Salisbury University Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
CEO

1. Solid Community with Good Benefits!

I have been working at Salisbury University full-time

Pros

Wonderful community, excellent benefits (for the area), reasonable stability. Excellent working environment on the whole.

Cons

Poor state fiscal situation, raises infrequent. Pay is poor in many fields when compared to private sector and other areas. Employment often becomes a calculus based on benefits/environment vs. pay.

Advice to Management

Retain good employees! Too many skilled and effective employees leave for greener pastures, leaving workforce at a talent deficit.

2. Great school with flexible jobs

Former Employee - Tutor in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Tutor in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Salisbury University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to work as a tutor whenever I was available. Staff leaders were very nice and helpful. Well stocked on supplies to help tutors tutor other students.

Cons

Some disorganization which was inconvenient for a student-athlete with a full-time class load. Sometimes wouldn't receive money because student-workers accidentally skips over your folder containing your time sheet. Not necessarily a con but none very inconvenient none the less.

3. Great place to work

Former Employee - Technical Support Assistant in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Support Assistant in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Salisbury University (More than a year)

Pros

Salisbury University is a great employer with some of the best benefits and culture that I've seen. There is quite a bit of inter office politics that can become overwhelming at times, however you generally feel respected as an employee.

Cons

There is no direct path of advancement. Moving between departments (at least in IT) can be fairly difficult. Managers tend to be protective of their employees (for better or for worse).

Advice to Management

Make clearer career paths and goals for your employees. If promotion is an easier more direct possibility complacency with employees would likely be lower.

5. Decent

Pros

Great place to work if you are a student

Cons

Bad management in the department I worked under.

6. It used to be better.

Pros

The medical benefits are great.

Cons

Lack of management and direction.

7. Working for this company is ok

Pros

Work by yourself No distractions Easy work

Cons

Pay could be a little bit higher 15 min break (rarely taken) 20hrs weekly

8. Good and Bad for Grad Assistant.

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Salisbury University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Department overall was great and very organized. Group was friendly and team oriented, family atmosphere. Flexible with work and class schedule.

Cons

Little to no communication between schools and departments. Pay was awful, even with tuition being covered and no benefits at all.

9. Great Job for a Student

Former Employee - Student Technician in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Student Technician in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Salisbury University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Time to work on homework or relax in between calls/tasks. -They understand you're a student first. No pressure to come in if you have a test you need to study for or anything else academic related. -Most of the supervisors are sociable and allow you to get to know them on a personal level. -Lots of opportunities to work more hours. -Laid back environment.

Cons

-Occasionally there is drama and when it happens every knows about it (office gossip). -When a supervisor comes in with a funky attitude, it makes for an uncomfortable environment for the student technicians. -$10 an hour pay cap for student technicians.

Advice to Management

If I were the CTS boss I'd get rid of the $10 an hour pay cap for student technicians so that veteran student techs can be paid equivalent to their experience and time with the department. Also some of the supervisors are able to get away with slacking off or causing friction with no consequences. Thats got to stop. It diminishes professionalism. I'd also hire less student techs. At times there were too many students on the payroll and not enough hours to go around.

10. Hands-down the best place I have ever worked

I have been working at Salisbury University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are incredible. Faculty, staff, and administration work together to ensure the University's mission is being met. Truly a student-focused school.

Cons

Pay scale is somewhat low. Opportunities for advancement are somewhat limited.

11. A rewarding expereince

Former Employee - Communications in Salisbury, MD
    Former Employee - Communications in Salisbury, MD

I worked at Salisbury University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, managers are open to new ideas, good working relationships

Cons

budget concerns can impede career growth

RSS Feed </> Embed