Saipem America

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mauro Piasere

Saipem has been a great place to work.

ProsSaipem gives you the opportunity to learn a lot about the industry.

ConsThere is not much room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no team building

Watch out for the back-stabbing.

"Engineer" (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsInitial salary....and that's about it.

ConsYearly raises average around 2% IF you're lucky. Other employees will not help you in any way and management won't make them help, yet expects you to perform miracles.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for some serious house cleaning - starting at the TOP.

Saipem America HR responded to this review Jul 2, 2014 EditDelete
    Raises average 10% and are awarded to employees based upon performance. Cost of Living Increases are equivalent to the market, which have averaged 2-3 %, and are given to ALL employees regardless of ... More

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation, but that is it

ConsThere is almost zero opportunity to move up depending on which department you are in, and if you are not Italian don't expect to ever move up to management. You won't even be considered even if you have more qualifications than the Italian being hired. This company does not appreciate their employees at all. Salaries are laughable and they don't give good raises, it doesn't even account for inflation because it's so small. Don't ever expect a bonus either. I'm surprised there aren't more lawsuits with their internal practices... They are obviously lucky but one day I am sure they will regret it. I left this place as soon as possible and don't regret it one bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they deserve, do reviews periodically (the real kind), let Americans into management and stop discriminating before you get into a lawsuit, and give better raises.... Especially if you are not going to give bonuses!

Saipem America HR responded to this review Jul 2, 2014 EditDelete
    Raises average 10% and are awarded to employees based upon performance. Bonuses average 12.5% and again are awarded based upon performance. Cost of Living Increases are equivalent to the market ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Whom ever wrote this was a 1950s mentality place was not wrong.

(Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsNot one except maybe location.

ConsPlenty. I gave up an opportunity working for a well respected American company for this place only because Eni is a renowned well known offshore construction company. That move on my part was a huge mistake but also a lesson learned. The place is very old and to me, has areas that are hazardous even to the employees. The company has grown employee wise a lot for what I see in one year so they cram employees in offices like sardines. You are lucky if you get a cubicle. The place is run like Communist Cuba. You are lucky if you get any supplies. The place was in my experience extremely unprofessional starting with HR, IT, and top management. They will have you working in unreasonable conditions with zero help, support, or guidance. They in a few days expect outstanding results with no support and will demand work to come out like pizzas out of a fast food restaurant. They are insulting, backwards, degrading and too unprofessional. I would stay away from this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to Italy or don't hire Americans. You are wasting your time and theirs. If you expect to work the Italian way then you will continue with the mess you have.

Saipem America HR responded to this review Jul 2, 2014 EditDelete
    I apologize that was your experience, but we have since made leadership changes in the areas/departments you mentioned.

Like working in a company in 1950's

Compliance Officer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI do not have any positive comments

ConsLow pay. Lots of turnover. They do not pay their vendors and make excuses on why not to pay. The amount of paperwork and beaucracy is horrible. No training and management is ex pats who think they don't have to abide by US laws.

A world wide organization specializing in Offshore Construction, Engineering, Installation and ROV's

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsExcellent benefits, work hours and location

ConsNew direction from ROV's to Offshore Engeering & Construction so we have a few learning curves

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with the employees

I love my company!

Planning Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsTeam, people, relations,family oriented, healthy enviorement, friendly higher managment

Conslower salary, benefits, promotion abilities,short on staff

Estimator

Estimator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood pay to start out with

ConsNo more pay after that.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your biggest assest, treat they well and they will produce for you.

Great benefits and great salaries

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsTheir benefit package is awesome! Their compensation is up to par with the industry and at least in my department there is room for growth.

ConsOther departments do not allow room for growth and sometime the attitudes of the managers can be a little anti-social.

Saipem is a totally disfunctional workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsUsually good about employees taking off for personal matters.

ConsThere is a huge lack of training for new employees/ Saipem has a problem paying vendors in a timely manor or at all...which reflects badly on the Co. as a whole. The management in general doesn't seem to care about the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to stop rewarding incompetence and act like they care about the employees they have. It would make for a less hostile work environment.

Worked for Saipem America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saipem America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saipem America CEO Mauro Piasere. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Saipem America employees.