Salesforce

3.8
1,052 Reviews

Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff

Pros
  • People value a work / life balance and it's easy to maintain if you stay focused (in 51 reviews)

• Some really smart people working here and the work-life balance has been really good (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 74 reviews)

• Long hours and pushes at quarter ends to close deals (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Dynamic and Successful Company

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership, motivated co-workers, and a great team atmoshphere, that promotes open communication

Cons

Definitely hard to keep up with growth - lots of hours needed, but also lots of resources

Keep it up, Marc. Keith Block is surprsingly good.

Great

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great snacks, great parties

Cons

Big company, lots f churn

Slow down acquisitions

Great place to work in recruiting

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hiring managers are smart, motivated, fun to work with, respectful, and interesting. Recruiting managers have your back and are there for you. Reqs are varied and interesting and can shift, so you won't always be hiring for the same thing. This company has a soul - the CEO is a sweetheart with a passion for technology and helping others (literally helping others... look up the 1/1/1 model!).

Cons

The ATS is a bit hard to train on, but once you get it it's not a problem. I've never really liked an ATS anywhere though!

Good Company to Work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great energy, good compensation and management makes you feel like you're included in most decisions.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Incredible Opportunity and People

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

- Great office perks. (free food all the time, free snacks and drinks)
    - Great people and culture
    - Office space is incredible
    - Good pay
    - Top notch equipment

Cons

- On boarding is a bit overwhelming...but thats normal anywhere. They do the best job they can making you feel welcome. I was happy with my on boarding.

Most awesome company

Current Employee - LMTS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very rewarding experience in the last 3 years.

Cons

None - keep doing what you are doing

Great opportunities if you know how to work hard, collaborate and want to give back

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, manager and endless opportunities. You have to love FAST pace, dynamic changes, some great reviews called it the largest entrepreneur company out there. That's very true. GREAT growth. Great community involvement and Dreamforce is amazing!

Cons

Not really any... I know people will always come up with something but it's a place where what you put in it what you get out of it.

It's not sexy but consider bringing in some flexible project and resource processes, documentation, and governance to support projects to balance keep the lights day-to-day tasks that ultimately helps with prioritization. Change is inevitable, change is encouraged to stay agile but processes that adapt to the change, resource allocation, and Top 3 or 5 things in various technical departments would go a long way resulting in better communication, execution, delivery, transparency on status, and frankly less noise (drama).

Excitement and opportunities for those who are driven and lean toward positivity

Current Employee - LMTS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the company culture seems very open and encourages honest self-reflection, but there's definitely a bias toward people who are naturally positive and seek opportunities. If you're a team-focused, positive, cheerful, driven person, this is a company where you can make huge strides in a very short amount of time.

Cons

First, it's NOT a startup, and while the company seems to have a great future ahead, it's not a fast-growth place where you're going to get catered meals, massages, and toys to play with every day. This shouldn't be a problem, but since the HQ is in San Francisco, people are reminded of all the perks and opportunities that abound just around the corner (or in Silicon Valley). Also, while the company is a great place to work, it tends to favor extraverts and people who desire to move up or who want to do lots of things outside their current job role. Being surrounded by "movers" like this can be exhausting if you're one who wants to be "comfortable" and seeks to achieve work-life balance.

It's a great company, and I love my job and the opportunities there. However, as I consider moving to the next phase of my life (marriage, children, taking care of my parents), I want to see more examples of people who are successfully balancing work and life goals. I want to see people like this rewarded and help up as role models just as much as the latest hackathon winner who spend 3 days without sleeping, or the "rain maker" who worked many many hours to land a big deal.

Awesome company !

Current Employee - Performance Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Performance Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Nice working environment, friendly co-workers, awesome perk, great location

Cons

Too many meeting from time to time.

An amazing and innovative place to work.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Innovative, flexible, balance, perks! I really enjoyed my time working at Salesforce, everyone there was very supportive and helpful in furthering my career!

Cons

It is a very large company, and sometimes that is palpable. There are some efficiencies and agility that is lost because of this.

Keep an eye on your culture! It is currently still great and represents what you stand for, but as the company grows it will be important to adjust accordingly to keep it that way! Always work smarter, not harder!