Salesforce.com
www.salesforce.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Salesforce.com Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance, ability to work from home and excellent benefits"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Many many smart people to work with and create greater solutions than any one of us could come up with"
    in 56 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very hard driving culture leads for little to no work/life balance"
    in 61 reviews
  • "long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Salesforce.com is a great place to work if you are a hard-working top achiever.

Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsIt's great to work in sales for an Industry leader, they also have a great product and pay their employees well - especially if you're a top performer. There's also a lot of flexibility - if you are striving for work-life balance, you can achieve that. If you want to make as much money as possible, there are ways to do that as well. Whatever motivates you, there is opportunity for that at salesforce.com. The company is also growing very quickly making it a great place for career advancement and opportunity

ConsCompany is growing into the "large" arena and there is more red tape than there was previously. It's also a very competitve environment - so depending on your tastes and performance it may or may not be a good thing - i.e. if you're a lazy person with little ambition, this is not the place for you

Advice to Senior ManagementGood stuff

Best company I have worked in so far

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsGreat place, if you can bear the tempo and enjoy the culture. Relatively relaxed and casual atmosphere, considering the speed at which the company moves. Relatively flat hierarchies.

ConsVery US centric. US employees have often little awareness of the company being (or trying to be) a global company. Management style is also very American, which can be alienating sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more leeway to regional subsidiaries in how they present the company. Don't try to sell and brand US-style in Europe.

a leader in the industry

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Prosinnovation, vision, customer focus, benefits

Conslack of to move laterally

Advice to Senior Managementgood work, keep focused on the customers

great pay

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Prosgood pay and there is free food

Consonly work on one product

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

Unlimited market opportunity and the next giant in the software industry

Marketing Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsUnlimited market opportunity, smart people, great technology, great location, a CEO I trust, passionate people
Salesforce.com is changing the industry and the next generation of leaders are coming from here. If you want to build your career for the next decade this is the place to be. There are some incredibly smart people here and that makes it pretty fun to come to work each day.

ConsCommunication in a fast growth company is difficult. You need to be proactive and take charge of your own career to be successful here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing on the customers and over communicate in this environment.

Accelerate your career - high engagement, high productivity, high rewards

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsMy peers - fantastic, energetic, smart people. It's great to be surrounded by co-workers you can learn from. There is the opportunity to get involved in so many different facets of the business and there are so many opportunities for development that it's a great place to accelerate your career trajectory.

ConsIt's a very fast-paced culture requiring high-commitment. At times, work-life balance suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate. The more we all come together as a group and share information amongst ourselves, the more effective we can all be at our own jobs.

Great place to work

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsA leader in the field and a company that is committed to making a difference in the world and in the industry. Passionate leadership. The employees are energetic and believe in the mission. The Foundation provides employees with a chance to give back to the community. The company cares for its employees with little things like free snacks and sodas and bigger things like creating nice workplaces in convenient locations. Customers love the technology and the company and it is always nice to work for a place that when you mention it in conversation people say that they have had good experiences with your company.

ConsIf it is possible, the emphasis is a bit too much on the customer. There needs to also be a focus on creating internal processes and procedures that will support the desired growth

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above

Great dynamic work environment at a company that's changing the industry

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsEntrepreneurial energy. Industry position. Innovative products and technologies. Sense of urgency. Bay Area location. Fanatic customer base. Decent compensation. Good balance between marketing and engineering. Impressive growth. Clear vision to lead industry. Focus on customers.

ConsPressure to constantly deliver. Multiple competing priorities. No formal professional development/training. Bottlenecked approval cycles. Lots of jockeying for highly-visible projects (e.g. events). Not much promotion from within despite growth. Key execs have been with company for years, new execs are outside hires. Too many last minute changes that come from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate authority to more managers. Recognize consistent yet less-visible top performers as much as highly-visible firefighters. More training and formal development programs. More transparency when it comes to promotions and evaluations.

Great company to work for. Innovative environment.

Client Assistant (Former Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce.com

ProsSalesforce is a very Innovative, progressive company.

ConsI work in a relatively new department, so it takes a little time to get all of the policies and procedures in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that by in large they are doing a very good job.

Energetic, vibrant and rewarding company to work for

I have been working at Salesforce.com

ProsThis is a great company to work for in a very exciting time in the industry. It is a leader in its field of business which makes for an exciting opportunity before you even get to the front door. There is a healthily vibrant atmosphere in the company, a word-hard/play-hard attitude and a decent respect for work-life balance. The company is growing fast and there are a ton of opportunities to raise your career profile, move departments and discover more about your skills and abilities in the workplace.

ConsThis is a hard-working atmosphere, but undeniably rewarding. You will get back what you put in (and more) at salesforce.com.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing this company to be the best in the industry - great work!

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees.