Saltgrass Steakhouse Reviews

3.2

CEO

Waiting tables

I have been working at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time

Pros

Good friends and good time

Cons

Long hours and not consistent pay

Server

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time

Pros

Great money, flexible schedule, fairly easy job

Cons

Favoritism and lack of communication

Become a trainer and be on the good side of high-end management

Good money. But it's getting ridiculous.

I have been working at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Pros

Everyone I work with is nice and friendly, easy to get along with. They definitely like to keep thing neat and clean.

Cons

Once you start hiring high school girls at the host stand, they would rather party than work closing shifts. Some people actually have a life, a child, and can't close every day of the week. Very one sided about things. Need to enforce dress code if you really want us to take you seriously. Our job is a host not a silverware roller.

Don't pick favorites, treat us with respect and we will do the same. Realize that when we started out at this job you said you had no problem working with our schedule. If we can't work certain days, we just can't. Don't come try to take over when we are simply doing our job the best we can. Maybe not as fast as you think as should be, but we're getting the job done. Don't threaten to let us go and then keep us. I've worked here for two years now, great management at first, after a few months, turned into people looking like they run the place, and know what they are doing. And forgetting to put a reservation down on our list when you have known about it for a month, especially a big party, and not getting a phone number for confirmation reason, so unprofessional!! Makes the hosts look so bad!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun family orientated place to work and make good money

Former Employee - Server  in  Galveston, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Galveston, TX

I worked at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

People work hard and together, good amount of responsibility, fun group of people, good food, great team effort,

Cons

Not much to say, great start as college student, late nights are hard if you are a morning person.

Waiting tables

I have been working at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Pros

Great job if you like working in customer servcice.

Cons

The hours aren't easy first coming in. The better employees get the better hours so you have to work for your spot.

Food great waitstaff not so much

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Houston, TX

I worked at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful food and drinks, cant complain about the clientele very respectable crowd.

Cons

Waitstaff very disrespectful and managers don't care that they continuously curse in front the customers.

Re-train your staff.

Rude co-workers, demanding managers

Former Employee - Server  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% any time you go out to eat for yourself and up to 4 people, easy to learn ordering system, bussers were quick at my location, the GM at my original location was an amazing person who was willing to work with you.

Cons

Hard to get shifts covered, rude co-workers, hostesses skipped people on rotation (different people every rotation were skipped), ticket times could sometimes be 30-40 minutes on lunches and affected how fast you could flip tickets. Co-workers at my new location would stand in front of the computers doing nothing or talking and when I reached to swipe my card and put it one item and send it they would get snippy. It's a "casual fine dining" experience according to my managers would never made sense to me, They expect you to be "world class" in appearance when your clientele come in wearing flipflops and wife beaters.

Don't take yourself so seriously and don't allow your trainers to shove people out of a restaurant just because they don't like them.

Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Sever/Trainer  in  Kemah, TX
    Former Employee - Sever/Trainer in Kemah, TX

I worked at Saltgrass Steakhouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

With hard work vertical mobility is very possible, very quickly. Slackers don't go far. The hours were very reasonable and management was great. I was very impressed with how they worked with my College schedule and how quickly I was able to move up the ladder, even as a part time employee. Expectations were very clear.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. It was an excellent place to work and I have zero complaints. The ranking system for servers was a little vague at times, but after some pressing a metric could be seen.

Busy workplace

I worked at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Pros

Good Culture and company values.

Cons

They don't care about their managers personal life. they will work you into the ground and then ask you for more.

A successful company that does not care about it's people.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Saltgrass Steakhouse full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunities for hourly employees wanting to get into management.

Cons

Work / life balance is awful.

Worked for Saltgrass Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!