Salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Reviews

3.9

Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff

Pros
  • Benefits are good and work/life balance is manageable for a company with such incredible growth (in 43 reviews)

• There are so many smart people here, and it's a great place to shape your career (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 68 reviews)

• long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Couldn't be happier

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

The people are smart, genuinely happy, get their work done and do it well. I'd do anything to help my teammates and my manager out, and know they'd do the same for me. People are respectful, fair, honest. Jerks are just not allowed. It's like a very healthy body -- if a bad seed sneaks in, a bunch of healthy cells surround it and gently show it how to behave. Pay is great, product is taking off, Benioff leads by example -- he started this company and he's still here. He's passionate about what we do, and gives credit to his team(s) for making his vision(s) come to fruition.

Couldn't be happier.

Cons

None really. It is a large organization, and it's doubling/tripling in size. Being in such high growth mode, it can sometimes be challenging to on-board people quickly (get their laptops up and working, access to systems, etc sometimes takes a bit).

Keep doing what you're doing!

Very demanding and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Management  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Strongest vision of any enterprise software company out there. Team is it in to win and continue fast growth path. Willing to take risks. Very talented teams.

Cons

Very demanding. Be prepared to work hard and sometimes long hours. A lot of Management reviews and presentations.

Continue on aggressive growth path, take rissk and set the agenda for the rest of the enterprise software world.

Excellent, place I want to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Smart people, great teams to work with

Cons

Long hours, intense, but in a good way

Keep the innovation coming

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

On a rocket ride.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce.com

Pros

Great products, e.g., Chatter - and more on the way.
    Opportunity Open Market.
    1:1:1.
    Great location.
    Improving focus on people and job sat.
    Never ending technological innovation.
    We eat our own dog food daily.
    Focus on the customer.
    Most people are in SF (but that's changing rapidly).

Cons

Recruiting, finance, and other organizational infrastructure is not keeping pace with growth.
    Tension between freedom and control of product development (freedom is winning).
    Non-traditional scrum organization makes it difficult to level practices across Technology.
    People don't get the depth (and increasing breadth) of the technology because of the name salesforce.com.

Invest more in non-sales, non-tech people and departments to support growth.
    Take aggressive steps to decentralize products.
    Embrace the global workforce.
    Be more public about our technological accomplishments so public perception matches reality.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!