Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer

Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills (in 45 reviews)

• The oppurtunity to learn every aspect of the job and business Decent pay and benefits (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you become salaried forget having work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• The one thing I got tired of was the constant push for Plus memberships or credit applications (in 52 reviews)

More Highlights
15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Number 2 wholesaler

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSalieried Managers earn a decent wadge

Conspoor work life balance. large work load

sams club

Food Service Associate (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

Prosthe pay and the hours

ConsUNORAGANIZED. often left alone to make pizzas take orders and make orders all at one time. left to clean whole kitchen by myself and expected to stay late to finish.

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about employees and less about yourself. You should be willing to do our job when we need help.

Tiring

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) City of Industry, CA

ProsThere are different little ways in which the company takes care of their associates (free club membership, discounts on produce year round and discounts on bakery and meat items during the holiday, etc..)

ConsLow Pay, difficult to obtain a Full-time position, the expectations of performance and results of work were high and beyond what I made every two weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate of the Associates. They are the people that make your company flourish.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great starting company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExposure to high pace environment. Decent pay and benefits. Great experience for future careers.

ConsYour experience will always depend on the management at that particular location. Pay will always be lower than Costco for literally the same exact work.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect management to employers better. Some management really feels they are at the top of the corporate world, when in reality they are just managers at a warehouse.

Management gets paid well, hourly associates do not... Full time is impossible to get

Cashier (Current Employee) South Gate, CA

ProsGreat company if you are a student, they work with your schedule, if 20 hours a week is all you need, this is the place for you.. They can also work with another job schedule. They start above minimum wage

ConsFor a person with a family this place will just get food on the table, good look having the roof over your head though.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou work for a great company, tell your higher ups to give you more power to run the place, stop the micromanaging, more hours means more things will get done.

it's a great place to grow and learn, and you learn in all positions not just the one you applied for.

Member Services Associate (Former Employee) Gardena, CA

ProsGreat pay and fair promotions

ConsSome managers tend to have favoritism towards others

Advice to Senior Managementequality

Company is losing track of the importance of their employee satisfaction scores and retention. Employees frustrated.

Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat experience if you like to work with people and public on a daily basis. Can help impact peoples future goals

ConsStrict Wal-Mart rules hinders this company's employee relations. Employees not supported beyond profit goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush for better company motivations for dedicated and loyal employees. Management work environment is not good.

Culture is gone.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDecent pay. Good work environment. Good co-workers. Good hourly associates. Good opportunities for advancement if you are in the clique.

ConsZero work/life balance. Company culture has lost its way. Profit is the only mission of this company. Employees are asked to do too much for what they are paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe read Sam Walton's book, Made in America.

sams club great place to work

Maintenance (Current Employee) Palmdale, CA

Prosgood pay grade starting out @ 840 base pay
    good work environment clean store with mature people
    good people no problems with the people

Consmanagement sometime sucks
    low hours in January

Okay place to work, but don't make a career out of it.

Cashier (Current Employee) La Habra, CA

ProsGreat people to work with.
    Management really listens to you and tries to help you.
    Flexible scheduling and good hours.
    Pay above minimum wage.

ConsThey are always moving items, so when members ask you where something is you lead them in the wrong direction.
    There is too much stress on renewals, plus upgrades, and credit. There is no such thing as a cashier anymore it seems. We are all pretty much sales associates.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!