Sallie Mae Servicing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Albert L. Lord

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSeveral opportunities for career advancement.

ConsDownsizing eliminated many positions in some key cities.

it was ok but not great place to work. they hire and fire

Nanticoke, PA

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing full-time for less than a year

Prosthe starting pay was good

Consvery strict guidlines of phone times.

Advice to Senior Managementbe a little more reasonable is expectations.

Customer Service Specialist

Customer Resolution/Skip Tracer (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing full-time for more than a year

ProsReasonable pay with good benefits and tuition reimbursement

ConsLong hours, and hectic management with restrictive structure

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

SallieMae is a great company to work for.

Production Research Specialist (Former Employee)
Lynn Haven, FL

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSallieMae is one of the rare companies left that promote from within, allowing a person to really grow professionally. The people I worked with and for were great. The wages were very competitive for the area, and the CEO frequently held meetings to keep everyone informed on how the company was doing.

ConsWorking in the student loan industry can be very stressful. During peak season, long hours are required taking time away from your family and making it difficult to attain a higher level of education.

The best company I have ever worked for.

Collector (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat salary, big bonuses, lots of overtime available, promote from within, tuition reimbursement, affordable health benefits, lots of contests, recognize hardworking employees, many locations throughout the US, management was decent, They will invest in training you.

ConsLong hours, customers can be difficult to deal with, company has questionable underwriting guidelines that make recovery more difficult, HR is very unprofessional, company will try to influence your political opinion.

Advice to Senior Managementcome back to Las Vegas!

Always waiting to get severed.

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
Fishers, IN

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing

ProsThere are no good reasons

ConsIf you do well and make more money you will be severed

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new managers

Great Benefits, Great People to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fishers, IN

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing

ProsFlexibility in time off was very nice. The pay i felt was competetive with other companies. Many opportuntites for advancement. Benefits were great.

ConsSome managers in departments i felt were not manager material. They seemed to play favorites to their friends by sending the smaller easier projects to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake employee suggestions seriously

Very Stressful

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing

Prosget to know how the educational loans work, as far as payments, how to postpone payments if neeeded.

Conswas a very stressful enviorment. they tell you they will work with certain situations when it comes time to there is nothing that can be done. Also some of the sups seem not to care to much about what is going on, you can count on people knowing your business if you tell something personal to certain sups..

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises that you don't intend to keep. Also teach your management team about loyalties and not speading someones personal business out.

Learn the business and then move on

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing

ProsIt was a good place to work if you wanted to learn the business they usually gave paid training for every position, also if you're strapped for income because it was easy to be hired as a seasonal.

ConsWhat didn't like was being hired as a seasonal employee, I understand why did this because it gave you opportunity to learn the business, without them having to pay you benefits right away which saved them income. But it didn't make sense to let someone go when you have already spent the money to train them, and then call them back again if they didn't become a permanent staff and spend the money again to train them. The pay also wasn't comparable with what other companies who were in the same industry were offering.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is they should consider hiring people permanently with a probation period, if they didn't make the grade after the probation period then let them go.

Unstable.....keep looking if you are looking for longevity

I worked at Sallie Mae Servicing

ProsIt was close to home and i had a good work schedule. The pay was decent but I was a seasonal employee. During peak season they hire their own temps and do not use an agency. They manage their own temps which was a plus. It is a call center but was very flexible when it came to your comfort at your desk. I had my own desk, chair and they did everything they could to accomodate my disabilities.

ConsVery secreative when it came to controlling overtime and labor costs. During peak they would ask for you to work extra hours...then send you home when it got slow. Management seemed to really be clueless about labor management. When they released the seasonal employees we were lied to as far as our last paychecks. We were told they would go direct deposit as normal. However, they did not do that, did not tell anyone and mailed paper checks claiming it was some sort of glitch in the system. During my three month stay as seasonal they had a total of two payroll errors which made me very concerned. Due to current problems in the bank and lending world they are very unstable and tend to hire and fire rather quickly to include entry and middle management with NO warning. do not look to this company for stability and longevity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to effectively communicate and treat your people. Quick doing last minute stuff that makes you look very unprofessional.

Worked for Sallie Mae Servicing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sallie Mae Servicing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sallie Mae Servicing CEO Albert L. Lord. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Sallie Mae Servicing employees.