Sales University Group

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian O'Neil

Fun and caring outsourced sales environment where focus is on client, who ultimately, is paying the bills.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEveryone who is hired is hired for a specific client, and no client is exactly alike so there is a variety of opportunity within the umbrella of the same business group. Everyone is expected to give it their all everyday, and negativity is simply not allowed. Client is encouraged to hire you on if things go well and they don't want to lose the opportunity of bringing you on as their employee but you actually work most days among your Sales University Group peers in the Sears (Willis) Tower with a great view of the city. There are two sister companies known as Sales Empowerment Group and Sales Athletes Group. Both of these groups do sales placement. In addition, Sales Empowerment Group acts as a consultant with companies who need help with their sales. Their business development officers bring in new clients, assist with training the employees of the existing clients and provide key advice to assist with drumming up sales numbers. Sales Athletes Group focuses on job placement for former athletes who are looking to get serious with a sales related career.

ConsDepending on your perspective, the graduation date can be a PRO and NOT a con. Everyone at Sales University Group has a "graduation date" which is usually 12-18 months after hire where it is expected that either the client would hire you outright to work for them or you would perhaps have the option to move over into another team and work for a different client. I suppose this change could be perceived as a con because it is enjoyable to work here and sometimes it may or may not be greener pastures within the realm of the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are going in the right direction.

Great working environment, with great people.

Team Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsManagement really spends time making sure they are treating their reps well here. Also, we work in a really great office. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.

ConsI can't think of one.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Tons of opportunity!!

Solution Development Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe management team is the best I have encountered in my career thus far. They put our people first and treat everyone with the upmost respect. The people are fun, great to be around and very respectful to each other.

ConsAre there any cons to working 8:30-5, in one of the best buildings in the world, with all of your friends?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop buying so much pizza for us! I am trying to stay in shape! ;)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is my first job out of college and has truly been a great place to start my career

Solution Development Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat working atmosphere with an unbeatable leadership team.
    Tremendous opportunity for career advancement.
    In depth training process.
    Great benefits
    Located in the heart of downtown Chicago.

ConsIn the short time I have worked here, I cannot see anything negative about Sales University Group.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

So glad I got in on something so good so early!

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEnergetic, positive vibes daily from great people, a great environment, beautiful view from the 46th floor of the Willis Tower. A sense of shared goals and supportive friends surrounding you make the day fly by very quickly.

ConsSometimes it gets a little noisy in the call center room but that is because almost everyone is on the phone at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe provide some private cubes when an employee is phoning into certain locations.

A Ton of Room for Growth

Huge Opportunity to Move into High Level Positions
    Realistic Goals and Quotas
    Impressive Bonus Payouts

ConsNone That I Can Think of at this Time

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to Listen to the Ideas of Employees.
    Keep the Work Environment Fun and Laid-Back While Still Holding People Accountable and Professional

Friendly environment with huge opportunities for growth

ProsGreat opportunity for growth
    All employees, including management, are welcoming and friendly
    The location (and view) are fantastic - close to all forms of public transportation
    Laidback, but hardworking
    Management cares about individuals and their success
    Open space promotes camaraderie

ConsNone that stick out as a reason not to work here!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

a great work environment

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- great place to learn
    - senior management is very knowledgeable and understanding
    - room for growth and opportunity
    - wonderful location in the heart of the city

Consnone that come to mind at this time.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up!

This is a fantastic place with very positive people with committed goals towards driving revenue streams for clients!

Business Development (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat leadership, people at the top have integrity and professionalism

ConsNone that I can think of unless you are afraid of being up on the 46th floor of the Willis Tower. The view is great but if you have vertigo, I would recommend you don't look down.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to hiring positive, happy types of people. It makes the environment very fun and joy to be in.

Great place to work with huge opportunity for growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSeveral Career Path Opportunities
    Great Training Program
    Perfect place to start a sales career
    Fun office environment in downtown Chicago
    Extremely strong leadership team

ConsNone that come to mind

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! It's a great place to work.

Worked for Sales University Group ? Contribute to the Community!