SalonCentric

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jamie Cheek

Pros:
  • "Employee discount, customers, free products"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great co-worker, great discount, great hour, great location"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management is horrible, everything changes week to week they never know whats going on"
    in 11 reviews
  • "The current building is dungeon like with no windows, people stuck in tiny cubes, sometimes 2 people to a cube and awful lighting"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Still A lot of room for growth but quickly becoming a dominant player

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at SalonCentric as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsAmple opportunity for those who want to move up. Offer a lot of resources and workplace challenges to make you viable in any job market should you leave.

ConsBig corporation settings are not for everyone and can leave a bit of the tang of commerce's bittersweet kool-aid in your mouth at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing its giving you a corner on the market.

long on promise and very short on delivery

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat customers, Good beneifits and nice discount on products.

ConsUnder staffed, Low pay, Extremely High Pressure for sales, unrealistic expectations and un achievable goals. want yes men no original thoughts welcomed. under the impression we have no life only to serve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart Listening to the employees that actually do the job and are from the hair industry. Listen to your customer and what THEY want. Get your act together and stop with all the excuses that things are getting better, let your people do their jobs and stop micromanaging every thing.

Run away, far far away

Prefer Not to State (Former Employee)

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than a year

Pros- can't think of any

ConsIf you are a professional with a brain, this place is not for you. I have never in my entire life worked with individuals which such low intellect and skill levels. The management if you can call it that is a complete joke with the atmosphere being more like an 80's sorority gone bad.

Individuals don't know how to do basic functions like send email so that will give you an idea of who you are working with. It's the dumb hiring dumb and the pattern continues. Lot of individuals kissing you know what and so juvenile.

The current building is dungeon like with no windows, people stuck in tiny cubes, sometimes 2 people to a cube and awful lighting. Staff walk around like zombies complaining about how much they hate it so it definitely has a real negative vibe.

You are better off working at McDonalds...seriously.

Too many layers of management

Receiving Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you work hard, you will stay a long time

ConsCorporate does a poor job hiring operation managerss for the company

Advice to Senior ManagementUse an outside firm in the future when hiring the next operations manager

Unprofessional, dishonest

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Decatur, IL

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLove my customers and my SSC.

ConsI worked there for 4 years and just got fired. I have never been in trouble or wrote up for anything. I was an outstanding employee and made the company a lot of money. There was a policy that I wasn't aware of and wasn't being enforced by management. I got caught up in it and never warned or written up. Then I was promised I was going to get a final write up. Worked the weekend and went to work on Monday and was terminated. Never was told why and wasn't even given a written termination upon leave. I have been trying to call human resources everyday to get a reason for being terminated and of course no one is calling me back. This is potentially a lawsuit.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly recommend giving the dedicated hard working employees like me the respect they deserve and at least have the common courtesy to call them back.

Very unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe discounts and hours were great!

ConsUpper Management is horrible, everything changes week to week they never know whats going on. The turn over rate is also horrible. Things were good until they got bought out by Loreal

Worst Major Corp I have ever worked for

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at SalonCentric part-time for less than a year

Pros40% Discount on Products. Getting to know customers and makinf life long connections with them.

ConsNo hours, terrible management, won't work with your schedule, crap pay

Advice to Senior ManagementHire skilled people. Don't just promote a person who has been there the longest. District managers need to get on the same page with their stores.

I really enjoyed working at SalonCentric, because it had advantage to grow with the company and retire there

Order Selector, Stocking, Billing, Inventory, Etc (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have learned about some of the beauty products, To please the customers and work with some of my employee's

ConsWhen the company sold it to Lo real every things changes, because it's was a family own company

Worst company ever

Credit Analyst (Former Employee)
Largo, FL

I worked at SalonCentric as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat co-worker, great discount, great hour, great location

ConsNo proper training, No help from team leader, micro management,

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide support to new empolyee

What A Mess!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Richfield, MN

I worked at SalonCentric full-time for more than a year

ProsProduct discount, great customers, product knowledge.

ConsI have never worked with upper management that is so unprofessional and disrespectful in my life. After working here its clear they do not care about employees at the store level. Upper management wants everyone to follow along blindly and If anyone questions anything they will do anything to get rid of you. I watched it happen over and over again. The hours you're expected to work verses the pay is not worth it. Zero support from upper management. Extremely high turnover rate in our area. No communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some integrity and really take a look at the things going on at store level. All of your employees corporation wide need to have the same "Big Picture" as the end goal. If we all know where we are headed then it's easier for us all to work together and get there. Communicate! Give support! Listen!

Worked for SalonCentric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SalonCentric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SalonCentric CEO Jamie Cheek. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by SalonCentric employees.