Sam Packs Five Star Ford

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
2.9

Sam H. Pack

Overall, A good place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quality co-workers, stable ownership & management, fantastic Community involvement/support; Long-term employees in Sales, Management, Service, and more. The owner is pro-community involvement! This dealership advertises pro-actively and can be quite progressive in thinking.

Cons

Industry issues: Hours, lack of respect from the public;
    Employee issues: All of us need to be flexible. Our customers are changing, we need to be one step ahead.

Mandate technology options to set us apart from the competition. Give the workers a vision and support the practices to achieve. Stay open to new ideas. ***Reward your performers***

sales

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of customers and on the job training

Cons

long hours and commission based

Great company to work for. As long as you are a self starter you can be successful.

Current Employee - Internet Sales  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Internet Sales in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay plan for salespeople (if they actually work), longevity, new facility coming!

Cons

There aren't many cons to working here. Yes, the hours are long but you may as well work hard while you are here. If you aren't a self starter this may not be for you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job Advancement is unheard of

Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time for more than a year

Pros

great co-workers, good inventory, parts and service dept are awesome, free service loaner vehicles

Cons

horrible pay plan, spiffs are a joke, mandatory 1/2 work day on your day off if you dont meet min sales quota month before, sales process is a mess, management offers no support or training AT ALL, this company does NOT promote from within.

promote from within! why take a chance on a wild card from another dealer, specifically from a competitor brand? You have several great choices working for you now! Extremely loyal and ready to make a difference! Also, take a look in the mirror when it comes to payplan!

Terrible

Former Employee - Salesman  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Salesman in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Sam Packs Five Star Ford full-time for less than a year

Pros

2500 guarantee for 3 months but they will pay you about $576/week before taxes

Cons

If you go to up someone it is ALWAYS for someone else; they want you to "chase" cars down like a dog, just to have the person press the gas pedal on you; they want you to call people on "lists" who have no intention of buying a car; you have but kissers who always snitch on you; long hours saturdays have NO customers pull on the lot; you will not make any money after your draw in 90 days because all cars/trucks are sold at a mini so you make $100-$150 per car; MICRO MANAGEMENT; you work with "weird and no life old men"

Do something else

Thinking about car sales? Think again.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Sam Packs Five Star Ford

Pros

You get to be outside a lot. If you'd rather be away from your family. Like dealing with the public. Are a self-starter, quick learner, young and have low expenses.

Cons

Long hours. And car salesmen don't make a lot of money until a few years in, when they can start getting repeat business.

Fire your floor manager and look really hard at what's going on at the sales desk. There is a revolving door culture on the sales floor, and little respect or aid is given employees. Having been a manager before my stint in cars sales, I can tell you this is not leadership, it is pure reaction and an unprofessional environment.

Worked for Sam Packs Five Star Ford? Contribute to the Community!