Saint Peter's University

Best university ever

Tutor (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Saint Peter's University part-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall classes, great people, happy atmosphere, strong brand name, good sports teams, great scholarships. We get great support from the entire SPU community. Excellent community service ideas.

ConsThere are not too many cons to discuss. Possibly the fact that it's in Jersey City in one of the less glamorous areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective in accepting students

Typical higher ed bureaucracy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Saint Peter's University

ProsThe employees are wonderful, caring individuals both to each other and the population the organization serves - the students. The majority truly believe in the mission of the institution.

ConsThere are far too many committees to make simple decisions. This was probably a result of no one person wanting to take responsibilty for any decision. If something fails, one could always fallback on the excuse "the committee decided". The excessive use of committees just slows everything down and is a time waster.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign individuals to complete tasks or make decisions rather than an entire group. This will also be a tool to seperate the poor decision makers from the superstars.

Small, not well known...possible potential...maybe

I have been working at Saint Peter's University

ProsLocation: Very close to everything

ConsSketchy neighborhood, low pay, older facilities, not diverse on the senior administration level yet it has a very diverse student population.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plays Favorites

I have been working at Saint Peter's University

ProsThe staff I worked with on a daily basis were extremely dedicated, cared about the students they served and were willing to perform duties outside of their job descriptions.

ConsThe executives and senior administrators had no idea what duties were performed by each employee and had very little input or contact. Employees in almost every area were paid far less than their peers at similar institutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the quality employees before they leave for "greener pastures". Rely less on Adjunct Professors and make effort to attract more qualified students.

Pay is too low for specific jobs and management overlooks hard work.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Saint Peter's University

ProsVery accomodating with work hours.

ConsLow level employees are not recognized for their hard work and dedication even after being employed by the college for over a decade.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize employees and raise the pay.

Worked for Saint Peter's University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saint Peter's University reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Saint Peter's University employees.