Salesforce Reviews

4.0
Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff
1,082 Ratings

Pros
  • good work life balance in the company (in 53 reviews)

• You will work with bunch of smart people together (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 76 reviews)

• Long hours and pushes at quarter ends to close deals (in 33 reviews)

1,403 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Best company I've worked for to date. Highly recommend joining the Salesforce team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

-Huge emphasis on the importance of charitable giving and being environmentally sustainable (backed by 6 paid volunteer days per employee annually, $5000 annual employee match for charitable giving, frequent internal charitable events) -Prioritizes engaging employees by aligning personal career goals with each employee's duties and encouraging movement between functions and departments throughout the company -Incredibly intelligent workforce: Salesforce is able to use its strong brandname to hire only the top talent and as a result has an environment where you are constantly challenged and learning, which continuously develops your own skill set. (Less than 1% of applicants receive employment offers) -Strong community environment: Salesforce has been able to build a corporate family unlike any company I've been a part of before. People honestly care for each other and will go out of their way to look out for past and present employees. Salesforce focuses on working as a team rather than separate individuals which develops a sense of inclusion. -Incredible parties: Salesforce certainly caters to a more extroverted, lively and connected personality by having frequent social and networking events throughout the year -$100/mth employee fitness benefit and health benefits that are largely absorbed by the company. Free yoga classes and espresso bars are also offered in some offices -Offices are generally situated in the heart of cities rather than in suburbs

Cons

-Headcount growing perhaps too quickly which could transform the community feel to a more corporate environment -Does not offer full meals (light snacks and beverages are provided) -Signals of a more corporate future ahead evidenced by a shift away from local vendors to their global competitors

Advice to Management

Although we're growing quickly, make sure Salesforce is able to retain it's small community feel rather than becoming a rigid corporation like many older tech companies

2. ITs okay.

Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everything. It is really good.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Pay us more.

3. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good pay. Interesting technology. Great people.

Cons

Lot of work, tight dead lines.

Advice to Management

Nothing, doing great.

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great culture, it's a very young/energetic company that is constantly growing/changing. The products have consistently been #1 in the market. We have been the industry leader for 8 years. They have been vigilant about hiring highly qualified employees who are also outgoing and fun to work with. They have spent the money to keep our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.

Cons

There are some things that happen when you grow too quickly, some structure has been lacking but at least it is always acknowledged and worked on. For example, it took them a while to fine tune some the HR applications that we use internally.

Advice to Management

Be as concerned with employee success as you are with customer success.

Great place to be.

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The team at SFDC is very strong in the technology group, and not too big. The product we're building is great, and has great potential if we're successful.

Cons

Because of the relatively small team, there's a lot for everyone to do, and that leads to long hours. This is better than having a lot of people, though, since you will end up with more mediocre staff dragging the talented people down.

Advice to Management

Keep the train on the tracks, and maybe go home a little earlier on average guys!

7. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Awesome company, incredible products, smart people.

Cons

Very fast-paced culture. This makes it an exciting place to be but can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

We've got a tremendous army of people. Invest your time and budget in developing them.

Working at Salesforce.com is like playing on the all-star team.

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Salesforce.com is a dynamic environment with some very smart people -- when I first joined I termed it the all-star team. It's no joke. The product at Salesforce is really good -- sometimes it sells itself -- and it's very well thought through and architected. I've worked at a number of other software companies and I've never seen anything like it. Career advancement opportunities are everywhere. Although it's a fairly big company now, it's definitely possible to identify opportunities and take them, even from the very bottom rung of the latter, and management actively encourages it. The executives are also top-notch and generally very accessible. These are the people I want to learn from. They know what they're doing.

Cons

The hours are definitely long, no doubt about that. There are never enough people on board to do all the work necessary. There's always a certain amount of chaos. Salesforce definitely exhibits some qualities usually reserved for startups in that regard -- every day is challenging, but it sure makes going to work fun.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on.

9. Best business software company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The Software as a Service business model is the model of the future. No better place to learn all about it than Salesforce.com. Our product gets our customers incredibly excited, and IT IS A BUSINESS TOOL. Their technical team is among the best I have ever seen. They know what they are doing. My feature team has a great dynamic. I feel happy to come to work with them. There is no foundation, like the salesforce foundation. Their charm, reach, and activities are unique. Plus, I can easily collaborate with them and the company pays for the time!!! Last but not least, there is no better location in the San Francisco. 1 market st is probably the best spot in the west coast.

Cons

Long work hours (it's a service, you don't sleep if it is not up and running)

Advice to Management

promote me (again)! :) :)

10. A great place to work with its own unique culture.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Detroit, MI

Pros

Salesforce.com is unrelenting in making sure customers are satisfied. When you are on the front line you can be assured that the company will do whatever it takes to make sure the customer is successful. As a customer facing employee you can feel good about your customers success. Salesforce.com also provides new challenges on a regular basis. The flood of new products and new technologies keeps everyone on their toes.

Cons

The pace is very rapid and managing work life balance can be difficult. There is so much to do and yet so little time. At times salesforce.com seems to be heavy in chiefs and not many indians.

Advice to Management

Pushing decisions down to the lowest level and holding those people responsible is important.

11. Salesforce.com, why go anywhere else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

One of the two relevant technology companies in the bay area

Cons

Pace of business can be a little overwhelming at times

Advice to Management

Invest more in selling nonSFA products

Showing 1,403 of 1,465 reviews