Sam's Club

1,243 Reviews
1,243 Reviews

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer
Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills (in 49 reviews)

• Decent pay if your salaried compared to other retailers (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • As management sometimes work/life balance is not where it needs to be (in 32 reviews)

• Also it is very difficult to get a full time position unless you're willing to work overnight (in 57 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Benefits are great across the board. 401k Stock insurance vacation

Cons

I really have no major complaints. They ask you to work which is at any job right?

Stressful

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Good coworkers and you can leave early once your work is done.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and always finds ways to make your job harder.

Unwelcoming

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sam's Club has really competitive wages. It's probably one of the higher paying places in town if you're looking for a job that you don't necessarily need experience or education for. You also get holiday pay after working for three months there. Also, depending on what department you are in, there is a lot less stress than there has been in other jobs that I have had. They also have days where they treat the employees with food for having so many accident free days or they get a cake for the month's birthdays, and the break room is pretty nice. Overall, if you are looking for a place to work just part time and you have set days in mind already, it's good to get some extra money.

Cons

It is incredibly hard to actually get benefits while working in sam's club due to the fact that they make it a point to not give a lot of employees full time, so even though you may be making more hourly, you could be making a lot more somewhere else full time even though it might pay a little bit less and again, you get no benefits. It is also harder to work two jobs because there are no set schedules and changing availability can get your hours cut. Also, in my personal experience, I have not felt very welcomed working in my department. There is a lot of favoritism, a lack of communication and trust between employees, and a lot people that are put in higher positions and treat the people under them in a not so great way. I know that steps are being put into making sure that there is no favoritism, but those steps that were put in to prevent favoritism are very easy to bypass.

Happy employees equals harder working employees and employees are a lot happier when they get along with their coworkers. Train your team leads and managers on how to deal with employees that are having problems and also giving them training on how to speak to their fellow associates in a way that makes them feel valued and appreciated rather than in demeaning ways. Make sure that people that are in charge are going through with their training, by speaking to all of the associates as regularly as possible and asking how they are doing and if they have any issues with anything going on would be a really great idea. Especially when someone is newly promoted.

An okay part-time job

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Flexible Hours, they cater to what you want and need. I go to school full time, and I still get my hours because they work around my schedule.

Cons

The way some people get full time is corrupt. Instead of picking the best worker, they have to give full time to the associate that doesn't cut their hours when told, and bullies their way into it.

Opportunity without boundaries

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Opportunity, personal growth, work-life balance are all perks. Leadership is open to ideas and you can determine your own success by how you navigate relationships, exposure and experiences.

Cons

Not many Cons with working here.

Sams Club

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

The training, benefits, and work/life balance

Cons

Compensation, time off request, vacations

Pretty Good Job!

Current Employee - Meat Associate in Winterville, NC
    Current Employee - Meat Associate in Winterville, NC

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is pretty good. Really good people to work around

Cons

cold conditions with sometimes unreachable goals.

Manager in Training

Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

The management team that I worked with were great. They took the time to teach me things that I would need to know as a manager. The other employees were great too. Good environment. The pay for an internship was great and I was put in a hotel paid by the company during the entire 10 weeks.

Cons

On your feet on hard concrete all day. Very tiring for never having done a 40 a week job before.

I don't have any complaints. It's a great company and I was offered a job at the end of the internship. I declined for several reasons: the retail environment is too chaotic for me and while the salary they offered to an almost college graduate was hard to pass up, the 55-60 hour work week that would accompany it was not.

Company in decline.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Friendly environment, decent starting pay for new hires. Generally flexible with shifts and time off.

Cons

Small pay increase each year. Terrible management. Throw you in any department during any shift with no compensation or gratitude. After years of employment, direct competitors have better salary.

My current position is very demanding.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

The employees are great and we can all laugh and socialize together.

Cons

Low pay for very demanding and stressful work environment.

Never forget the people that work hard to make you look good to the corporate managers.