Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue CEO and Chairman Steve Sadove

Steve Sadove

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Former Management Associate

Department Manager (Former Employee)

Pros1. Many, many decent and dedicated employees

2. Benefits

3. Work environment

4. I give Saks 5th Ave. 4 stars because I believe it is a great company even though some of the senior management is lacking in professionalism yet somehow continue to advance thru the organization. Of course, your experiences, good or bad, depend on your particular work location and supervisor.

Cons1. Performance standards are not always applied fairly. Senior management, with personal agendas, can sabotage a long career and you are powerless. Unfortunately, this can probably be said of every large organization.

2. Extreme stress to make sales numbers and open new credit accounts. Corporate believes this is easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to treat ALL associates fairly and equally. You are impacting people's lives.

I have enoyed this job more then any other I've worked for

Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee)
    Beverly Hills, CA

ProsBeverly hills Loc, Easy going people, professional standards, Lots of things to do nearby on break. Great co workers, when it all comes together it comes together.

ConsCan have a few self entitled people, The Beverly hills store has no near by freeway access and being La traffic is brutal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your peoples needs and the rest will keep flowing nicely

"High-class" hostility and back-stabbing

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Beverly Hills, CA

ProsName on resume, and very flexible scheduling, thats all.

ConsImage of company is deceiving! Brown-nosing coworkers and managers, no trust amongst anyone, HR enforces hostility and complaints against employees for no reason, draw pay structure = basically commissions only....and had to pay $80 a month in parking fees!

Here's the bonus: this company is so cheap, they served a bag of 99 cent hersheys kisses for employee appreciation week.....I could write a book about how misleading this company is for future fashion and sales / marketing professionals

Advice to Senior ManagementPay salary and commission, stop enforing hostile competition, train your managers to know how to use (or at least open) the registers. This was an embarassment of a company to work for.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

N/A

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Beverly Hills, CA

ProsPotentially Great Money if you work in a right department with good selling skills.

ConsCrazy hours, You can be not making much money due to their commision vs. draw system meaning you will not make commision from the firsr piece of merchandise you sell.

Advice to Senior Managementget ride of commission vs. draw

Worked for Saks Fifth Avenue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saks Fifth Avenue reviews and ratings in Beverly Hills, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saks Fifth Avenue CEO Steve Sadove. All reviews posted anonymously by Saks Fifth Avenue employees.