhood - very close to the Tenderloin

Advice to Management

Would be great if there were more career opportunities at this hospital.

8. it is fairly okay place to work, however there is a lack of support and respect frontline staff

Current Employee - Patient Care in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Care in San Francisco, CA

Pros

it has friendly warm environment but lately morale low and job satisfaction low due to upcoming organizational chafes. employees do not feel valued

Cons

Lack of equal opportunityAnd fairness with career development

Advice to Management

should place more value on front line staff if you are really concerned about delivering quality care. also if there is really a concern about financial viability

RSS Feed </> Embed