Saint Francis University Reviews

3.6
Father Gabriel Zeis

1. Undergraduate Research

I worked at Saint Francis University

Pros

great professors, great experience, get paid more than minimum wage

Cons

Not much more than minimum, small school, limited opportunity

2. I was brought in as an instructor in training. The supervisor had unreasonable expectations,

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Loretto, PA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Loretto, PA

I worked at Saint Francis University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The town is quite beautiful, My neighbors and people who lived in the town were friendly.

Cons

The salary is low, For an office, they cram you into a small 7x6 foot room with another instructor. Low pay high hours.

Advice to Management

Perform assessments on department supervisors in order to make sure that they not only have knowledge in their field of study but also supervision and management abilities.

3. A fantastic time working in Torvian Hall

Current Intern - Pizza Chef in Loretto, PA
    Current Intern - Pizza Chef in Loretto, PA

I have been working at Saint Francis University as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are a joy to work with. Catering is challenging, but far more interesting than standard food service to the students. Torvian Hall takes pride in their work, never allowing food to run out on the students, even during the last hour of business.

Cons

There is less communication between the managers than I believe there should be. It makes catering events difficult when one manager tells you to set a table and the other wants you to cut a cake. Also, the rest of the school gives less respect to Torvian Hall than they deserve considering how well the students are taken care of.

Advice to Management

Communicate with each other more. It will help things go much more smoothly.

5. Upholding the Franciscan Standard

I have been working at Saint Francis University

Pros

Very Familial environment. Salt of the Earth People. Athletic Department does the best they can with the limited resources it is allotted.

Cons

Change in policies and procedures take time. Require a lot of patience.

Advice to Management

Strike a better balance between a "championship experience" for students and "upholding the Franciscan way"

6. Great starting point!

Current Contractor - Financial Graduate Assistant
    Current Contractor - Financial Graduate Assistant

I have been working at Saint Francis University as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work place is a family setting, everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Treated as an equal at all times. Beautiful campus on a mountain. Small school but still Division I. Get to know students since it is a smaller university.

Cons

The weather is very different, lots of snow! Driving around on campus can be tough with snow since its on a mountain. Not much around the area, 30 minute drive to main chain restaurants and stores. Office space is minimal.

7. experience met expectations, which were not high

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loretto, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loretto, PA

I have been working at Saint Francis University

Pros

Beautiful campus
    Typically low standards of performance so little pressure
    Support in Catholicism

Cons

If you aren't Catholic, you do not fit in
    Typically low standards of performance, so you you prefer excellence, you will not fit in
    Does not value employees. Deliberately and knowingly pays below median. All employees who are not professors are expected to be at work, on time, even if highways are closed due to blizzards and even if their job doesn't involve the feeding or care of students.
    Hypocritical in terms of valuing people and valuing the environment