Salesforce.com

www.salesforce.com

Salesforce.com Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2011's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

3.6

Salesforce.com Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff

Pros
  • Benefits are good and work/life balance is manageable for a company with such incredible growth (in 43 reviews)

• There are so many smart people here, and it's a great place to shape your career (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough to achieve given how competitive people are to move up (in 68 reviews)

• long hours, cheesey motivational pep talks (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience and place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everyone at salesforce is supportive and always offering a helping hand. Culture is great at the lower sales levels. Incentives are wonderful.

Cons

Politics. Its the downside of the company. Middle management is all about self advancement. They pretend to care and listen to the employees, but don't really.

Upper management should stop spending so much money so the lower levels can be compensated properly.

I have really grown my career and skills at salesforce.com. I love it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have really grown my career and skills at salesforce.com. I have been able to move from individual contributor, to manager, to a full executive. I have learned how to work with customers in a way I never could have at my previous employer, Oracle. I have also been able to grow my hiring skills, and even my firing skills. I have watched the management team take the company to an amazing market position. Best of all, salesforce.com keeps changing. When i started it was just about sales force automation. Then customer service, call centers, and portals. Then they invented Platform As a Service for customers and ISVs to build apps on the salesfoce.com force.com platform. Now we are entering Social Networking with Chatter which has redefined the company as a leader in an important new area. All of this has positively impacted me, and made my career skills more valuable than ever before. I get calls for different positions all the time, and they are increasingly exciting. But, when I compare them again where salesforce.com can take me, well, then I would be a fool to leave.

Cons

There is a huge amount of change all the time. The is the same side of the coin as growth. My priorities change at least once a year, and sometimes more. That has to be expected as we are fastest growing enterprise software company of our size. Of course, I could be at Oracle, and there would be no changes, because Oracle doesn't change---its only acquires. That is not what I want. Also, moving up at salesforce.com means I have to constantly prove myself. Its not about what I did yesterday, which may have been an amazing accomplishment, its about what I am doing today. We have grown so much I think we have pick up some dead wood, and management needs to be stronger about getting rid of the poor performers. We have a ton of stars, and a we have a few black holes. I am sure that happens when you grown from 0-5000 employees in 10 years. But, wow, we have really seen the changes happen. I can only imagine the next 10 years it is going to be spectacular with the new technology.

Growing from 0 to 5000 employees over 10 years means you have picked up a lot of stars, but some black holes too. Get rid of the dead wood. Clean out the bottom of the barrel more aggresively, and make way for more stars as we head to the next level of excellence.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great compensation, cutting edge SaaS technology, brilliant CEO, deep pockets

Cons

monthly quota tends to be a grind.

stop hiring AE's.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

-The people in R&D are smart, great to work with, and don't take themselves too seriously
    -Compensation is very competitive
    -You are trusted to do your work (freedom to work from home, take time off when necessary)
    -Location!

Cons

-Like some people have said, the priorities change too much
    -Not much opportunity for career growth after two to three years

-Invest in employees by providing more useful training for career growth (e.g. management skills, how to transition to a product manager role, etc.)

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!