Salinas Valley Memorial

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Pete Delgado

Hospital is recovering from changes resulting from budget cuts.

ProsSmall community hospital that is invested in the needs of the community it serves.

ConsBudget cuts and changes in administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is key in tumultuous times.

Very good learning experience - notsogood for growth

ProsDoing something I knew was valuable and useful for our physicians and the patients they care for.

ConsSorry to say it, but working within the confines of union rules can create an environment within departments where people are encouraged to do the bare minimum, good workers who REALLY care and go above and beyond requirements are let go, while others (simply because they've been there longer) are allowed to stay in their positions - in some instances, good workers are blatantly ostracized or retaliated against simply for suggesting process improvements.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are in a very unique position with all of the new technology being implemented - my advice to management is to listen to employees ON THE FRONT LINES who are forward thinkers and want to contribute more. Some of us have "above and beyond" in our blood and we're being stifled by poor management and outdated policies. It's a shame that we're so good in so many areas and so terrible in other areas - it doesn't have to be that way! We can be leaders, if you have the right people on your team.

For 15 years was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPatients received very good care from the nurses to the diet clerks that delivered there food to the who clean their rooms to the techs the in the various labs that process lab for doctors to make assessments for patient longevity - employees walk around w/ smiles on their faces!!!

ConsWe all miss Sam Downing

Advice to Senior ManagementObtain variety of opinions & suggestions from staff b4 making decisions so they don't have to waste money & time backtracking to correct decisions - procedures - & equipment...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsHospital staff and the board should be applauded for all they've done for the community and will continue to do.

ConsChallenging to keep up with the positive changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay positive and communicate to staff as much as possible.

Excellent learning experience

Security Officer (Former Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsGreat people and community asset.

ConsBudgetary management and failing Board, no transparancy

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing.

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsThe hospital has Great Pay, one of the best benefits package (health and retirement) , generous time off the longer you work there, ease of travel to location

ConsHaving to deal with union issues, politics between department heads/directors and senior management, some of who you know gets or keeps your job (though this has decreased), off site parking while the construction continues

Watch out for the politics in this place

Manager (Former Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsBenefits, Pay, Location, Paid Time off, Working with new equipment

ConsNo advancement, unless you "know" the right people. Construction is costing more than anticipated.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter clean house

Worked for Salinas Valley Memorial? Contribute to the Community!