SalonCentric

Updated November 1, 2014
Updated November 1, 2014
2.0

Bertrand Fontaine

Pros
  • Great employee discount on quality beauty products (in 11 reviews)

• Great customers, Good beneifits and nice discount on products (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke , have no idea what is really going on in the stores (in 19 reviews)

• only hiring part time expecting full time effort (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing products at your finger tips. Help is just a call away. Team work is what we strive for here.

Cons

2 part time employees.

Get us high speed internet

good and bad

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The products are great, good employee discount. As a store manager got to travel to a lot of places I would not have been able to see. Great group of store managers.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what they are doing. Most not from beauty industry. Too much work too little staff at store level. Older managers pushed out. Pay really low for amount of work and expectations. only hiring part time expecting full time effort. A lot of wasted energy and time on merchandising monthly, which most stylist don't care about.

stop micro managing , add some labor hours. hire more fulltime employees, they care more. stylist do not care or read
    90% of monthly merchandising.

You're really a warehouse worker at SalonCentric

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The 40 percent discount and I met some good people there.

Cons

Working here is not what you think. Expect it to be like working at Wal-Mart as a stocker. SalonCentric takes advantage of people who can’t find better opportunity. The pay is low. The training is nonexistent. You’re expected to meet outrageous deadlines or else. You get yelled at by customers because of stock levels being low but you have no control over them. Coverage is always low so if people don’t show up or decide to quit you’re screwed. And people are definitely not staying. I can count 10 people who’ve quit in 6 months.

Smaller stores have one employee working all day on Saturdays without a lunch or a single 15 minute break. You are not allowed to close the store or sit down during your Saturday shift. If you’re at a high volume store with two people, good luck getting a break because you’ll probably be slammed the whole day.

I always laughed at the 10 essential behaviors that upper management shoved down everyone’s throat. The real message was clear “do what I say, not as I do.” SalonCentric has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. You can’t ask questions because no one has the answer. At store level, contacts always changed and you’re rarely ever in the loop about those changes. They’ve also turned SSC and people at store level against each other.

It was disgusting to hear this company talk about “going green.” This is the most wasteful corporation I’ve ever worked for.

SalonCentric would talk about the big picture but they don’t even know what that is. They are so focused on visuals around the store, keeping staff busy and not enough with what kind of experience customers have when they walked out the door. Based on their actions or should I say inaction, employees and customers are obviously disposable to them.

Listen and actually follow through with changes that customers and staff recommend.

It's ok but after a while it's like ok what's next

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Holidays off and closing no later than 7

Cons

No room for growth within the company

Take care of lower level
    Employees

Free stuff is cool...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employee discount is the best part about the job, and getting free products when new stuff comes out. I also liked my fellow sales associates (NOT the managers, however)

Cons

The sales associates are walked all over and the managers are worshiped. Every manager I had at my store (3 total) we're lazy, awful at their job, on a serious power trip and customers ALWAYS complained about their customer service and the way they were treated by the managers. I had multiple customers that told me they loved my service and that they called corporate to rave about me and complain about my manager and they would tell the customer "thank you so much we really appreciate it, we'll make sure we do something special for her and look into the issues with the manager." Of course, absolutely nothing happened.

Hire better managers and listen to customer complaints, they happen for a reason.

bad

I have been working at SalonCentric part-time

Pros

as an employee you have a 40 percent discount.

Cons

They really don't care about employees. Will make you work more than 30 hours with no benefits.

Take care of your employees

do not waste your time

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

free products, travel once a year, reasonably priced insurance, great customers, good hours ,no sundays except inventory. great product discounts

Cons

they say they promote within....if they do then your new position is only temporary, you will be let go. once you leave a store position, you will not get back into a store. Backstabbing DM & RMs. Two faced DMs. Constantly changing policy. Never know from day to day what the policy might be ...

Get your act together, hire people that know the business! Not people from Old Navy or Gap or grocery stores.
    Remember you are not open to the public. We are hair dressers. we do not care about how end caps look. we do not even look at them

Enforce rules and regulations, Protect persons and properties, Observe and report, Escort deposits to the bank.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Union, NJ

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (less than an year)

Pros

To provide the best service to my company and customers, making the experience a pleasant and rewarding one

Cons

Every new day it was new challenge

Complete waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at SalonCentric part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pros of working there was the schedule. I could get off early and pick up my son from school and it worked out pretty great. The Store opened up at eight but I got there at seven thirty and I got off at three p.m. It was great. And the co-workers were great and the discount was nice also

Cons

The store manager was a complete idiot and only became a store manager because she worked there for four years and the other girl quit when she got another job and left the company. The girl was pregnant and was just completely unprofessional and just a complete loser. She needed to stop being so pretentious and started acting like a manager more. I stopped working there when I was in school and they wanted me to pick up more hours.

Managers, stop focusing on your personal life and more on your professional life and stop jerking people around.

This company cares more for profit over happy employees.

I worked at SalonCentric full-time

Pros

There are no real pros for working for this company except for the health benefits.

Cons

Management style is one of fear and intimidation not just on the store level it goes all the way to the top. If you want a good work and life balance this is not the company for you. They will take every bit of your free time and even take your scheduled vacation days away from you if it conflicts with management.

Don't just listen to your employees. Act on their concerns and complaints. You all need to lose the fear and intimidation management style and get ride of those who use that tactic. Legitimate complaints were made and nothing was done about it and this company lost one of their best employees. Keep your employees happy as you can.

SalonCentric Photos