Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Updated September 26, 2014
3.8

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics President & CEO Tom Kinisky
Tom Kinisky

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits although there is room for improvement to meet younger generations' expectations (in 7 reviews)

• years, which contributes to job security (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Busy,must be willing to work alot of hours (in 2 reviews)

• Different working schedule of other people (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Growth and Opportunity

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company provides, training, recognition and opportunity. You just have to make it happen.

Cons

The demands and pace at times can be overwhelming...however remember to focus on the need, and one step at a time...be honest to your timelines and yourself.

Breathe...sometimes we forget to take a breath before the next demand.

A Challenging Great Place to Work

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Diversity of working with different people across the globe. The benefit of working on projects that improve and better peoples lives.

Cons

For the amount of work we sometimes do not get the promotions and salary we deserve. Minimum recognition and rewards for patents.

For large projects offer a incentive for performance and completion of projects goals on time and to budget.

Passion and energy everywhere you go!

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture seems to grow stronger every day. Most of management is open to new concepts and ideas. I have never experienced micromanaging and have been treated like a trusted expert since day one. There's a lot of pride and passion behind our business that is reflected everywhere you look.

Cons

Some politics. Too few vacation days for entry-level employees.

Use My Saint-Gobain more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Mickleton, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Mickleton, NJ

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I was lucky to start working within the Performance Plastics division as a temp employee. Everyone in the office, in the plant and on the road supported my success on a day-to-day basis. The work is challenging yet it is very rewarding. I left the company at the end of my temporary contract as a parallel full-time position did not exist at the time. I miss my colleagues. People are smart and very dedicated. Saint-Gobain is one of the best companies to work for, anywhere.

Cons

Pay too much attention to head count; very difficult to get full-time positions approved, which causes really good people to look elsewhere.

Don't procrastinate-- keep your good people around.

Aug 20, 2014Talent & Development Manager

We are so appreciative that you took the time to post this review and although your time was shorter than you would have liked, we are happy to hear that it was enjoyable. Our people are doing great ... More

Phenomenal company for ALL generations!

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics really cares for its employees, both new and old. The company is not afraid to take risks and welcomes failures. I’ve never felt like I am being forced into a mold with PPL, I am allowed to be true to myself and the company embraces people who are unique and different. We are a company with a proud history and global recognition, and it is an honor to work with such innovative people on a daily basis!

Cons

Like others have said before, the approval process for certain items can take some time, but this is very common for companies of our size.

I would love to see an updated vacation policy, but ours right now is very compatible with other companies.

Aug 14, 2014Talent & Development Manager

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for our culture!

Great people, Great products, Great Environment

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

countless career opportunities, allowed to fail, encouraged to be different, forward thinking (innovation department), global, as much training as you need. Interesting products.

Cons

if you want something for nothing, this is not the place for you. Performance based merit increases may scare the non-performers.

keep doing what you are doing

Aug 11, 2014Talent & Development Manager

We are happy to hear you had a great experience with Performance Plastics and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

Very good

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits very good career opertunities

Cons

Busy,must be willing to work alot of hours

Make sure employees understand there job description

Aug 7, 2014Talent & Development Manager

We appreciate the time you took to submit your review. People Development is one of the eight pillars in our world class manufacturing program and remains a top priority to support employees' career ... More

not bad

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

decent pay, safe and clean

Cons

too much focus on saving money to actually innovate anything

Stable Company, Dedicated Employees, Comittment to Safety

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Merrimack, NH

Pros

The company has been around for almost 350 years = stability…can "weather the storm". Large company with locations in the U.S. and International affords employees endless opportunities for internal growth. Amazing number of employees with high years of service...dedicated & engaged workforce. Safety is number one and evident in the way the company operates daily.

Cons

Approval process for things can take some time due to the size of the company.

Stick on the path of continual improvement in all aspects of work. GREAT things are taking place and it is exciting to see and be a part of the changes!

Jul 31, 2014Talent & Development Manager

Thanks for the great feedback on our culture and work environment! We are looking forward to our 350th anniversary in 2015! While our global environment can be exciting and rewarding, it sometimes ... More

A GREAT PLACE to WORK, learn, and advance your professional and personal life

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  Northborough, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Northborough, MA

Pros

Strong, stable, financially secure company
    Proud history, and global recognition
    Innovation culture
    If you love to see the world, this company has opportunities for you!

Cons

Nothing in particular....I am required to travel quite a bit in my position, but that can be a big plus for many people...

Nothing in particular...I am required to travel quite a bit, but that can be a big plus for certain individuals

Jul 23, 2014Talent & Development Manager

Thank you for your review. We agree that Saint-Gobain has a rich history and are excited to celebrate our 350th anniversary in 2015! In Performance Plastics, we love to build on this foundation of ... More

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Photos

Worked for Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics? Contribute to the Community!