Salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff

Marc Benioff

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance, ability to work from home and excellent benefits"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Many many smart people to work with and create greater solutions than any one of us could come up with"
    in 56 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very hard driving culture leads for little to no work/life balance"
    in 61 reviews
  • "long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A minefield of political rivalries and mixed messages and competing goals

Vice President Sales (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce.com full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's Salesforce. 1st mover in the market, a wall street darling..it has a good name.....Great snacks...nice offices

ConsDysfunctional management, mixed messages, super political, many products don't connect w/each other....It's a marketing machine. The biggest slide ware company in SV. HR is all about protecting the VP's who are driving to get the #'s in.

Advice to Senior Managementnone really - they don't listen anyway

Great team, and fun ride

Senior AE (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey hire very intelligent and qualified people. Difficult, but effective interview process in Sales and Management. Company constantly innovating and rolling out great products to sell.

ConsCompany salaries are below average, and they no longer give stock to current and successful employees. Today new hires can make more money than dedicated employees. There is very little "upside" other than the potential to sell. Territories very small, no stock and low salaries means they will likely have attrition issues soon in this competitive Market.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat successful employees better than new hires! Many employees love the company and just want to see some level of commitment in return. The company stock has performed extraordinarily well, and Sales gets next to nothing, but is a major reason for the success. Keep in mind that successful Salesforce employees are among the most sought after employees in the tech industry....and they're receiving many outside offers!

Mar 17, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback, it really helps us in our efforts to improve the overall employee employee experience at salesforce.com. Your comments will be shared with execs as part of ... More

Politics rule

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMarket position, product, philanthropy model

ConsPolitics unfair treatment based on who you know not what you know

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and don't let egos get in the way of treating people fairly

So far so good..but could have been much better

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for less than a year

ProsLot of smart people, flexible work schedule, good benefits

ConsVery fast paced, no time to step back and think on what went wrong, "just do it" attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay some more attention towards the career of your direct reports, not just your own!

Mar 17, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback, it really helps us in our efforts to improve the overall employee experience at salesforce.com. Your comments will be shared with execs as part of anonymous ... More

Young, vibrant culture. A very exciting and fun work environment. There's always room for growth.

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time

ProsGreat compensation, fun group of people and community-service driven.There's never a dull moment and everyone is encouraged to contribute to the company value of 1:1:1

ConsMay face some challenges in collaboration. Can be an ego-driven environment. The company is extremely fast-paced and intense. For those who like a more laid-back environment, it can be a quite stressful environment. The company is growing so quickly that it sometimes feel like more of a start-up.

Feb 26, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We agree there's always room for growth. One of the ways we're looking to facilitate more #dreamjob experiences is by sharing reviews like yours with executives so ... More

My experience with Salesforce.com

Senior Director (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat culture, passion for customer success, takes care of employees

ConsSometimes too much work in the amount of time to get it done

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the "Original SFDC Culture"

Feb 26, 2014

We appreciate this feedback, and we definitely hear you. We're going to hold on to the salesforce.com aloha culture :)

Fantastic Internship

Summer Intern (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com as an intern for less than a year

ProsSalesforce.com interns are contributing real work to the company, and are given real responsibilities. The time and effort invested into my experience at Salesforce made it a wonderful summer of learning that can be applied back at school and in the real world. They pay their interns well at competitive rates. The internship is a full 12 weeks, and full-time. Culture is dynamic and fast, making it a fun place to work. Plus you cannot be the San Francisco office location.

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians, so to speak. There is an uneven distribution of work, but it does keep the job interesting, engaging, and challenging.

Feb 19, 2014

Glad you're enjoying your #FutureForce internship! We hope that your experience will continue to improve.

More political as it grows

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time

ProsGreat, innovative engineering team, other departments not great

ConsPolitics, lack of trained managers

Advice to Senior ManagementSome teams are healthier than others

Feb 19, 2014

Amazing culture, great benefits, great colleagues

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for less than a year

ProsAmazing place to work. Engineers are given freedom, time and lots of benefits. Great work environment. Work on the latest Open Source technologies. Great management with a strong focus on keeping employees happy.

ConsTechnology in infrastructure can be improved
Workplace can be quieter to enable more individual work
Different groups work in silos

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt latest trends in technology to move forward.

Wonderful place to work and have fun!

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryday I'm looking forward to taking the shuttle to San Francisco to work with the team

ConsSometimes the work can be overwhelming, but between release, it's heaven.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful of customer feedback, some feedback is not very positive, good quality and ingenuity is still the key, don't sit on past glory.

Feb 13, 2014

So glad you're enjoying your time here at salesforce.com!

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff. All 814 reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees.