Sam Swope Auto Group

Add Photos

Dick Swope

Review of the Sam Swope Auto Group

Associate (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsPossibly make good money, if you work alot of hours and weekends.

ConsLots of work, work, work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet younger. Pay your best sales people more. Lose the EGO!

Wife tells of terrible working conditions

Account Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

Pros- You get a paycheck.
    - You can provide for your family until you find a better job.
    - You learn all the dirty little tricks of the automotive sales industry so the next time you purchase a vehicle you know what to look out for.

Cons- If you are Hispanic, discrimination and racism runs rampant throughout the entire organization directed solely at Latinos. It's not only tolerated, it is happening at the highest levels within the organization.
    - They have a policy that if you do not have good credit and if you must go through their 'buy here, pay here' section known as the "Advantage Plan", they will not sell you a car if you do not speak English. This has been their policy for over 20 years according to management.
    - You must sign an Arbitration Agreement

Advice to Senior Management(1) Take better care of your employees no matter what their national origin is. (2) NEVER underestimate the power of social media. (3) Read up on the definition of "hate crimes' and ensure you're not guilty or covering up for someone else who is guilty. (4) Have spouses sign arbitration agreements and non-disparagement / settlement agreements.

The best job I ever had!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe flexibility of my management team. My manager was always fair with his employees and he truly cared about our personal and professional growth. The dealership was always clean and inviting.

ConsThe cons of the dealership are the cons of the entire automotive industry...12 hour days 7 days a week.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long, tedious, boring, unscrupulous, and unrewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsDecent training despite the official trainer, there are a lot of great associates working there that make things much easier.

Cons"Nobody walks away" mentality ensures that every customer can walk all over the sales associates and management will ruin any rapport you had with a client in order to make the quick sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to relax a little bit, make it a comfortable environment for customers and your "associates", it feels like a dentists office.

Worked for Sam Swope Auto Group? Contribute to the Community!