Sam's Club Reviews

1357 reviews filtered by
1,357 Reviews
Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer
Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills (in 49 reviews)

• Decent pay if your salaried compared to other retailers (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • As management sometimes work/life balance is not where it needs to be (in 32 reviews)

• Also it is very difficult to get a full time position unless you're willing to work overnight (in 57 reviews)

1. Was a good experience hiring process was made fun. People involved very friendly and helpful.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Ankeny, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Ankeny, IA

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Not told about benefits at all. Starting pay is ok

Cons

Yiew and have heard nothingou dont hear back soon enough about back ground check or ua. If you are on medication Dr. is to call and ask for medication #s and pharmacy. Third day after interv

If you are on medication from a Dr. for years this should not be held against you.. And it takes to long to have someone call you about UA. 3 days and waiting

2. Sams Club is a great place to work as someone just getting out of high school. It has very nice leadership training.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is alright. Management structure. Opportunity to learn multiple roles in a retail setting.

Cons

Fellow co-workers can be hard to work with. Management has 'bottom line' approach to management.

3. Great Place to start and build up.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Great pay. Lots of options for advancement.

Cons

You do not always get your hours.

5. It's a fun overall economical experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Sam's Club full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are very friendly, fun workplace

Cons

None that I know of

Be dedicated

6. Has the best quality items from groceries to clothes. Also the best place to work at.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sam's Club part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most friendly managers and coworkers. Very organized duties and perfect work environment. I really enjoyed working there. It teaches me a lot about customer service and sales.

Cons

No major cons. Sometimes they tend to stress the employees to reach the goal on membership and credits. Sometimes cashiering can be a little tough

Friendly and understanding managers are the key to productivity and improvement of employees

7. Ditch to Ditch

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great concept and philosophy started with the proper strategy and metrics in place. It has seen tremendous growth and has succeeded up to a point.

Cons

Mortgaging cheap, short term sales and profits like giving away memberships and diluting the value of a membership,
    Current leadership is weak and has been put in place solely to meet corporate diversity goals.

CHANGE leadership.... get back to the basics!

8. Love my job !

Current Employee - Member Services Associate in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Member Services Associate in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

I love seeing and talking with my regular members as well as meeting and speaking with the new and potentially new members my club.

Cons

Management at my club does NOT adhere to the 10ft rule but expects us to most certainly .

Take time to get to know the associates working for you . We are all in this together and to keep our members happy. Take notice and acknowledge the good workers and get rid of the bad ones.

9. Awesome ...sometimes

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Great ppl ..lots of fun ...nice bonus if store performs

Cons

Upper Management doesn't know what it wants...Assoc. can be a pain

10. Sam's Club President & CEO

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been through several CEO's at Sam's Club and other retailers throughout my 28 years career in retail. Rosalind(Roz) Brewer is professional, intelligent, sets clear expectations, forward thinker, caring, holds people accountable in a constructive manner, great listener, personable, easily approachable, and honest. Unlike other leaders I have encountered, she is very transparent.

Cons

My 5 star rating of Sam's Club above is mainly due to Roz's leadership. Some of the leader under Roz are not transparent specifically at the SVP/VP level. Some are doing terrible things to their associates, and getting away with it due to them hiding under the "holding associates accountable", and they have influence over their EVP.

The people division at Sam's Club must build more credibility internally. They need to be truly trained on what their job is. Some of the people managers have complete loyalty to an SVP. So if this SVP wants to fire anyone, he could find ways to do it without looking like he is retaliating. This happened repeatedly to good talented people that ended up leaving the company.

There are many great leaders at Sam's, but there needs to be more direct involvement from Walmart, Inc. CEO and Roz so they can discover the few leaders that don't exemplify what true leadership skills are all about. For example: If there were repeated complaints/open doors by previous or current associates on a leader, then something is wrong with that leader, and needs to be moved to another position.

The people division at Sam's Club must build more credibility internally. They need to be truly trained on what their job is. Some of the people managers have complete loyalty to an SVP. So if this SVP don't like someone, he could find ways to do it without looking like he is retaliating. This happened repeatedly to good talented people that ended up leaving the company. as they saying goes, people leave boss's and not companies.

11. Working at the club

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

The best part of working is the variety of shifts and competitive pay

Cons

Dealing with unhappy customers and scheduling