SalonCentric Reviews

Updated April 16, 2015
103 reviews filtered by
2.3
Bertrand Fontaine

Pros
  • Great employee discount on quality beauty products (in 11 reviews)

• Great customers, Good beneifits and nice discount on products (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke , have no idea what is really going on in the stores (in 19 reviews)

• only hiring part time expecting full time effort (in 6 reviews)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

High energy positive environment. You're given the freedom to make decisions to drive your business.

Cons

Fast paced ever changing retail like environment. If you dont embrace change and want a job that is the same every day than this probably isn't for you.

2. Store Manager

I worked at SalonCentric full-time

Pros

I loved this company! They give lots of free products to employees to try. They give each store plenty of materials to market upcoming sales. There is always something new going on and the place is never boring. They also have a leadership conference once a year that all the store managers go to and it is usually like Vegas or Disney World. Just Very unique and fun.

Cons

I managed a very remote store and it was often hard to get any physical help or support from any of the upper management. The hiring process takes for-ev-er!! But it is worth it to get hired.

3. Good corporate culture. Reasonable pay.

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at SalonCentric

Pros

Great office. Good PTO time.

Cons

Sometimes hard to communicate with management.

Advice to Management

No advice

5. Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teaches you a lot about wholesale beauty industry & sales mark-ups in retail.

Cons

A lot of company politics

Advice to Management

Management should promote from within corporate framework instead of recruiting externally

6. Good Company

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Great employees that are always willing to help out.

Cons

Very tough scheduling and constant push for product to get out of the door.

Advice to Management

Continue to notice and recognize lower level employees.

Store Manager

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Good work environment, good pay, lots of product knowledge.

Cons

promotions are not available past store manager role, district manager positions are very rare. wish we had more opportunity to grow. Labor is a issue, we have to cut hours but we have to get sales higher. Doesn't make sense when you have 1 person working and tasks to be done and customers need to be helped.

Advice to Management

Be in the stores more and more hands on. Take our ideas into consideration and get back to us when we reach out.

The good reviews on here are posted by upper management

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount and customers. Product lines are great but stores are usually out of stock. If you are lucky you may work a minimum of 2 Saturdays a month. Stores are filthy- roofs leak and sewage backs up on carpets and they don't get replaced, only cleaned.

Cons

Everything! Look at the job openings for this company. They cover up their job postings by saying "Loreal" because they know what a bad reputation they have. These jobs are open for a reason. If you are thinking about working here, DONT! You will soon regret your decision if you accept a job with this company. Read all of the reviews and you will v be able to spot the ones written by upper management. Words like- growth, empowerment, tram building, organization, structure, busiess leader. The real reviews are easy to spot because they are written by disgruntled employees who are speaking the truth. Store managers are grossly underpaid for the most part, how ever if desperate enough they will pay up to $20 an hour but most make around $14-$16, some even less.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Upper management and HR are only looking out for themselves- you have RVPs that are verbally abusive and District Managers jump ship from being treated like dirt. Bring in a leadership team that has some experience. Growing up in the company isn't always a good thing.

associate

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Discount, product knowledge. Free product gratis.

Cons

Everything else.
    I worked my butt off for this company for 4 years, I stepped up in the ranks and was forced down to part time from my full time positon because I was only able to close every other night. They dont take into consideration your years of service, dedication or previews outstanding reviews when giving you a Payscale. I am being paid the same ad a brand new employee because they need "equality" through their employees. you won't get anywhere with this company unless you have blackmail or kiss enough butt. Managers and associates who try their hardest at the job and do it right get beaten down and verbally abused because they speak up and say things aren't right, but ones who sit around doing nothing and making their part time employees literally do 100% of the work and then blame them when the district manager asks why something wasn't done.
    Huge drama, I have several managers who bad talk me to new people and friends for no reason other than their own spite towards me for not letting them walk all over me and having a voice.
    If you want respect and appreciation in your job, don't work here. MCDONALD'S employees probably get treated better.
    Management is made to keep labor hours within a certain percentage to keep their quartet bonus but the part timers who don't see a penny of that are the ones who's hours are cut, not the ones who get the fat paycheck for talking on the phone to their other manager friends for hours on end.
    Almost all the stores I have ever been to not only in my District but others are understaffed and all I can think is those people who quit are the lucky ones who were smart.
    saloncentric latches on to people who aren't worth it and make the biggest internal stink if you threaten them.
    Last year I was told Saloncentric wanted to be one of the top 5 places to work in the US. Now I feel their new goal is to be one of the worst.

Advice to Management

Learn to take responsibility for your own mistakes instead of blaming someone you didn't teach better. Stop protecting people who don't deserve it, and stop lashing out on people who deserve more from a company that they've spent a good portion of their working life at. Stop cutting our hours and our benefits Because you're too cheap to keep good employees and have high turnover rates. Pay us what we are worth and maybe you would get the loyalty you so desparately crave.

Interview steps take almost 3 months.get job offer then start date finally then they play you along before you start.

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice enough , if they like you! Very good at telling you how great the company is, good during training time, give 2 weeks for development for company vision.

Cons

To many to enter! Very inconsistent in actions and what they want the company to become! Integrity issues with information and coaching people.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in the brand vision! I should have known by the reviews not to join this company! Sugar coating the real expectations should not be part of the interview process ! Not the true reality! Wish I would have stayed with my previous job.

A company that values employees and the development of talent.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Lover my job! My experience has been fantastic! I am a goal driven person and if you are passionate and want to grow there many opportunities. This is a very high energy company.

Cons

You need to be able to multitask. This is not your normal retail. You need to be very knowledgeable about what you are selling. If you are not passionate or willing to learn new things this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep valuing the employees. I have never worked for a company where Senior Management is always available to its employees, it's amazing.

SalonCentric Photos