SalonCentric

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
2.1

Bertrand Fontaine

Pros
  • Great employee discount on quality beauty products (in 11 reviews)

• Great customers, Good beneifits and nice discount on products (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke , have no idea what is really going on in the stores (in 19 reviews)

• only hiring part time expecting full time effort (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

No room for advancement

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Great operating hours, great manufacturing partners

Cons

Lots of work with little time frame

Appreciate your employees

Good pay and benefits, but management does not respect all employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vista, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vista, NE

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have great benefits and pay well.

Cons

There is no set schedule for any employee. All employees must obey management whether they're right or not without any disputes or they're fired.

They employees need to balance home and work schedules with flexibility on both ends. The job can't be too demanding, nor can the home life. The employees should be informed or given opportunity for feedback with the issues that affect them directly.

SalonCentric Employment

Current Employee - Beauty Guru in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Beauty Guru in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great wage for Part Timers
    Product Education
    Career Education
    Flexible Hours ( as part time)
    Advancement opportunities
    Product Discount

Cons

Wage once Fulltime/management
    Lack of advancement if you do not wish to be Management

Up wages for Fulltime/Management employees.
    Make bonuses and or contests more accessible to non management employees

TERRIBLE Management!

I worked at SalonCentric

Pros

Awesome discount! 40% off of everything in the store
    A lot of good regular customers that you get to know after awhile
    Opportunities to grow and move up in the company seemed like they were good, sadly I never found out

Cons

I thought I was so lucky to get a job here. I learned how I wrong I was pretty quickly! I'm not going to say the company is bad because I honestly wasn't there long enough to know. My store manager was a very sorry excuse for a manager (and human being). When I got hired, they told me two long time employees, one being assistant manager, both quit at the same time. That should have been a red flag. I was the only employee for a month besides the store manager. I had another job as this one was only part time. The store manager did the schedule around her social life, so the one time I asked her to not schedule me for a certain time she threw a temper tantrum and slammed the office door! Lots of crap talking about customers after they left, being rude to their faces, and allowing certain "favorite" customers to get away with things that they weren't supposed to. She would give me small menial tasks and micromanage the whole time like I was a child. When we finally got another sales associate, she would gossip about the other to both of us and try to put us against each other. She would belittle us and tried to make us look stupid in front of customers on a daily basis. When I finally confronted her in a respectful manner about her condescending behavior to me in front of customers, she slammed the door and threw another tantrum like a child. I finally put my 2 weeks in after only 4 months of working there. My last day there my coworker called the district manager and told her everything that the manager was doing. After having 4 or more employees quit in a short amount of time they finally listened and fired her a few months later! This is not even all the crap I had to deal with while working there!

Corporate, PLEASE train the managers better! District managers and above, please take store employee complaints more seriously! It should not take several employees complaining and quitting for you to finally do something about it! Getting all the paperwork done and being knowledgeable about the field doesn't mean crap if they treat the employees and customers terribly.

Great Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Eau Claire, WI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Eau Claire, WI

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing products at your finger tips. Help is just a call away. Team work is what we strive for here.

Cons

2 part time employees.

Get us high speed internet

good and bad

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The products are great, good employee discount. As a store manager got to travel to a lot of places I would not have been able to see. Great group of store managers.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what they are doing. Most not from beauty industry. Too much work too little staff at store level. Older managers pushed out. Pay really low for amount of work and expectations. only hiring part time expecting full time effort. A lot of wasted energy and time on merchandising monthly, which most stylist don't care about.

stop micro managing , add some labor hours. hire more fulltime employees, they care more. stylist do not care or read
    90% of monthly merchandising.

You're really a warehouse worker at SalonCentric

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The 40 percent discount and I met some good people there.

Cons

Working here is not what you think. Expect it to be like working at Wal-Mart as a stocker. SalonCentric takes advantage of people who can’t find better opportunity. The pay is low. The training is nonexistent. You’re expected to meet outrageous deadlines or else. You get yelled at by customers because of stock levels being low but you have no control over them. Coverage is always low so if people don’t show up or decide to quit you’re screwed. And people are definitely not staying. I can count 10 people who’ve quit in 6 months.

Smaller stores have one employee working all day on Saturdays without a lunch or a single 15 minute break. You are not allowed to close the store or sit down during your Saturday shift. If you’re at a high volume store with two people, good luck getting a break because you’ll probably be slammed the whole day.

I always laughed at the 10 essential behaviors that upper management shoved down everyone’s throat. The real message was clear “do what I say, not as I do.” SalonCentric has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. You can’t ask questions because no one has the answer. At store level, contacts always changed and you’re rarely ever in the loop about those changes. They’ve also turned SSC and people at store level against each other.

It was disgusting to hear this company talk about “going green.” This is the most wasteful corporation I’ve ever worked for.

SalonCentric would talk about the big picture but they don’t even know what that is. They are so focused on visuals around the store, keeping staff busy and not enough with what kind of experience customers have when they walked out the door. Based on their actions or should I say inaction, employees and customers are obviously disposable to them.

Listen and actually follow through with changes that customers and staff recommend.

It's ok but after a while it's like ok what's next

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Holidays off and closing no later than 7

Cons

No room for growth within the company

Take care of lower level
    Employees

Free stuff is cool...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is the best part about the job, and getting free products when new stuff comes out. I also liked my fellow sales associates (NOT the managers, however)

Cons

The sales associates are walked all over and the managers are worshiped. Every manager I had at my store (3 total) we're lazy, awful at their job, on a serious power trip and customers ALWAYS complained about their customer service and the way they were treated by the managers. I had multiple customers that told me they loved my service and that they called corporate to rave about me and complain about my manager and they would tell the customer "thank you so much we really appreciate it, we'll make sure we do something special for her and look into the issues with the manager." Of course, absolutely nothing happened.

Hire better managers and listen to customer complaints, they happen for a reason.

bad

I have been working at SalonCentric part-time

Pros

as an employee you have a 40 percent discount.

Cons

They really don't care about employees. Will make you work more than 30 hours with no benefits.

Take care of your employees

SalonCentric Photos