Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids)

www.smmmc.org
  www.smmmc.org

Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids) Reviews

Updated July 3, 2014
Updated July 3, 2014
1.0

CEO

Clinical staff

I have been working at Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids)

Pros

Autonomy... To the point of isolation

Cons

What people do is talk about how much they care about employees yet they do nothing to show it; the management only cares when everything is wonderful if you have a concern they are absent and disregard you! Profit, profit, profit, make money, make money, make money- not a mercyful at all!

Listen and DO something! Don't say care when you don't!

Poor place to work - beware

Former Employee - Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfortunately, my experience at Saint Mary's Health Care did not turn out well. The only pro I could relate is that the benefits were decent overall.

Cons

I had a horrible experience with my direct manager who would not talk to me for days. When she did communicate with me, she looked down on all of her employees in a demeaning manner. Her supervisor was oblivious to the situation and most of what occurred. The work environment was so toxic, I actually prayed and hoped I would get in a car accident on the way to work to avoid having to go in.

Look very closely at your management and the reasons for your employee turnover. If you truly care about your patients, the best way to improve patient outcomes is to have a healthy and happy workforce.

Good caring line staff, Moron management more worried about PC crap than protecting employees.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall decent pay rates. The line staff is very good at their jobs and skills. Hourly workers watch out for each other and patents. Educational openings if management feel your job is useful.

Cons

Management has very little regard for the welfare and safety of the of their hourly staff. They worry more about playing politics and playacting political correctness. It also makes no difference what their written policies state if one of them has a problem with you there are no options.

Start worrying about your staff more than every abusive waste of oxygen that stumbles in and face the reality of your facilities location.

Worked for Saint Mary's Health Care (Grand Rapids)? Contribute to the Community!