Salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff

Marc Benioff

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance, ability to work from home and excellent benefits"
    in 39 reviews
  • "Many many smart people to work with and create greater solutions than any one of us could come up with"
    in 58 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very hard driving culture leads for little to no work/life balance"
    in 64 reviews
  • "long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great name on your resume

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsSalary + OTE are great - but there are better out there
    Benefits - Kudos here. Great Health/Dental/Parental, lots of Perks
    Salesforce.com Platform is amazing. Yes, you get tired of hearing internally,, but it's true
    All main offices close to large transit hubs
    Benioff has instilled a culture of philantrophy.

ConsThe ultimate in high school clique culture. It's tough to move if you're not on a list of favorites. The cult of Salesforce is exhausting. Yes, great product, yes great benefits, but the 'kool aid drinking blowhard' mentality wears thin.
    If you work in the office, you're expected to be in the office. In commercial, no opportunity to telecommute.
    Growing at a frustratingly large pace. Headcount doubled in my time there. Everything is always in flux it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to act like Oracle (yes you do) stop poo-pooing Oracle.

Focus on customers and employees

ProsThe culture is very focused on customer and employee success. There is a lot of team work and collaboration as well as significant career growth opportunity.

ConsNot as many free lunches as there used to be - not a big deal but can't think of much else.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in maintaining culture of fun and innovation while growing the business.

Salesforce is an amazing company!

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsYou are constantly challenged and you are always learning. That is really why I love working here. I know that I will continue to grow as a person both in my career and in life.

Another huge pro is that your promotion path is always clear and merit based. You know exactly what you need to do to get to the next level.

ConsAs the company continues to grow the territories become smaller making it tougher to compete against large market areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to analyze the territories and make sure they are distributed fair and equitably. Other than that, management is one of the best I have ever seen!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Struggling with Growth, Needs a major re-vamp of Culture

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong product bench - really innovative in all of the continuing products they release. Generally high quality people - strong brand presence. Strong employee benefits.

ConsMajor major problems with culture. Highly antagonistic and not team-oriented - reminds me a lot of Microsoft. I wish I had known this before coming here as it is pervasive and apparently well known within the valley. I think a lot of people are dazzled by the brand and are quickly disillusioned with the culture. Having major growing pains as they incorporate other big companies (Exact Target) and just growth in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the culture - you need this to turn around or you are going to continue to have great talent streaming out the door. Ask your people if they are doing the jobs they want to do as opposed to reorging non-stop into jobs they never would have signed on to begin with. Your people are your assets - treat them well.

Senior Director

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany is a market leader and growing. Good benefits. This is a good company at which to learn a cloud computing.

ConsPoor senior leadership. Make sure managers have development plans for getting employees to the next level. New senior need to better embrace and use the Salesforce products.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold VPs and above accountable for delivering development plans for their people.

Overall it's a good company to work

UI Designer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible working hours, get to work on some fun projects.

ConsNobody cares for designs other than the designers themselves. Management just want to get stuff out and don't care much about the quality of the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of making Marc happy, you should first make your customers happy.

Overall great company but with EXTREMELY poor management.

Pros- Exciting and passionate folks striving to make Salesforce the leader in the software industry.
    - Great perks - company events (ex: Dreamforce), excellent amenities.

Cons- Management with elitist attitude - VERY hierarchical work structure and zero accountability of managers.
    - A very feared and political office culture - instead of treating employees with appreciation they are dispensable.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalesforce promotes collaborative work environment where every employee is treated with fairness and opportunities - ACCOUNTABILITY that every manager and department runs this way! Be what the company preaches because from my experience management gives the false notion of an open door policy but when a employee express concerns confidentially, it is not seriously considered or dealt with. Be smarter in choosing your leaders - hire managers with the motivation to invest in the success of their team - not hinder them because of their own fear of political power in the workplace.

Short, sweet, then very bitter.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeading edge, cool place to work, trying to change the world. Talked about as a "destination" company.

ConsConsistent organizational change that leads to lack of consistency and lack of follow through. The expectation is one of do whatever it takes - sounds exciting and bold, but leads to overwork, lack of balance and burnout.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk.

Great company that takes care of its people

San Francisco, CA

ProsAggressively competitive pay, great benefits, smart people, flexible scheduling, you will get to work on tough problems, help with career growth

ConsLot's of meetings. It can be hard for individual contributors to get their work done with all the meeting overhead. Stove piped organization structure can often make managers for a particular project outnumber the doers. Meetings can get so long and topics will affect a small percentage of people in the room that often in large meetings 80% of the room will be checking email.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out meetings for your reports to increase productivity. Escalations typically occur 1 on 1, not in large meetings, so don't use large team meetings as escalation points. Simply be accessible to your teams. Do keep 1 on 1's with direct reports to stay in touch.

Salesforce.com

ProsGreat fast moving company with high growth potential. Invented cloud computing and is known as the market leader for CRM. Huge growth YoY in terms of revenue and headcount.

ConsLandscape is constantly changing. Lack of process. Not as meritocratic as other start-up type companies. Transforming into large company mentality where bureaucracy slows down innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on growing

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff. All 907 reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees.