Saint Louis University Hospital

2.3

CEO

Staff nurse

I have been working at Saint Louis University Hospital

Pros

Great experience, great people, great doctors. Ability to work in high level ICU or level I trauma ER as a new grad.

Cons

Constant change and restructuring of middle management. Has become very schedule unfriendly.

This was a difficult place to work

Former Employee - RN BSN  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - RN BSN in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Saint Louis University Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many opportunities for overtime. That was really the only plus that you could work as much as you wanted and they offered retention bonuses

Cons

Difficult patients and family and poorly organized. Lots of travel nurses and high turnover. Very sick patients who are very demanding.

Lower the nurse patient ratio and increase the tech supply to the floor. That will enable you to keep staff.

Nightmare

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Saint Louis University Hospital

Pros

The only pros about this hospital were the actual patients and the cafeteria food was pretty good. Other then those two things I can't think of anything other pros.

Cons

The floor I was on was severely understaffed as is most of the hospital. The nurse to patient ratio was unsafe for the amount of care I was required to give. Most of the time my floor was without a health care tech; so not only did I have to fulfill my nursing duties, but I was also required to do tech work for a large amount of patients. Managers are not concerned about staff happiness nor do they are to help with staff’s concerned. I worked there for a couple months and the experience has been awful. Knowing how this hospital operates I wouldn’t recommend this hospital to anyone.

Listen to your staff. They are the eyes and ears on the floor while you sit in your office. When they have concerns take them seriously and don't make excuses about problems. Insted, try to fix them.

Worked for Saint Louis University Hospital? Contribute to the Community!