SalonCentric

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
2.3

Bertrand Fontaine

Pros
  • Great employee discount on quality beauty products (in 11 reviews)

• Great customers, Good beneifits and nice discount on products (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke , have no idea what is really going on in the stores (in 19 reviews)

• only hiring part time expecting full time effort (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Great employee discounts. And offers medical benefits.

Cons

They don't offer enough staff to fulfill jobs that need to be done. Also raises don't really exist!!

Poor Management

Former Employee - Salon Consultant
    Former Employee - Salon Consultant

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weekends off and holidays off. The company has great incentives and perks if you make your revenue goal which in include trips and other prize gifts. This a commission only position so you can make it or break it.

Cons

Alot of turn over with upper management. They brought in managers with no experience in the industry. The manager at the time couldn't close a sale, answer your calls or report back in a timely manner to the customer when needed. This is a result of poor management. I had five different managers in a short period of time.

Hire people with experience in the field.

A company that values employees and the development of talent.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Lover my job! My experience has been fantastic! I am a goal driven person and if you are passionate and want to grow there many opportunities. This is a very high energy company.

Cons

You need to be able to multitask. This is not your normal retail. You need to be very knowledgeable about what you are selling. If you are not passionate or willing to learn new things this is probably not the place for you.

Keep valuing the employees. I have never worked for a company where Senior Management is always available to its employees, it's amazing.

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Rapid City, SD

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My time at SalonCentric was an ok experience. There were a lot of changes going on during my time there. The store associates and outside sales consultants that I worked with were the best part of the job.

Cons

The store managers are micromanaged by the DM and upper management. Finding new associates was also a challenge.

Very upset by companies DISORGANIZATION and handling of customer services issues

Former Employee - Salon Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Salon Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at SalonCentric

Pros

-Company makes AMAZING products (and distributes many other great products)
    -ability to make great money in certain markets

Cons

-Company was formed by purchasing MANY different companies and merging together...the problem is everyone has their own ways of how to do a process and it is VERY hard to figure out which is the right way
    -Company does not provide adequate tools to sales reps (no cell phone, laptop, printer, car or gas allowance) when the job is 75% driving or being on the phone and computer.
    - Company does not currently have customer services issues handled in an adequate way. When we had an issue getting product to client we where not informed till the day it was supposed to be clients hand. Then was advised that client can just go to the store and fix it themselves.

I am happy that you are looking at new great products but customer service needs to be streamlined and set as the main goal of the company.

Worst experience of my life!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at SalonCentric

Pros

Customers
    Products
    Store Hours (if they were followed)

Cons

This was the worst company I have ever worked for. They are completely disorganized, do not understand the industry, and most especially they treat their employees horribly. They do not care about the customer or their needs. Their sole focus is on money. SC has completely unrealistic expectations! They take no responsibility and make up false accusations in order to get rid of people. They get rid of long time employees who know the job and hire their friends and past co-workers. Upper management is abusive to the employees. They expect you to work endless hours, late into the night, your days off, and you must be available whenever they want you. They only hire part timers other than management. They do not staff the store properly. There is so much more work to be done than employees given. They'll have you work all day alone, you can't take a break and they have no regard for your safety. SC is constantly out of stock of the essential products that customers need and have no time frame for when they will be restocked. They rather focus on merchandizing than inventory. The computer system constantly fails creating hardship for both the customers and employees. You cannot get in touch with anyone when you need something including your DM. SC expects you to constantly be on conference calls which takes you away from your customers and job duties. You are thrown into things without proper training. The people who are supposed to train you don't even know how to do it themselves. You spent endless hours remerchandizing the entire store only to be redone again days or weeks later. Only work for this company if you want to be run into the ground and treated abusively.

Focus more on customer needs and satisfaction. Have sufficient inventory of products. Focus less on merchandizing and time consuming tasks such as the daily logs. The manner in which conference calls are handled is not realistic. Have a better understanding of your customers and the industry. Look into your upper management and their abusive treatment of employees. Listen to the employees. Hire f/t employees and better staff the stores to provide better service to the customers and have more productivity. Make sure all glitches/kinks are fixed before installing a computer system. Properly train all levels. Understand there needs to be a balance between work and life.

Disappointed forklift operator

Former Employee - Stocker in Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Stocker in Largo, FL

I worked at SalonCentric

Pros

Can not think of many good reasons to work for this company. Depending on location, lots of hours, decent benefits.

Cons

Too many hours,low pay raises,company does not really care for it's workers. No bonuses, does not reward good work performance.

No room for advancement

I have been working at SalonCentric

Pros

Great operating hours, great manufacturing partners

Cons

Lots of work with little time frame

Appreciate your employees

Good pay and benefits, but management does not respect all employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vista, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vista, NE

I worked at SalonCentric full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have great benefits and pay well.

Cons

There is no set schedule for any employee. All employees must obey management whether they're right or not without any disputes or they're fired.

They employees need to balance home and work schedules with flexibility on both ends. The job can't be too demanding, nor can the home life. The employees should be informed or given opportunity for feedback with the issues that affect them directly.

SalonCentric Employment

Current Employee - Beauty Guru in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Beauty Guru in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at SalonCentric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great wage for Part Timers
    Product Education
    Career Education
    Flexible Hours ( as part time)
    Advancement opportunities
    Product Discount

Cons

Wage once Fulltime/management
    Lack of advancement if you do not wish to be Management

Up wages for Fulltime/Management employees.
    Make bonuses and or contests more accessible to non management employees

SalonCentric Photos