Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

nice place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Mishawaka, IN

Prosteamwork, benefits, company values, goals, technology

Consopportunity for advancement, compensation, repetition,

Good and Bad just like everywhere else

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGenuine care for their patients and employees for the most part. They have incredible benefits. Management tries their best to accommodate employees work/family life.

ConsJust like everywhere else, they are cutting staff or working with as few as possible which places stress on employees and work loads. Training varies depending on the department. Some departments take it very seriously, others, not so much.

This place is not what it says it is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTo work in a new facility. The place is beautiful and generally the infrastructure works.

ConsManagement is inept. They manage to control not to inspire. So many layers of incompetent managers. All of them proving the Peter Principle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to cover your own short comings and lead. So many of them are disconnected from the real world.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN

ProsGood education, invests in employees, diverse group of employees

ConsUnits are understaffed at times.

By far, the best place to be employed, period

Mishawaka, IN

Pros1) Managment and upper management are supportive of us and our initiatives. They also recognize exceptional performance in associates and grow employees
    2) I feel like we have very modern, up-to-date equipment that is top of the line, and when needed, there is access to capital purchases to provide the state-of-the art
    3) The benefits packages are the best I've seen at any employer.
    4) The Electronic Health Record, and the IT services and applications are definitely the best in the country. Much attention is paid to process flows, work flows, and education of staff.
    5) Being part of a larger National network of hospitals is good because you can transfer to a new location if desired. Also, it seems like the larger corporation helps give direction on things and we are not always inventing things from scratch
    6) You can notice the Catholic influence in the way that we dedicate effort to the poor and uninsured. There is always attention to make sure the mission is truly the focus.

ConsI cannot honestly think of a single con, this place is where I want to spend the rest of my career!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep following the Studer training, as that makes employees more confident in Leadership and keeps everyone in touch

I have worked at SJRMC for over 13 years - won't work at any other hospital in the area.

Mishawaka, IN

ProsFaith-based; caring people; committed employees; I work with the best team & have a great manager.

ConsAs with all big companies, sometimes the communication can be a bit slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have Town Hall Meetings and remember there are people behind those numbers.

Cardiovascular Tech in Cath Lab

Cardiovascular Tech (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

Pros*My co-workers were wonderful to work with...they were helpful and very knowledgeable.
    *very good benefits available
    *medical staff was also nice to work with

Cons*stayed late most days...very busy

Like going home. Felt very comfortable, safe and secure.

Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, IN

ProsMade to feel comfortable. In good hands. So very professional. Will go no where else.

ConsThere are absolutely none. They know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to offer. They know their jobs and execute them flawlessly.

No place for people

Supervisor (Current Employee)

Proshave to really stretch to think of one ....... pays in US $$

ConsI have been here for ten + years and desperately want to work somewhere else. I'd love to work
    across the river at our competition. This place has very very poor leadership - especially from the CEO on down. It hurts to say this - but it's soooo true.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new sign which reads, "Under New Management". That's inevitable b/c of your poor leadership and stunted communication skills.

Not very good - some bad players at the top - they can turn on you in an instant......

Manager (Current Employee)
    Mishawaka, IN

ProsThey pay fairly well - that doesn't look so good over time because of the stressful effort you expend watching your back and CYing Your A.

ConsManagement turns around like a revolving door in Macy's during the Christmas Holidays. They claim to follow a Catholic Mission - yeah right. Many good people have been cannon-balled out of there - just because they can .........

Advice to Senior ManagementYou won't listen so here's my advise: (blank)

Worked for Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center employees.