Salesforce Reviews

3.8
1,209 Reviews
Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff

Pros
  • People value a work / life balance and it's easy to maintain if you stay focused (in 53 reviews)

• Some really smart people working here and the work-life balance has been really good (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 76 reviews)

• Long hours and pushes at quarter ends to close deals (in 33 reviews)

Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros:
    - vibrant, fast paced culture
    - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
    - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
    - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
    - good benefits and perqs
    - hip urban culture at HQ
    - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

Cons

After my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion.

The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

The further you get from the foundational vision of creating great products and ensuring customer success, and instead recruit big company people focused on ego and self-promotion and growing a fiefdom, the more Salesforce starts to become just another Oracle or SAP or Microsoft. My sense is, that's what the board wants. If so, so be it. There will be another innovative and passionate startup to disrupt salesforce some day soon.

2. Sales Support

Current Employee - Sales Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Good Team, Nice work, learning opportunities

Cons

Salary low rest everything is good.

Decent salary must be offered.

3. Best place to work

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

All people are committed and work better together than I've seen and any other company.

Cons

Growing pains are happening everywhere and the scrum teams always commit to more work.

The best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work place. The building and amenities are outstanding! The people are amazing. The culture is one of giving back, unlike any place I've ever worked before.

Cons

The company is growing very rapidly, still. It does create a feeling like your racing to keep up. With proper coaching you can get the right work-life balance for you.

Focus on the Northwest vibe. It's a critical component for the people that work here. We may work for a company in the Bay but we are NOT the Bay.

Great opportunity, but unable to deliver on promises.

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture of give-back is promoted structurally and informally and is pervasive. They provide superior compensation, flexible time-off/schedule, significant perks, and foster a deeply collaborative environment. The expect competence and provide a highly challenging opportunity.

Cons

Poor management is pervasive. Lack of leadership and commitment to big ideas creates gross inefficiencies, unclear expectations, and conflicting outcomes. Overly headquarter-centric in politics. The maintain an institutional arrogance that disrespects their competitors and creates overly idealistic strategies. Executive leadership tends to believe things get done because they want them to get done, without providing communication, support, or transparency in decisions.

7. Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Facing Role
    Current Employee - Customer Facing Role

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Decent opportunity to move around after some time if you've proved yourself. Work from home. Fast paced. Great/smart peers to work with. Market leader. Volunteering/social opportunities.

Cons

Constant re-orgs and restructures - better for growth of the company but can hamper career progress

8. Intern

I worked at Salesforce

Pros

The culture was awesome and I got to work with great people.

Cons

There are no cons I could think of.

9. Its a fun environment with a lot of learning and more than enough work.

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Fun Environment
    Management is listens to you
    Good compensation
    People are approachable and helpful

Cons

Sometimes the work is too much that it becomes a sweat shop

10. Great place to work and grow!

Current Employee - Global Senior Director
    Current Employee - Global Senior Director

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits; great product; passionate people

Cons

Crazy, unstructured work environment; heavy focus on small deal sales - not much technical depth in the teams. To add confusion to that- the products are too many and too varied (features, how they can be sold, etc.).

Keep the products simple and more in line with what the Enterprise customer needs in order to keep growing.

11. Good company and good people

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

Pretty good work life balance

Cons

bla bla bla bla bla...