Sam's Club Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer
Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and great people to work with (in 49 reviews)

• Decent pay for the retail field (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you become salaried forget having work life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Also it is very difficult to get a full time position unless you're willing to work overnight (in 57 reviews)

1,619 Employee Reviews

1. Looking for a good part time job? Top's in my book.

Current Employee - Cashier in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Management really treats you with respect and it is not above them to help members and employees when needed. Everyone works as a team. It is a great place to work! The club is really fair about needing time off for appointments. The best part is I attend school full time and they are willing to work around my school schedule as needed. Management is always there to help whether it be putting out stock, or working the front end with cashier's. At the end of the night management will even thank you for your hard work. They let you know how much they appreciate your efforts.

Cons

It is hard to get full time employment.

Advice to Management

Management really does a great job. It makes coming to work not so bad.

2. What Sam's Club has to offer

Current Employee - Night Time Merchandiser in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Night Time Merchandiser in Cary, NC

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Sam Club is a great place to work at because it give you an opportunity to start at an entry level position and work you way up to management. A lot of managers were associates because they became managers. They will work with your schedule and show you step by step how to learn and applied what you have learned. I think young, old , or need a second job I would defiantly apply to Sam Club online. I my self just recently relocated and I think Sams Club has given me the opportunity to meet new people and work to pay some of my bills

Cons

Some people may be negative and like to not take there job serious but you will have that every where you work

Advice to Management

Nothing ... He is great

3. Cashier at sam's Club

Former Employee - Cashier in Caguas, PR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Caguas, PR

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

its a great place to work if you like working with people, they have a great compensation program and the hours are very flexible for college students

Cons

you have to be standing up all the time, you also havew to be very fast since you have to meet a certain product per minute time but other than that is great

Advice to Management

great people dont really know what advice could I give them, They work nd interact great with the other employees

5. great starting pay for college students!

Former Employee - Cashier/Membership Desk in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier/Membership Desk in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

fun place to work, they will work with you, great room for advancement and starting pay was $10 an hr for cashiering but i had experience.

Cons

some people dont have a consistant schedule and it can be a hassle to have to look at the schedule every week to see what you work the next week.

Advice to Management

have the managers of the cashiers get some better communication skills.... they just need to learn how to effectively talk to people.

6. I have many jobs in the last six years, this is the best one out of all of them.

Current Employee - Cashier in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

The supervisors praise you. You don't have to be there to early nor leave to late ever. The pay is alot better then at a supermarket. You have alot of freedom.

Cons

Not enough cashiers since the people who shop there usually buy lots of items since it's wholesale so you may have very long lines especially if there isn't anyone to PDA items. Not enough COS's if you need an override it will be a minimum of 3 minutes. You have to be real careful of the many ways you can get a pickslip because if you get one you can't transfer stores nor move departments for a year.

Advice to Management

Keep the cashiers informed of new promotions as these are good for selling plus's and only the cashiers who are friendly with the supervisors know about them.

7. ok

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Sams has alot of diversity and has a great environment. the best asset sams has is the employees interaction within each other

Cons

The only thing i dnt like about sams is that the sams club doesnt give discounts to its employees h

Advice to Management

If you wanna work at sams club, be prepared to do all the things that are required for you to do

8. Excellent place to spend some time!

Former Employee - Center Section Associate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Center Section Associate in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Managers actually listened to my suggestions and used some of them. I was given the freedom to express my creativity as long as I was generating sales.

Cons

You're working for the walmart corporation - I'm a fan of small business.

9. It was very educational and fulfilling

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Very relaxed environment with mutual respect between the managers and the workers. Best paying job I have ever had, haven't had many though.

Cons

A lot of the other workers were just working to get done, not necessarily to do a good job. Dealing with customers gets frustrating sometimes.

Advice to Management

Good job keeping the environment upbeat for the most part. Very personal with the workers and it makes you feel good being talked to like a friend by the club manager.

Great place to work as far as retail goes.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Competitive salaries Family environment It can actually be fun too.

Cons

Everybody's trying to get ahead and they'll try to squash you to get there.

Advice to Management

Don't do anything against policy. There's always gonna be someone keeping an eye on you to squash you to make themselves look good.

11. It is great and satisfying

Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

their are the Beneifits, flexible hours

Cons

you have to lift and under pressure

Advice to Management

I apperciate all the respect and appreceation that I been given since I worked here. No comments on my employer.

Showing 1,619 of 1,631 reviews