Sam's Club

Sam's Club Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer

Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros:
  • "Good pay, flexible hours, front end manager is very nice and understandable"
    in 41 reviews
  • "Supervisors somewhat flexible with part time employees who are college students"
    in 30 reviews
Cons:
  • "Was pushed to the limit to sell credits and plus memberships since the club was doing terrible"
    in 49 reviews
  • "Also it is very difficult to get a full time position unless you're willing to work overnight"
    in 39 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I love sams!

Member Champion (Current Employee)
    Saint Cloud, MN

ProsI love everyone i work with at sams i love my pay.. I love My hours.. they see how hard i work and reward me for it i think its a great place to work!

Conscustomers but thats not sams clubs fault... Its because we live in this screwed up world.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you see how is working hard and reward them! Even saying "great job"

Friendly Company

ProsFriendly employees. After interview everyone was pretty nice to me as the new person. the manager was really amazing too.

ConsSelling the memberships can get a little annoying. The atmospher inside the store is a little oppressive. but its a ware house so thats expecred

Good Company to move up in. As with most retail, poor work life balance.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to get promoted. Fast paced, if you can handle the job here, you can handle it anywhere. Many completely different jobs at the same company.

ConsNo set schedules. As assistant manager can be assigned to any department at whim of store manager. No ability to negotiate salaries. Budgets get very little input from store level, making achieving bonuses harder.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Electronics/Connection Center Associate

ProsA lot of opportunity to move up if you are a hustler, pay is OK, busy work environment and most employees are ok too. Fair policy on vacation time, they do value hard work. It all depends on management.

ConsSome middle levels of management are poor, some ideas set in place make no sense, a lot of terrible choices of employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates more

Meat/Deli supervisor

Meat/Deli Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Topeka, KS

ProsGreat place to work, career growth, numerous opportunities, good management.

ConsAverage pay but is easy to move up amd make more.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is vital, better understand daily duties and stresses in the club.

Overall was a great experience with many opportunities for growth. I would recommend this Company to all of my friends.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople - Culture.
    Customer Service driven.
    Competitive environment - fun.

ConsPay needs to be more competitive for its Associates.

Great company with wonderful opportunities!

Member Services Associate (Current Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe mangers worked with you to help you be successful. I got 2 promotions in less than a year. Great chances to move around.

ConsYou HAVE to be a seller to work in any job that deals with members. I used to think it was stupid and hard but then I realized that membership is how sams makes money. Renewals, upgrades to plus, and credits are your goal each day. Get as many members as you can to do one of the three. Must be fit because you have to transfer everything from one cart to another. Water, dog food, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider focusing on member service rather than getting members to upgrade their membership to plus.

Overall it was an okay experience.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Kannapolis, NC

ProsDecent pay for a retail/cashier job. Great incentives.

ConsNot much opportunity to move up and way too much pressure on getting membership upgrades. Most members were nasty and rude and had an attitude of entitlement compared to other retail places that I have worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier to move up and make the plus membership better so that it is easier to sell to members.

Over night stocker

Over Night Stocker (Current Employee)
    El Paso, TX

ProsI'm moving to macallen and I like working night

ConsThat I am moving to macallen

Advice to Senior ManagementKept all management informed

It was very positive

Pharmacist (Former Employee)
    Grand Junction, CO

ProsFlexible hours,wonderful staff, great customers

ConsThe store management seemed to have a different agenda as the pharmacy did.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sam's Club CEO Rosalind G. Brewer. All 931 reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees.