Salesforce Reviews

3.8
1,262 Reviews
Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff

Pros
  • People value a work / life balance and it's easy to maintain if you stay focused (in 53 reviews)

• Some really smart people working here and the work-life balance has been really good (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 76 reviews)

• Long hours and pushes at quarter ends to close deals (in 33 reviews)

1. I feel lucky to work here

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce (More than a year)

Pros

Culture - Really smart, really driven people. Everyone likes each other.
    Growth Opportunity - If you are good (and they give you all the tools you need to be good) and show you care, there are very few limits in how far you can make it here.
    Incredible Products - I feel like I am transforming my customers' businesses every day

Cons

If aren't passionate about working here, it's going to be tough for you to stick.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees about what is working and what isn't.

2. Business Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent training; constant opportunities to learn about the products, the industry, and develop business acumen; great managers who are all top sales professionals and really want to help you develop your skills and further your career; fun social events outside of work hours; beer cart Fridays, and being at the best company to work for!

Cons

Non of these are cons, per-se, but if they don't fit your personality then maybe the company isn't a fit for you?

- fast-paced work environment
    - surrounded by overachievers, you constantly have to work hard to stay on top - no room for slacking off!
    - the product is constantly being updated and new things are added, processes change, etc - you have to be adaptable and a fast learner! [if you like sticking to the same routine year after year and working at a slow and steady pace, this may not be a fit for you]
    - no work-from-home options available for the majority of employees

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on skill development and career advancement for your employees, even if they are interested in switching departments or staying with the company but going in a direction outside of the normal "sales track." Otherwise, keep providing visibility into what's going on with the execs and everything back in HQ - it helps keep those of us in the hubs outside of SF motivated and dedicated!

3. Solution Engineer

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, friendly open coworkers, great training opportunities, very team oriented, centered around giving back to the community

Cons

Nothing so far. It can be hectic, but it's expected in a fast paced sales environment

5. Constant career growth and increasing responsibilities within an amazing team

Current Employee - Solution Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In almost three years there hasn't been a day I wasn't excited to go to work! I used to dream of a job where I would be happy "doing my thing" at least 50% of the time. I never dreamed I could enjoy work this much - it's hard to call it work. For those skeptics, I've been around the block with some top tier Chicagoland companies - they don't even compare to the culture, daily responsibilities. career mobility, and pay that you get here. You are absolutely surrounded by brilliant people that want nothing more than to help you learn and be successful. Team members are amazing to work with. Everyone works together.

Cons

You create your own way at Salesforce. You must be confident in your strengths and self aware of your weaknesses. They will not create that path for you, you have to do it. For some that is great, for others they need that plan laid out. Management can only help you so much in that. For a company growing this fast there are positions created everyday. You must have patience and savvy to find the next right role for yourself. Management will guide you, but you own your career. There isn't a defined path. You aren't always going to know all the options available.

It's a very fast paced environment. For everyone to work together they must communicate well. This means seeking to understand, asking the right questions, and being flexible. In sales this requires confidence and humility, not arrogance. Egos can get in the way if they aren't controlled. This takes a team.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire and grow quickly without sacrificing on the talent. The people are why we are successful as teams, hubs, and as a company.

6. Best. Company!!!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-incredible training
    -great work environment
    -upward career mobility
    -great incentives
    -fantastic company story
    -volunteer time off
    -contests galore
    -great coaching

Cons

-long hours, not much work life balance
    -big initial learning curve

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within, those are the ones that are most effective and most successful

7. SMB AE

Current Employee - SMB AE in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SMB AE in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic Culture, Open Heirarchy, Excellent Resources

Cons

Open floor plan can be noisy at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy!

8. Account Executive - ESB

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never been one to "drink the kool-aid" but it's hard not to considering the culture Salesforce has built. Having the ability to compete against the colleague next to, but at the same time collaborate, is hard to come by. Salesforce does a phenomenal job at caring for their customers, as well as their employees. There is so much room for growth and Salesforce empowers you to make this your career rather than a stepping stone. The best career decision I've ever made was coming onboard to Salesforce.

Cons

When you are a new hire, it feels like information overload. The learning curve is very sharp so you need to make sure you are constantly asking questions and gathering as much information as you can. If you someone who doesn't enjoy a competitive environment, this probably wouldn't be the best fit. Otherwise, be ready to work and enjoy building great relationships with your customers and co-workers.

Advice to Management

The on-boarding can be tough. Spending more time getting new hires set up would be beneficial.

9. #DreamJob - Truly love what I do, and the people I work with.

Current Employee - Account Executive - SMB (Small to Medium Business) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture - I truly enjoy what I do everyday due to the people I am surrounding by, and have the opportunity to personally and professional grow as an individual.
    Leadership, Perks/Pay, Foundation, Training, Innovation, Clients Relationships, Beer Carts/Fridge

Cons

At times there is a lot of training, and products/webinars to push/attend.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor, develop, challenge, and motivate. Be selective on which training will benefit our time the most.

10. Account Executive

I worked at Salesforce full-time

Pros

incredibly well organized sales organization. possibly the best in industry
    fun environment b/c of the level of activity
    great and numerous opportunities to learn and grow sales abilities and knowledge
    incredible place to grow one's career
    phenomenal resume builder
    if one is career driven, this is the place to be in technology

Cons

company becoming oracle (ie, less fun)
    company doesn't really care about you despite its press clippings
    lots of superficiality, arrogance, hubris

Advice to Management

throttle back the hubris among your rank and file--there's no win in it

11. Account Executive - ESMB

Current Employee - Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

I have been at Salesforce for over a year and the experience has been nothing short of outstanding. The biggest pro's that I have found about this company is that it takes a tremendous amount of pride in being the best. The focus of ongoing training both internal & external is top notch. The hiring process is very engaged, thorough & challenging, even if you are referred, which lends to the talent that you work alongside. The job has grown my professional skill set ten fold, especially in my business & selling acumen. From a selling perspective I would describe the pay and OTE to be undersold and over delivered vs. other sales jobs that sell you on high OTE's that almost always fall short. Amazing culture, amazing job, selling a platform that is the world's most innovative and good pay is why I love working here.

Cons

There are very few cons to working at Salesforce. Nothing is perfect, there are definite day-to-day frustrations that come with any job but overall the quality of life is very high.

Advice to Management

Continue to prioritize employee development, training & leadership as the top priority and we will continue to excel.