Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

84 reviews filtered by
3.6
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics President & CEO Tom Kinisky
Tom Kinisky

Pros
  • Pretty good benefits although there is room for improvement to meet younger generations' expectations (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits very good career opertunities (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Busy,must be willing to work alot of hours (in 2 reviews)

• Different working schedule of other people (in 2 reviews)

1. Production Supervisor

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding management team. Real concern for employee welfare. Safety, Quality, On-Time-Delivery in that order.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Great organization, nice research and nice people

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Flexible and full of innovation

Cons

no downsides found so far

3. Empowerment in career, mobility, and family. Innovative, engaged and creative culture.

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been able to grow my career through the support of my managers and the company. Mobility is more than just relocating to a new geography; it's flexing into new functions or Saint-Gobain businesses. Family obligations are understood and I have been able to be where I need to be, when I need to be there, for most of my children's activities. My coworkers are engaged, supportive and great people to be around. We do a lot of innovation-based activities and it's a very progressive business within the Saint-Gobain family.

Cons

Employees with "specialty skills", but with bad attitudes, are retained for fear of losing knowledge. As a result, we sometimes lose other contributors with great attitudes who have the drive and passion to learn those skills in time.

Advice to Management

Hire the type of people that will create your desired culture. Don't wait for those who can't or won't change...consider that these relationships may have run their course and consider moving them out of the business.

5. Good employer, good company, big and can be slow

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent employee treatment, typical big company benefits, TRUE emphasis on ethics, safety and environment. Lots of resources to back good ideas. Interested in becoming "a great place to work" - not quite there, but always seeking to improve. Always seems to make money, solid business.

Cons

Can be slow and bureaucratic at times. Resistant to take risks.

Advice to Management

Reorg your R&D groups! Your spending a TON of money and not getting anything...

Family-like, clean & safe working environment

Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

high-tech products that serves high end market products
    clean and safe environment to work
    less stressful working condition
    steady growth
    very big and well-know company (at least in Europe and B2B)

Cons

very steady working environment
    not much movement (promotion and change job) within departments / businesses
    slow and resistance in change

Advice to Management

need to invest on machineries as well as employee. employees are the one running those equipment.

Not really that good

Current Employee - Service Crew in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Service Crew in Akron, OH

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

overtime and my boss and my coworkers

Cons

working weekends and upper management

Advice to Management

None

It's not all fun and games.

Pros

This is a large, global company, which allows for some great benefits. There are nice travel opportunities, decent training options and a hard-working staff. Overall, the culture can sometimes be fun and there are multiple training opportunities, however in my experience you have to beg in order to get access to them, these should be more readily available.

Cons

The "fun" culture can sometimes feel like a lie because it isn't all fun and games and it can seem like they are trying too hard to be a fun place to work. Too much emphasis is put on employees in higher up positions, I know they are important but all employees help make this a great company.

Advice to Management

Put less emphasis on making this company seem fun to outsiders and instead build a culture that is fun and hardworking internally.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Response

Feb 23, 2015Director of HR

Thanks for your comments on Performance Plastics. You are right, I don't think we should be "working" to make work fun. After all, we are part of a 350 year old manufacturing company that is ... More

Learned a lot and had a great experience

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

HR is very helpful with any problems or issues. The workers are all very friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Cons

Management seemed secretive at times and yelled at engineers for mistakes. Very unorganized when dealing with customers and keeping work orders up to date.

SAD

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime. Vacation time is good.

Cons

If you aren't part of the group in the front office, they will make it difficult for you to work here, and push you until you quit on your own, or find a way to fire you. It has happened on numerous occasions.

Advice to Management

Management should not brag about their dislike of certain employees, and actually make fun of some of them. There are ears everywhere, and this is very unprofessional behavior. Favoritism runs rapid among the management team, and this needs to improve, so there is fair treatment among all employees.

Old industrial method, Do more with less!

Current Employee - Production in Portage, WI
    Current Employee - Production in Portage, WI

Pros

Paycheck, Overtime available, Steady hours, safe.

Cons

Management. mandatory overtime, rules aren't applicable to everyone, bureaucratic mess, poor communication.

Advice to Management

Over the last couple years they've lost focus on employees and quality which the company has suffered for. Management has created a culture of "you don't matter" to employees. Current operations and management- personnel relationships need to be examined. There is no trust in management anymore.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Photos