Salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff

Marc Benioff

Pros
  • Benefits are good and work/life balance is manageable for a company with such incredible growth(in 42 reviews)

• There are so many smart people here, and it's a great place to shape your career(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up(in 68 reviews)

• long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks(in 30 reviews)

Still a lot of opportunity to learn, connect, and chart your own course, but Big Company culture is encroaching.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've spent over 8 years with Salesforce in various management and individual contributor roles, all customer or partner facing. Some of the pros:
    - vibrant, fast paced culture
    - smart, fun, aggressive colleagues
    - management is focused on latest tech trends and staying or becoming a leader for many of them
    - by and large, customers and partners are very positive about the technology
    - good benefits and perqs
    - hip urban culture at HQ
    - a chart-your-own-course mentality that rewards those who aggressively seek out the job they want and pursue it, or sometimes even create it

ConsAfter my long tenure and many Dreamforce conferences, I'm nearly fried. To say the culture is fast paced and the focus is always changing is an understatement. The reason Salesforce always seems on top, and chasing the latest trend, and in the press, is because employees are expected to run harder, carry more, cheer loudly, and pivot constantly. It's the world's biggest startup in behavior. But at the same time, with the recent influx of top career sales leaders from Oracle and what appears to be a board-level mandate for doubling revenue, employees are being asked to do even more with even less, fill higher quotas with smaller territories, less help, and the big company bureaucracy is rearing it's ugly head.

Worse still is the politics. When you hire a bunch of smart, aggressive people, and put them in an environment of outsized expectations, throw in a bunch of re-orgs and changing management, and sprinkle with uncertainty and constantly changing priorities, you inevitably get people back stabbing each other and throwing others under the bus to appear smarter and more worthy of promotion.

The few at the top will get very, very rich. The rest will lose the sense of personal ownership and start to wonder why they've given up health and family

Advice to Senior ManagementThe further you get from the foundational vision of creating great products and ensuring customer success, and instead recruit big company people focused on ego and self-promotion and growing a fiefdom, the more Salesforce starts to become just another Oracle or SAP or Microsoft. My sense is, that's what the board wants. If so, so be it. There will be another innovative and passionate startup to disrupt salesforce some day soon.

Great company to work for

Smts (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat company, SaaS, growing, chanllenging role

ConsI can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

This is an exciting, inspirational place of work

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThe technology is incredible, the focus of the leadership is strong, the commitment to employees is above average, the dedication to customers is the best I have seen in the industry.

ConsThe quotas are out of alignment with the territories. This makes it difficult to achieve goal. It appears that only 50% of sales reps are making their number.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure the quota or goal is logically aligned to the territory.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best of the Best

Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsWe are the best at what we do:
    -Brightest executives in the industry driving smart sales moves that are deeply compelling to clients.
    -Top down support of Foundation work and efforts. The 1-1-1 model is inspiring and helps create a positive culture.
    -Team culture is strongly encouraged, I respect and enjoy working closely with my AVP, RVP and teammates--sharing best practices, helping colleagues ,celebrating each others wins, and delivering great solutions for our customers. SF is a meritocracy; success is promoted and rewareded

ConsIt's a growing company, scaling rapidly, it has more than doubled in size since I have been working here. That's not necessarily a con, but each year we have to evolve our sales process and get better at what due as the territories grow smaller. Still, the Pros more than outweigh any con I write about this amazing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay close with the AEs--we see everything going on in the market and have strong suggestions on how we can all evolve and succeed as a company as we march toward 15 Billion in yearly revenue.

A great company! A very promising sector!

ProsThis is a true world class company in a very promising sector. The management is great with super vision. I am absolutely have no doubt that this company will achieve even greater success in future!

Conswith the company growing bigger and bigger, some degree of bureaucracy is developing in the company. I hope that the company still maintains its mindset as a start-up company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest wishes!

Great people, great company.

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsStrong culture, brilliant staff and engineers, good upward mobility for people within the company. Definitive leadership and big-picture vision.

ConsHeavily sales-driven which can impact the culture to a degree and cause some political strife within the company. High turnover in account management and some struggles with customer service given recent acquisitions and finding alignment between all the companies

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus hard on culture development/integration and continue education for employees about the market, culture, and interpersonal dynamics within the organization. Culture will become the defining factor of leading workplaces as entrepreneurial endeavors grow in popularity...

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work for Salesforce!

ProsThe company as a great leader in the industry holds extremely bright future! Salesforce treats its employees very nicely. I absolutely have no doubt that Salesforce will experience even better growth down the road!

What I enjoy most at Salesforce is the training opportunities of new technologies. I also enjoy the strong compensation and generous benefits.

Consnot any for now. Salesforce is so much better in almost all aspects than any other places that I have worked for before.

Advice to Senior Managementbest wishes!

Great company to work for

Senior Security Researcher (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat company to work for, great people

ConsGreat company to work for, great people

Advice to Senior Management....

Wonderful, great company to work for.

ProsThe culture is very diverse, everyone is amazing and helpful

Consyou have to be tech savvy

Values their employees and is a great place to learn and grow career

ProsGreat company culture that offers strong support for new employees as well as on-going training. They sponsor numerous employee events and are heavily involved in volunteering and non-profits.

ConsEvery-day, the company moves away from it's small, entrepreneurial spirit and towards the a structure similar to Oracle. It's not too bad, and some things are necessary to continue such enormous growth but it would be nice to see them blaze their own trail instead of completely following Oracle's blue-print

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more flexibility when it comes to working remotely.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!